Sign in to follow this  
joepoway

VoiceAttack plug in call for help

I have been using VoiceAttack for years with P3D and all the other flight sims and I find it invaluable particularly with VR. I also have used SPAD.next with all my Saitek hardware to assign buttons and switches etc. There exists a SPAD.next plug in for VoiceAttack to be able to access complex LVars commands in SPAD.next using any of my VoiceAttack commands which can be very useful for aircraft like PMDG or my A320. Recently I upgraded all my old Saitek hardware to higher quality hardware and no longer use SPAD.next which was primarily designed for Saitek equipment.

I have now transitioned to the use of LINDA and LUA programming to assign buttons and find it to be as good if not better than SPAD.Next. However I no longer have the ability to access complex commands with VoiceAttack because there is no plugin for LINDA in VoiceAttack. I have contacted both the LINDA and VoiceAttack developers and neither has time or has even heard of the others program. They both suggest I see if there is any talented person out there in our extended group of simmers that could help. I have posted on the other forums as well but thought I would try here also.

So in short what I’m looking for is a plug in for VoiceAttack similar to the existing SPAD.next plug in that would allow LINDA to be accessed by VoiceAttack just like SPAD.next is. One additional issue with this might be that LINDA uses FSUIPC to communicate with P3D.

I know it’s a long shot but my in depth ability to use VoiceAttack particularly in VR coupled with all the LINDA possibilities drives me to take a shot.

Thanks in advance

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Shouldn't be all that complicated  I presume there is an SDK for VoiceAttack.

I see the program itself is pretty cheap - I'll have a look.

3 hours ago, joepoway said:

I have been using VoiceAttack for years with P3D and all the other flight sims and I find it invaluable particularly with VR. I also have used SPAD.next with all my Saitek hardware to assign buttons and switches etc. There exists a SPAD.next plug in for VoiceAttack to be able to access complex LVars commands in SPAD.next using any of my VoiceAttack commands which can be very useful for aircraft like PMDG or my A320. Recently I upgraded all my old Saitek hardware to higher quality hardware and no longer use SPAD.next which was primarily designed for Saitek equipment.

I have now transitioned to the use of LINDA and LUA programming to assign buttons and find it to be as good if not better than SPAD.Next. However I no longer have the ability to access complex commands with VoiceAttack because there is no plugin for LINDA in VoiceAttack. I have contacted both the LINDA and VoiceAttack developers and neither has time or has even heard of the others program. They both suggest I see if there is any talented person out there in our extended group of simmers that could help. I have posted on the other forums as well but thought I would try here also.

So in short what I’m looking for is a plug in for VoiceAttack similar to the existing SPAD.next plug in that would allow LINDA to be accessed by VoiceAttack just like SPAD.next is. One additional issue with this might be that LINDA uses FSUIPC to communicate with P3D.

I know it’s a long shot but my in depth ability to use VoiceAttack particularly in VR coupled with all the LINDA possibilities drives me to take a shot.

Thanks in advance

Joe

you have probaly done this, i use linda and voiceattack , in linda i bind all comands with vjoy and use the vjoy plugin for voiceatack

have all linda assigments to vjoy even rotobrake fsuipc bind to vjoy and cominucate with vocieattak, did that for fsl a3xx , ex after start flow 

Edited by westman

2 hours ago, ddawson said:

Shouldn't be all that complicated  I presume there is an SDK for VoiceAttack.

I see the program itself is pretty cheap - I'll have a look.

Here's the link to the Spad.next plugin wiki :

https://www.spadnext.com/wiki/manual:gameplugins:voiceattack

Thanks 

Joe

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, westman said:

you have probaly done this, i use linda and voiceattack , in linda i bind all comands with vjoy and use the vjoy plugin for voiceatack

have all linda assigments to vjoy even rotobrake fsuipc bind to vjoy and cominucate with vocieattak, did that for fsl a3xx , ex after start flow 

I haven't used Vjoy. 

Do I understand that when you have installed Vjoy that LINDA sees a new virtual joystick along with all the actual hardware input devices?

If that's the case are you saying that you can then assign the virtual buttons to LVars and/or LUA functions with LINDA and then trigger those virtual buttons with VoiceAttack commands that are  coupled to those virtual buttons when you have installed the Vjoy plug in into VoiceAttack?  

Thanks in advance       Joe

53 minutes ago, westman said:

Yes, Linda and fsuipc 

I found this on the vJoy home page and it has me a bit concerned regarding jumping into using it now.

vJoy Support - with emphasis on Windows 10 1809

Support
vJoy is not supported anymore. You are free to post here with the hope that someone (perhaps even me) will try to help.

The large majority of the questions posted here were already answered - just Google.

Windows 10 - 1809
I have noticed that systems on which the above version is installed as a clean installation (as opposed to upgrading to it) are prone to vJoy installation problems. I have no idea why. It is perhaps a case of discontinuation of support for old drivers.
If you find the reason or better, a workaround - please post your data here.

have 1809 with vjoy did a uppgrade, 

did not know this , thanks 

the best would be a Linda plugin for VoiceAttack i should use it from day one.