Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

CaptainSim 757 Freighter released, maybe?

They just released an “essential” version that includes one variant (PW engines) and no virtual cargo hold...$29.99.  I’ll let you draw your own conclusions while I grab some popcorn.

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

2 hours ago, regis9 said:

They just released an “essential” version that includes one variant (PW engines) and no virtual cargo hold...$29.99.  I’ll let you draw your own conclusions while I grab some popcorn.

Interesting, especially considering that the only liveries on their site at this time are for the Rolls RB211...there isn't a single livery (not counting their house livery) available through their ACE online manager yet for the Pratt-powered freighters.  😲

Argh

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

7 hours ago, regis9 said:

That sounds more like a demo version than a $30 product...

• Upvote 3

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

8 hours ago, w6kd said:

Interesting, especially considering that the only liveries on their site at this time are for the Rolls RB211...there isn't a single livery (not counting their house livery) available through their ACE online manager yet for the Pratt-powered freighters.  😲

Argh

The problem is CS now depends on freeware painters to do all the work for them when it comes to liveries. As it stands now there are mainly two free ware painters and there both appear to be RR fans. Now to be fair one of them did say he has 3 UPS version in works but it still sucks that CS backed out of adding the basic liveries yet we still payed $50 for it. In the time they spend adding memes throughout the plane they could have slapped a coat of paint on a livery, 😂 

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

The problem is CS now depends on freeware painters to do all the work for them when it comes to liveries. As it stands now there are mainly two free ware painters and there both appear to be RR fans. Now to be fair one of them did say he has 3 UPS version in works but it still sucks that CS backed out of adding the basic liveries yet we still payed $50 for it. In the time they spend adding memes throughout the plane they could have slapped a coat of paint on a livery, 😂 

Can't disagree...just three liveries--UPS, FedEx, and DHL--covers over 75% of the existing B757 freighter fleet.  You'd think they would at least arrange to have those covered in both engine variants (covering the other engine variant only entails repainting the engines in two small files).

OTOH, the Aerosoft DC-8 developer added a freighter model with its v2.0 release around a month ago, and i doubt there are 10 repaints available for it, and those are mostly obscure South American stuff.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

So I ended up buying it.  I feel a bit dirty given the price but hey, i want to fly a 757F in P3D so there it is.

i haven’t found the climate change sign yet, but one thing I noticed was in the back of the cockpit there’s a drawing of female genitalia on the wall?

Now I’m pretty open minded, liberal and not a prude, but what on earth is that doing on an airplane??

It’s like they’re trying to portray cargo pilots as a bunch of old fashioned dudes that would be cool with that kind of thing in their workplace.  I’m sure that is not the case on any fedex aircraft.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

8 minutes ago, regis9 said:

So I ended up buying it.  I feel a bit dirty given the price but hey, i want to fly a 757F in P3D so there it is.

i haven’t found the climate change sign yet, but one thing I noticed was in the back of the cockpit there’s a drawing of female genitalia on the wall?

Now I’m pretty open minded, liberal and not a prude, but what on earth is that doing on an airplane??

It’s like they’re trying to portray cargo pilots as a bunch of old fashioned dudes that would be cool with that kind of thing in their workplace.  I’m sure that is not the case on any fedex aircraft.

Have a picture?

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | i9-9900K O/C 5.0 GHz | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR 4 - 3200MHz | Asus Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming | Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe | Kaken X62 Cpu Cooler | NZXT H510 Elite Case

17 minutes ago, Le Français said:

Have a picture?

Not sure the Mods would like that.

I just a search on youtube to have a look at the F 

Do a search of Captain Sim 757 F Freighter Cargo and I guy called "Top of decent" gives a review and shows it.

Its really is uncalled for. It's the sort of thing you find in a bad public toilet.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

33 minutes ago, regis9 said:

In the Facebook 757 Captains Group they talk about it there. I'm being told it's batman throwing confetti. I guess it depends on how you look at it. I personally would like to see it removed as it doesn't do anything for the work that went into the 757. It kinds of cheapens it with some of the memes they added. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

12 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Its really is uncalled for. It's the sort of thing you find in a bad public toilet.

Sadly rather a long way down the slope from the glamorous gals on aging warbirds to this. 

• Like 2

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Batman throwing confetti sounds like an excuse I would have used with my parents when I was a kid! 😀

Edited by regis9

Dave

59 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Hopefully you are reporting these issues on their forums.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Just looked.  Strange drawing in a frame.  I would have had a hard time identifying what it was w/o it being brought to my attention. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Ha here it is, was thinking to myself how long it takes until the Cockpit Art on the Wall will reach this forum! Was a little bit long guys! 😁
This developer has some sense of humor, or should we talk about marketing strategy (With this price there must be a marketing behind).

Apart from all this I like this 757. Great immersion factor in this one. 

Bruno

Bruno 

Can't they just put aviation memes? Or some easter egg like a smiley? Mostly like neutral stuff but to me this sense of humour is okay. But I guess if you don't wanna see it you can open up textures and paint over that, just like I did someday to add any kind of personal touch.