Sign in to follow this  
LH340fan

Weird flashlight in VC

After some weeks of stability it seems like i'm getting my first problem with v4.4: lighting.

So on like AS CRJ, Airbus and the TFDI i seem to have a weird very powerful white flash that lights the cockpit about once every 2 seconds. On some angles(looking @ circuit breakers) this dissapears... It's frustrating as the darkness of the VC is none and when it flashes my fps get low.... Also this only appears at night.... 

I've tried everything... From choosing different options to even reinstall reallight when there was some (not on the crj) but no success.... The lighting beam seems to come from the center of the aircraft.

When it lights up the wing and fuselage is completely LIT:

89ml.jpg

e9f0.jpg

And here is the fully lit cockpit on the darkest night possible.

Do hou have a clue about what the heck is causing this??

Goodnight, Charly

Maybe a silly question but are there any thunderstorms in the vicinity?  

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

You are either zoomed in/out too much.  Simply hit the minus or plus key to get it the way you want.  This is common for all flight simulators.  It cannot be set to fit everyone's computer screen as some have a 10 inch screen and some have a 50 inch screen.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

2 hours ago, Jim Young said:

It cannot be set to fit everyone's computer screen as some have a 10 inch screen and some have a 50 inch screen.

Yeah, same old story about men and the size of their toys!  😉

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

A couple of things that can cause flashes in the cockpit:

Strobes - either yours, or from a passing aircraft. ( just a thought, but if the light for the rotating Beacon which is usually on the bottom of the airplane  is a little too high, it would end up inside of the airplane  and maybe  cause the light to be shown inside of the aircraft .  In FSX you could edit  the file containing the lights and move it down a little bit. I assume that you can still do this in p3d)

Lightning somewhere nearby.

The airport's rotating beacon. 

GSX and scenery installed vehicle headlights. 

And there used to be an issue with ASN under FSX that caused flashing in the cockpit. I wonder if that made the conversion to P3D as well.

Good luck!

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

2 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

A couple of things that can cause flashes in the cockpit:

Strobes - either yours, or from a passing aircraft.

Lightning somewhere nearby.

The airport's rotating beacon. 

GSX and scenery installed vehicle headlights. 

And there used to be an issue with ASN under FSX that caused flashing in the cockpit. I wonder if that made the conversion to P3D as well.

Good luck!

I know some have a flash. But first it's not so bright and also it flashes when power is off. I do have AS now but even when i didn't it did flash. And I don't have alot of traffic so, don't think it's that one.

But hey, could be worse! Thanks anyway

The first image, spot view of the wing and aircraft is set at 12.02 zoom.  The VC image is set at .30 which I think enhances the effect.  But I do agree with MDFlier in that I have seen this lighting anomaly in a few aircraft where aircraft strobes will bleed through the aircraft frame.  I would go to the developer of the CRJ (Aerosoft?) and see if the problem can be fixed in future updates.  I rarely fly at night so do not see the issue but even on a rainy day with overcast I might see a flash or two during the flight.  I suppose you could turn off your strobes and wing lights to see which one is causing the effect.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

He replied while I was editing my post, Jim. He says it does it even with the aircraft powered down. Very strange.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

The first image, spot view of the wing and aircraft is set at 12.02 zoom.  The VC image is set at .30 which I think enhances the effect.  But I do agree with MDFlier in that I have seen this lighting anomaly in a few aircraft where aircraft strobes will bleed through the aircraft frame.  I would go to the developer of the CRJ (Aerosoft?) and see if the problem can be fixed in future updates.  I rarely fly at night so do not see the issue but even on a rainy day with overcast I might see a flash or two during the flight.  I suppose you could turn off your strobes and wing lights to see which one is causing the effect.

At this point It must have something to do with the sim, otherwise I wouldn't see why it pops out in pmdg,aerosoft or any other one.

34 minutes ago, simbol said:

Check if you have a bug on these airplanes because of Moon Phases.

You can disable Moon Phases temporally and see if the problem repeats.

S.

How do we do that please?😉

17 minutes ago, LH340fan said:

At this point It must have something to do with the sim, otherwise I wouldn't see why it pops out in pmdg,aerosoft or any other one.

How do we do that please?😉

P3d 4.4 enabled scaling of the ambient light based on moon phase. You can disable the moon-phase lighting in the Prepar3D.cfg: 

[Graphics]
MOON_PHASE_LIGHTING=0

Edited by simbol

2 hours ago, simbol said:

P3d 4.4 enabled scaling of the ambient light based on moon phase. You can disable the moon-phase lighting in the Prepar3D.cfg: 

[Graphics]
MOON_PHASE_LIGHTING=0

Oh, well, thanks! Will give it a go when I land my 74 at ANC in like 3 hours...

NOPE. I just can't understand. On bigger planes like the 747 the light can't be seen, but in the ngx and all others it still can. Grrr...

I installed tomatoshade to see if shaders were the issue but apparently it hasn't changed anything.

I noticed IF i back up past center of gravity it dissapears.

Hello again. I've now found the issue. UNder the controls tab a LANDING light adjustment key can be used. THIS moves the lighting beam. Now the question is, first, if there is a way to find the light beam on some script, and second, if there's any way to remove it or disable it if it's common thing on other default aircraft.

mcfm.png

oh and btw the CTRL+L key doesn't affect this light beam