Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

CaptainSim 757 Freighter released, maybe?

Releasing this at this price seems basically nuts in any case, but to release it at this price with no liveries? That’s some real chutzpah right there.

James

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

Why do flight simmers purchase overpriced expansions on Day 1?  If people would have some sort of self-control and not have a trigger reflex, maybe the prices would come down.

I think a big chunk of people purchased it during the $25 sale they had last month.

Picked up the base + RR expansion during the same sale...its a great aircraft but $50 for a freighter is unsettling. 

Danny

Totally agree. Way overpriced. Also they have fake graffiti on a load chart in the interior saying "Global Warming is a Total Fraud". I sim to escape not see some polical opinion. No way I'm supporting them.

Edited by SKEWR
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

They said the on the forums that they changed the model for release, so repainters have to adjust the repaints before releasing them on the ACE platform.

While I agree that $50 is too expensive for an expansion, PMDG and FSL charged a similar amount for their expansions and no one complained. I'll just wait till the sale next year to get the  Freighter expansion.

44 minutes ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

They said the on the forums that they changed the model for release, so repainters have to adjust the repaints before releasing them on the ACE platform.

At this price you figured CS would have at least supplied their own paints like they did with the base back. As it stands now they rely heavily on users to provide the repaints. From what I’ve seen in the 757 group it’s mainly one person doing all the repaints. I sure hope they at least offer him a free copy for doing all their work. They didn’t even offer the DHL like in all the preview shots. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

8 hours ago, Chapstick said:

So the headline on their product page is literally a straight up lie. Wow. 

I too read their advertising blurb on their website as they tried to justify the costs of the new add-on, and alluded,in a veiled dig at a certain 'word-not-allowed' developer's freighter that cannot be faulted, except CS pointed out that it has no cargo holds views in the VC.

8 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Talking to a friend who purchased it, you are correct it comes with all the different freighter models. He said the problem is there are no Freighter Repaints option under Online in the ACE program. 

Not yet, they said give it time.

8 hours ago, w6kd said:

Did he say which liveries come with the package?

Well, yes, not cheap.  But then again it's the only current mid-sized freighter available for P3Dv4, now and for the foreseeable future.  Nobody else that I know of is doing an advanced A300, A310, B767, MD-10, or MD-11 add-on for 64-bit P3D.  I like my PMDG 777 and 747 freighters, but there are a whole bunch of add-on (and real-world) airports where you just can't fit a ginormous 200-plus foot widebody freighter, so for the freight dawgs, I think this add-on is gonna be a thing.

I bought the base model during the CS $25 sale over Christmas (so if you feel really strongly about prices, you can wait until you find it on sale), and it's turned out to be surprisingly decent--actually better than I expected based on past history with their FS9 and FSX add-ons.  The CS757 III is a little bit quirky, needs a few minor FDE tweaks, but it's stable and does the basics well enough.  If you're Jonesing for a 757/767 in P3Dv4, it's kinda the only game in town. 

What I sense is different this time around is that it appears they've stuck with this one and (so far) keep fixing issues, rather than their old modus operandi of releasing an 80% complete product, promising to fix the other 20%, and then moving on without ever addressing the issues.

Regards

Fully concur with you, Bob. Same here.

The $80 price tag on the just the base aircraft has always kept away. But now its on track to cost over $200 for all the "add-ons" for what is just a middle of the park aircraft I'll definitely never be buying. Ridiculous

Just because its the only good mid-sized freighter available for P3Dv4 does not mean that this price tag is worth it. Its not even a PMDG level simulation. I had ordered their 777 when released, but never used it since I purchased the PMDG version. Really not sure about this one. I will probably wait for their next discount, whenever this will be. 

• Upvote 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

PMDG set the precedence for expansions costing more than double than previous models. Now everyone is following it.  Those that dont complain and say its not a big deal is obviously subjective when your income views 50$ as just 5-10 bucks.  Was really looking forward to flying the 75F, but thats just excessive. What is essentially the same systems as the base. They can justify the price by what they deem their work into it, but some of us have to draw the line on adding expansion models. The base model should have had most of the aircraft priced into it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

The CS 757 is on the back burner for me until the VNAV and SPD intervention modes are fixed.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Couldn't agree more with @HighTowers. PMDG set the precedent for addons costing $100+ and for $50+ expansions, and because a lot of folks just rolled over and accepted it now half the industry is at it. They also have this habit of making the least popular variant the base pack (e.g. 772LR vs 773ER) so most buy the expansion too, which is the same thing CS has done making the RR engines extra. However in CS defence their 757 III seems a lot more advanced and refined than their previous releases, they haven't just bumped the price up without a marked improvement in the product. What's their customer service and aftersales like these days, it use to be atrocious?

EDIT: As I wrote that @Christopher Low pointed out it still has issues with VNAV. Oh dear.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

27 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

The CS 757 is on the back burner for me until the VNAV and SPD intervention modes are fixed.

I have not had any issues with it. As you are a Beta Tester at Gary's excellent UK2000, last night did a flight using the CS757v3 Jet2.com livery, night flight, from LEPA(Palma) and landed at UK2000;s EGPF(Glasgow) using precisely that, VNAV(managed to get down from 37k to 3k for EGPF) and SPD interventions, otherwise I'd have had a hairy landing instead of the Vref=124kts I managed to get for a clean landing.

Edited by vc10man