Sign in to follow this  
biloo

which aircrafts can do RNAV Approaches

Hi Everyone,

I just did my first every attempt on rnav approach in my simulation experience and it was pretty amazing. 

I was using PMDG 777-200LR into RWY 07R of OPKC airport when in the unforeseen event the visibility had reduced on me to 700 m in the middle of afternoon daylight. Probably it was the city pollution and dust that had kicked in.

After following couple of youtube videos instruction (Captain Nav videos was very helpful) I managed to successfully land the plane.

I am planning to do more RNAV approaches but I am curious what aircrafts out there supports RNAV approaches. I have project Airbus A380 but I doubt I can do a GPS Canarsie approach into JFK especially if I am using the default GPS.

Have you guys tried successful GPS approaches using Qualitywings or even Black Box Airbus ? Is the process very similar as compared to PMDG's 777 ?

Edited by biloo

Bilal Asif Khan

The default GPS will do RNAV, you just need to pick the proc on the GPS itself.  I’ve not been successful loading it via flight plan though. 

Kent

i7 4790k @4.7Ghz 32Gb DDR3 1333 RTX 2070 GPU Win10 Pro

Will the default GPS do it? I didn't think it could generate a vertical path?

The Majestic Q400 supports RNAV approaches with vertical guidance (can't remember to what RNP), I have used it as such in to the offset approach for Nantes runway 21.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

5 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

That would be VNAV, which the default GPS can NOT do. It can fly the approach(the LNAV portion), but you need to manage the descent (the VNAV portion). 

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

1 hour ago, MDFlier said:

That would be VNAV, which the default GPS can NOT do. It can fly the approach(the LNAV portion), but you need to manage the descent (the VNAV portion). 

that hasn't been my experience, if I select an RNAV approach it will do the vnav portion. Maybe i'm wrong but I'll test it again.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

2 hours ago, ckyliu said:

The Majestic Q400 supports RNAV approaches with vertical guidance (can't remember to what RNP), I have used it as such in to the offset approach for Nantes runway 21.

Not only RNAV, the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 is one of the very few aircraft that will do an RNAV Radius to Fix approach.  If one hasn't done one of these, try Boeing Field Runway 14R RNAV Radius to Fix (RF), it's a beauty to fly!!!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

2 hours ago, FPStewy said:

that hasn't been my experience, if I select an RNAV approach it will do the vnav portion. Maybe i'm wrong but I'll test it again.

I only tried it a couple of times in P3D, but I could only get LNAV out of it. I've only been flying the NGX lately which obviously does both. 

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440