Sign in to follow this  
stinger2k2

GCU Range knob

Hi guys,

The range knob on the GCU and G1000 seems to suggest that you can also use it to pan the MFD map.

However I can only seem to use it to zoom in and out. Is the pan feature not modelled or am I doing something wrong?

cheers

Stinger

Update.....

I asked Carenado this question and they replied that at the moment it is only

possible to zoom in and out using the range knob but the pan feature may be

added in a future update.

cheers

Stinger

That is the standard response -- "might be added" they don't add or fix anything!!!  Even the A36 OAT Bug is not fixed.....I have spent HUNDREDS of dollars on their planes....Not another one will be bought if they can't even fix a simple bug with with value they are showing.

They also could have implemented simple LVARS for controlling all of the cockpit items but they chose not too....Makes mapping the Autopilot impossible..again no more money going their way again.

Les O'Reilly

On 3/7/2019 at 2:15 AM, LesOReilly said:

That is the standard response -- "might be added" they don't add or fix anything!!!  Even the A36 OAT Bug is not fixed.....I have spent HUNDREDS of dollars on their planes....Not another one will be bought if they can't even fix a simple bug with with value they are showing.

They also could have implemented simple LVARS for controlling all of the cockpit items but they chose not too....Makes mapping the Autopilot impossible..again no more money going their way again.

Les,

For your info i have mapped the autopilot (and most other things in the Phenom 300). Check out my home cockpit on Youtube.

Regards

Stinger

2 hours ago, stinger2k2 said:

Les,

For your info i have mapped the autopilot (and most other things in the Phenom 300). Check out my home cockpit on Youtube.

Regards

Stinger

What commands are you using for the Autopilot?  Specifically the FLC and VS modes??

Les O'Reilly

14 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

What commands are you using for the Autopilot?  Specifically the FLC and VS modes??

There is quite a lot of code to put into a reply here. I use LINDA as an interface to fsuipc and have written lua functions for each. If you wish to send me a PM with your email address I can send you the code. Otherwise you can visit the LINDA forum where i have uploaded a LINDA module with the code for most of the controls. A few are missing from the module as i have added more since i last uploaded the module.

Regards

Stinger

On 3/24/2019 at 6:13 AM, stinger2k2 said:

There is quite a lot of code to put into a reply here. I use LINDA as an interface to fsuipc and have written lua functions for each. If you wish to send me a PM with your email address I can send you the code. Otherwise you can visit the LINDA forum where i have uploaded a LINDA module with the code for most of the controls. A few are missing from the module as i have added more since i last uploaded the module.

Regards

Stinger

So that then proves my point.....They could have easily implemented support for using the general sim G1000 button commands and not required that users have to "code" up all kinds of conditional events.  I use Spad.next for sim controls......I can make a lot of conditional events.  PMDG and others have no issue implementing this kind of support.....Though the best example is RealityXP when it comes to using built in sim commands to control the functions.

• Like 1

Les O'Reilly