Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

CaptainSim 757 Freighter released, maybe?

Yep I write on my wall there „ don’t forget to bring flowers home“ 😁

• Like 1

Bruno 

There's already an alternative bitmap included that lacks the nasty graffiti...to get rid of it remove/rename the cs754_T01_T.dds file in the textures folder and rename cs754_T01_T_boring.dds (remove "_boring") to replace it.

Clearly the pink hat crowd hasn't made any impact in Ukraine...

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

44 minutes ago, w6kd said:

There's already an alternative bitmap included that lacks the nasty graffiti...to get rid of it remove/rename the cs754_T01_T.dds file in the textures folder and rename cs754_T01_T_boring.dds (remove "_boring") to replace it.

Clearly the pink hat crowd hasn't made any impact in Ukraine...

Thanks for the tip. They must have known it would cause controversy and included the boring file. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I would like to change the subject back closer to the topic by asking you guys and gals who have this plane in the hangar to ask you what your opinion of the CS757 is? Is it worth it? I've been eyeing this for some time but haven't taken the plunge.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

31 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

I would like to change the subject back closer to the topic by asking you guys and gals who have this plane in the hangar to ask you what your opinion of the CS757 is? Is it worth it? I've been eyeing this for some time but haven't taken the plunge.

Me too,

I love the 757 always have, but the feedback is so confusing. I Bought CS aircraft back in the day and.....well "never again" but..."never say never"!?

The problem is a lot says its good now and then someone comes along as ways VNAV etc does not work......and now at FSL/PMDG pricers and coming from CS it has "danger" written all over it. I also would much sooner have the F version. $50 wow the FSL A319 was that price now only $39 but CS F version the same price....come on!

But I've still not got to the point I want to risk $125 on a CS product. But would love to own a 757F.

It's frustrating, I almost need to try it but that's not possible. I only really fly PMDG NG/-8F and FSL A320/A319. Can I risk $125 to "try" a CS? really not sure.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

28 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Me too,

I love the 757 always have, but the feedback is so confusing. I Bought CS aircraft back in the day and.....well "never again" but..."never say never"!?

The problem is a lot says its good now and then someone comes along as ways VNAV etc does not work......and now at FSL/PMDG pricers and coming from CS it has "danger" written all over it. I also would much sooner have the F version. $50 wow the FSL A319 was that price now only $39 but CS F version the same price....come on!

But I've still not got to the point I want to risk $125 on a CS product. But would love to own a 757F.

It's frustrating, I almost need to try it but that's not possible. I only really fly PMDG NG/-8F and FSL A320/A319. Can I risk $125 to "try" a CS? really not sure.

Your best bet would have been to pick up the base model when it was on sale for only $25. This way if you were happy with it than it would help your decession on the freighter. They always have sales so that’s another option if you can wait. 

As far as the plane goes, yes VNAV can be hit or miss at times, especially on descent but it’s usually because I did something wrong or not paying attention. Than there are times your like “what are you doing plane”. This is were I, as the pilot, simply control my speed and descent. Does it get the job done? Sure, it does the job and fills that 757 gap. Does it have a few bugs, it sure does but I know it’s a CS thing and it’s slowly getting better. I owned the previous version of the CS757 and to me it was ok, again it got the job done as long as I knew how to handle the bugs.

Is it worth it, especially at that price. Well that’s up to the user. I’m fortunate to have an income that allows me to indulge myself in this hobby. There are others who are very careful in what they buy. P3D is not a cheap hobby once you start adding up all the addons we purchase. 

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I have removed the comments about Liberals.  Apologize for my offensive comments.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I would suggest you not compare this model to captainsim’s earlier efforts, they are like apples and oranges IMHO.  The simulation is solid and enjoyable for me.  They’ve been quite responsive to community requests, shifting the loading of fuel and payload to the FMC, adding panel states as examples.

The only issue I do run into is around VNAV.  I usually descend in FLCH as VNAV often doesn’t start descending.  Not sure if I’m doing something wrong.

Overall though it is a solid aircraft...a bit overpriced but a solid aircraft nonetheless.

• Upvote 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I was fortunate enough to pick up the CS757 during the Christmas sale...$50 including the RR expansion. Having spent countless hours in the LDS767, it was easy to "hop-in" and make a quick flight.

I've flown this A/C numerous times without issue...I use the VNAV on climb only and have not found a fault with it. (My descents are always on V/S.) I, too, had mixed feelings about another CS offering...this one is much better than the CS767 I had in FSX.

For me, at $50, this was a great purchase. Fun to fly, with no bugs (yet).

I bought the base model during the Christmas sale for $25, with an eye on the soon-to-be-released freighter, which is where the big hole was in my fleet.  If the base model had turned out badly, well, it was worth a $25 risk to try.  Turned out they've come a long ways since my last go with them, which I think was the FSX B707, where I had to spend a lot of time on modding the FDE, rewriting the xml code in the EPR and altimeter gauges, reworking parts of the fuel panel etc.  This one is stable (from a perspective of software stability) and flies fairly close to the numbers.  It still needs a little work, like dialing back the excessive speed brake and flap drag, seems a bit sluggish at computed approach speeds, and a few have reported VNAV issues which I can't speak to since I fly the old fashioned way with FLCH, VSpeed, and a continuously-running 3:1 rule calculator running in my head to manage descents.

So, with the base model panning out as a mostly pleasant surprise, I jumped on the freighter when it released, which is what I really wanted in the first place. 

So I have a total of $75 in this airplane.  Would I buy it now at full price--$125 for the base+freighter?  Well...probably not.  I'd still wait until a sale.  Based on the last sale, I'd say $50 is not unreasonable for the base + freighter combo.

Regards

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

About people complaining about vnav issues:

It is true that it's sometimes a bit sketchy, as it wants to lose speed,so it reduces v/s.That's a common thing. I presume thay they wanted to recreate the kind of "gliding" the 757 has as it can pick up a lot of speed quickly on descent, but it kinda missed the tick. 

imo it just was worth it during wintre sale. 80 bucks is way too much. Wonder why did all of those companies follow pmdg trend.that's All i'm saying...

The problem I have with VNAV is the way it does not let me use SPD intervention without VNAV being disabled. I can use both at the same time in the PMDG airliners, and that's the way that I like to fly.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, w6kd said:

Would I buy it now at full price--$125 for the base+freighter?

I bought the CS757 base for $75.70, the RR expansion for $29.99, and now the Freighter for $49.99.  I did so because I was positive there would be no sales on for this aircraft for possibly several years.  When I got the base, I posted here that this was one of the best aircraft products released, especially because of the SimOps where you have everything at your tips, easy access to their forums (before you had to sign in using your order number) and it appeared they were truly interested in making this their best aircraft product.  It was like they turned a new leaf.  The base package is a joy to fly and I think the 757 is a beautiful aircraft.  I could easily live without the RR expansion and the Freighter but got them mainly to see what others were seeing if and when they had issues.  I like the fact the base has the cabin inside and the freighter is neat in that it is empty when you load the aircraft and until you configure it for cargo.  Then cargo appears.  I am positive new liveries are right around the corner as there seem to be tons of liveries for the base package and the various configurations.  I do not recall they were immediately available when the product first released.  There are a lot of talented people who do repaints but I would suspect many are sitting on the sidelines as they cannot afford the $75.70 and $49.99 to make repaints.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks guys I will make a point of buying the 75 next time they have a sale. You have convinced me.

Thanks for the great feedback.

I like to use Speed inv with VNAV but if I know that’s not possible I can work round it. But good to know.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

The UPS variant is out -

2019-1-28_15-42-4-755.thumb.jpg.ccc5a54497dc1c1d227fac196604bd82.jpg

• Like 1

Submit News to AVSIM