Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

How Much Could I Expect For This?

Hi Desktop Experts

How much could I reasonably expect for this system if I were to sell it?

Specifications are:

• CoolerMaster Centurion black case
  • Intel Sandybridge i5-2500k CPU 
  • EVGA GTX970 GPU
  • 8Gb OCZ HPC Reaper PC-12800 DDR3 RAM.
  • Asus P8P67 Motherboard
  • Arctic Cooling Freezer13  CPU cooler
  • Be!Quiet 650w PSU
  • Front bays have room to fit various drives such Iomega Zip ATAPI disk drive, CardReader+FDD
  • Front of Case access to 2x USB, headphone,and IEE1394(FireWire) sockets

I paid £170 for the EVGA in June 2018.

Thanks for reading and any advice offered.

Not a deal as it's fairly old, £140-240 without the graphics card which you might do better selling separately at £95ish.

eBay sold listings are always good for working out the market price https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_osacat=0&_odkw=2500k+case&LH_Complete=1&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=2500k+pc&_sacat=0

Edited by ckyliu
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

9 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Not a deal as it's fairly old, £140-240 without the graphics card which you might do better selling separately at £95ish.

eBay sold listings are always good for working out the market price https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_osacat=0&_odkw=2500k+case&LH_Complete=1&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=2500k+pc&_sacat=0

Thanks for the quick response, Chris. Yeah, a friend mentioned selling the EVGA Graphics Card on eBay separately as they seem to hold a fairly steady price. A friend wants to buy it, so maybe I'll offer him the choice of with or without the EVGA.

Appreciate you advice and that link too.

No problems Rick. The low resale value is one of the reasons I'm holding on to my 2500k, because it's actually still quite fast by modern standards with my 35% overclock, despite being over 5 years old. So I'm just gonna keep running it until it fails (hopefully not a while yet) or can no longer keep up with me.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

12 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

No problems Rick. The low resale value is one of the reasons I'm holding on to my 2500k, because it's actually still quite fast by modern standards with my 35% overclock, despite being over 5 years old. So I'm just gonna keep running it until it fails (hopefully not a while yet) or can no longer keep up with me.

I too ran P3Dv4.3 on that rig asides from the one I am currently flying the CS757-200III and replying to you. And got a rock steady 4.2GHz. You may have just given me food for thought. Thanks.