Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

CaptainSim 757 Freighter released, maybe?

22 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

However in CS defence their 757 III seems a lot more advanced and refined than their previous releases, they haven't just bumped the price up without a marked improvement in the product. What's their customer service and aftersales like these days, it use to be atrocious?

Spot-on,Chris. Fully concur.

I should be able to use SPD intervention with VNAV enabled (assuming that the 757 is the same as the 737 and 747), but trying to control this during the initial climb (and descent) in my quick circuit tests seems to be impossible at the moment. Maybe it works for some users, and not for others?? :huh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I can only agree that the CS757 III is much better than its predecessor. I did a flight last night from LOWS to EGKK and it worked like a charm. I really think it has become a good add-on, IMHO the best rendition of a 757 at present. And I've just read on the CS Homepage that their new freighter comes with Trueglass rain effects which even enhances the immersion factor. I hope that this effect will also work on the passenger variants.

Chris

Christopher, I have seen another one of your other posts re: a PMDG aircraft,----and Dan replied--where again you posted a problem with that aircraft after a so-called 'quick circuit test'. IMHO, I do not think that is a conclusive proof that something like the VNAV or SPD isn't functioning as it was designed to do within the developer's envelope, because I have done more than a dozen flights with this particular aircraft, and just like the PMDG range of aircraft I have flown, never had a VNAV or SPD issue.

Remember that all repaints are done by the community, and so on for the freighter. IS it cheap? Not at all, but hey,as someone said before, it's the only one in town, and frankly BP is already pretty neat. 

11 hours ago, SKEWR said:

Totally agree. Way overpriced. Also they have fake graffiti on a load chart in the interior saying "Global Warming is a Total Fraud". I sim to escape not see some polical opinion. No way I'm supporting them.

EDIT: As the posts following me also requested: could you please post a picture of this, and detail the location it's supposed to be at?

Original post: Are you kidding me? They put that in their plane? Is it there in the basepack too? I was pining for a 75F, but this is extremely disappointing. People are entitled to their own opinions, but please don't stuff them in my face when I buy your product. Not sure I want to buy any more from a company that denies climate change.

Edited by Benjamin J
  • Like 2

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

10 hours ago, SKEWR said:

Also they have fake graffiti on a load chart in the interior saying "Global Warming is a Total Fraud"

Could you post a picture of this from your copy of the B757F?  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

9 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

Are you kidding me? They put that in their plane? Is it there in the basepack too? I was pining for a 75F, but this is extremely disappointing. People are entitled to their own opinions, but please don't stuff them in my face when I buy your product. Not sure I want to buy any more from a company that denies climate change.

Picture please.

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

44 minutes ago, IAhawkeyeDDS said:

Picture please.

Ask SKEWR, since he's the one that brought it up...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Christopher, I have seen another one of your other posts re: a PMDG aircraft,----and Dan replied--where again you posted a problem with that aircraft after a so-called 'quick circuit test'. IMHO, I do not think that is a conclusive proof that something like the VNAV or SPD isn't functioning as it was designed to do within the developer's envelope

The post you are referring to is about the "pitch" problem in the 747.....and other users of the PMDG 747 have come forward to confirm that this exists (whether doing circuit tests, or full flights). It is worth noting here that VNAV and SPD intervention in ALL of the PMDG airliners (737/747/777) work perfectly when conducting my test circuit flights.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

The post you are referring to is about the "pitch" problem in the 747.....and other users of the PMDG 747 have come forward to confirm that this exists (whether doing circuit tests, or full flights). It is worth noting here that VNAV and SPD intervention in ALL of the PMDG airliners (737/747/777) work perfectly when conducting my test circuit flights.

Fair enough, Christopher. May have misunderstood your 'pitch' issue in the 747, and take your observations re:the PMDG aircraft in your 'circuit test flights', but speaking IMHO re:the CS757v3, as I don not do 'test circuit flights', other than tutorials and then full flights, I have had no VNAV or SPD problems as I appertained previously.

Really, at the end of the day, it's each individual simmer's choice to buy or not buy a developer's product. Nobody holds a gun to anyone's choices!

I may be dumb; but why are vrefs so low? I'd expect something like that around 135ias with wind, but on my fms it tells me something like 120...

4 minutes ago, LH340fan said:

I may be dumb; but why are vrefs so low? I'd expect something like that around 135ias with wind, but on my fms it tells me something like 120...

Depends on final landing weight loading, I am not dead cert, but I have had Vrefs of around 135kts

7 hours ago, Daedalus said:

Just because its the only good mid-sized freighter available for P3Dv4 does not mean that this price tag is worth it. Its not even a PMDG level simulation. I had ordered their 777 when released, but never used it since I purchased the PMDG version. Really not sure about this one. I will probably wait for their next discount, whenever this will be. 

But then the converse may also be true...just because it's not a PMDG level simulation doesn't mean it's not worth it to some potential buyers. 

If this were a head-on contest between a PMDG B757 and the CS 757 at similar price points, then most, I think, would find the answer pretty clear.  We've already seen this sort of competition, with iFly coming in head-to-head against PMDG on the 737NG and 747-400.  Those that don't see value in very high systems and performance fidelity, or those with constrained budgets that can't afford the $135 PMDG price tag seem to tend towards the more inexpensive (but less sophisticated) iFly versions, and those that do value those things usually end up on the PMDG side of the fence.

But, that said, this isn't a head-to-head contest unless all you want is a generic tubeliner.  If what you're looking for is more specific--like a mid-sized freighter that's not too big for the ramp at most mid-sized airports, or if you're a big fan of the 757/767 with its round-dial EFIS panel of yesteryear--then PMDG offers you, well, nothing.  They're not going to branch out to make a 757...they're more interested in yet another rehash of the 737.  Comparisons with PMDG, FSLabs, or Majestic aren't all that relevant, because they're not in that space, and don't look like they ever will be.  So in absence of another alternative that both rises to PMDG's quality and answers the mail for that specific want, it becomes a decision as to how much filling that specific niche is worth to you, and whether compromising on systems and performance fidelity that aren't state-of-the-art is worth having that freighter, or that 757, or whatever it is that makes the plane attractive to you.

Like freighters, there's been a real dearth of business jets for what seems to be forever, and I dare say that if anyone ever produces a Gulfstream add-on, it'll set sales records, even if it flies like a refrigerator thrown off a cliff and sells at a price that would water President Donald Trump's eyes.  It's just the nature of that sort of pent-up demand, I think.

Regards

• Like 2

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I enjoy the airplane a great deal.  I must say though that there is something a little corky about the autothrottle/VNAV.  I was departing HAAB and the airplane was only maybe 70% loaded but I barely got of the RWY.  I notice that the VNAV goes crazy if you change a STAR or the landing RY while inflight.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home