Wise87

CaptainSim 757 Freighter released, maybe?

Batman throwing confetti sounds like an excuse I would have used with my parents when I was a kid! 😀

Edited by regis9

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

59 minutes ago, regis9 said:

So I ended up buying it.  I feel a bit dirty given the price but hey, i want to fly a 757F in P3D so there it is.

i haven’t found the climate change sign yet, but one thing I noticed was in the back of the cockpit there’s a drawing of female genitalia on the wall?

Now I’m pretty open minded, liberal and not a prude, but what on earth is that doing on an airplane??

It’s like they’re trying to portray cargo pilots as a bunch of old fashioned dudes that would be cool with that kind of thing in their workplace.  I’m sure that is not the case on any fedex aircraft.

Hopefully you are reporting these issues on their forums.

Just looked.  Strange drawing in a frame.  I would have had a hard time identifying what it was w/o it being brought to my attention. 

Ha here it is, was thinking to myself how long it takes until the Cockpit Art on the Wall will reach this forum! Was a little bit long guys! 😁
This developer has some sense of humor, or should we talk about marketing strategy (With this price there must be a marketing behind).

Apart from all this I like this 757. Great immersion factor in this one. 

Bruno

Can't they just put aviation memes? Or some easter egg like a smiley? Mostly like neutral stuff but to me this sense of humour is okay. But I guess if you don't wanna see it you can open up textures and paint over that, just like I did someday to add any kind of personal touch.

Yep I write on my wall there „ don’t forget to bring flowers home“ 😁

• Like 1

There's already an alternative bitmap included that lacks the nasty graffiti...to get rid of it remove/rename the cs754_T01_T.dds file in the textures folder and rename cs754_T01_T_boring.dds (remove "_boring") to replace it.

Clearly the pink hat crowd hasn't made any impact in Ukraine...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, w6kd said:

There's already an alternative bitmap included that lacks the nasty graffiti...to get rid of it remove/rename the cs754_T01_T.dds file in the textures folder and rename cs754_T01_T_boring.dds (remove "_boring") to replace it.

Clearly the pink hat crowd hasn't made any impact in Ukraine...

Thanks for the tip. They must have known it would cause controversy and included the boring file. 

I would like to change the subject back closer to the topic by asking you guys and gals who have this plane in the hangar to ask you what your opinion of the CS757 is? Is it worth it? I've been eyeing this for some time but haven't taken the plunge.

31 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

I would like to change the subject back closer to the topic by asking you guys and gals who have this plane in the hangar to ask you what your opinion of the CS757 is? Is it worth it? I've been eyeing this for some time but haven't taken the plunge.

Me too,

I love the 757 always have, but the feedback is so confusing. I Bought CS aircraft back in the day and.....well "never again" but..."never say never"!?

The problem is a lot says its good now and then someone comes along as ways VNAV etc does not work......and now at FSL/PMDG pricers and coming from CS it has "danger" written all over it. I also would much sooner have the F version. $50 wow the FSL A319 was that price now only $39 but CS F version the same price....come on!

But I've still not got to the point I want to risk $125 on a CS product. But would love to own a 757F.

It's frustrating, I almost need to try it but that's not possible. I only really fly PMDG NG/-8F and FSL A320/A319. Can I risk $125 to "try" a CS? really not sure.

Edited by Nyxx

28 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Me too,

I love the 757 always have, but the feedback is so confusing. I Bought CS aircraft back in the day and.....well "never again" but..."never say never"!?

The problem is a lot says its good now and then someone comes along as ways VNAV etc does not work......and now at FSL/PMDG pricers and coming from CS it has "danger" written all over it. I also would much sooner have the F version. $50 wow the FSL A319 was that price now only $39 but CS F version the same price....come on!

But I've still not got to the point I want to risk $125 on a CS product. But would love to own a 757F.

It's frustrating, I almost need to try it but that's not possible. I only really fly PMDG NG/-8F and FSL A320/A319. Can I risk $125 to "try" a CS? really not sure.

Your best bet would have been to pick up the base model when it was on sale for only $25. This way if you were happy with it than it would help your decession on the freighter. They always have sales so that’s another option if you can wait. 

As far as the plane goes, yes VNAV can be hit or miss at times, especially on descent but it’s usually because I did something wrong or not paying attention. Than there are times your like “what are you doing plane”. This is were I, as the pilot, simply control my speed and descent. Does it get the job done? Sure, it does the job and fills that 757 gap. Does it have a few bugs, it sure does but I know it’s a CS thing and it’s slowly getting better. I owned the previous version of the CS757 and to me it was ok, again it got the job done as long as I knew how to handle the bugs.

Is it worth it, especially at that price. Well that’s up to the user. I’m fortunate to have an income that allows me to indulge myself in this hobby. There are others who are very careful in what they buy. P3D is not a cheap hobby once you start adding up all the addons we purchase. 

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 1

I have removed the comments about Liberals.  Apologize for my offensive comments.

I would suggest you not compare this model to captainsim’s earlier efforts, they are like apples and oranges IMHO.  The simulation is solid and enjoyable for me.  They’ve been quite responsive to community requests, shifting the loading of fuel and payload to the FMC, adding panel states as examples.

The only issue I do run into is around VNAV.  I usually descend in FLCH as VNAV often doesn’t start descending.  Not sure if I’m doing something wrong.

Overall though it is a solid aircraft...a bit overpriced but a solid aircraft nonetheless.

• Upvote 2

I was fortunate enough to pick up the CS757 during the Christmas sale...$50 including the RR expansion. Having spent countless hours in the LDS767, it was easy to "hop-in" and make a quick flight.

I've flown this A/C numerous times without issue...I use the VNAV on climb only and have not found a fault with it. (My descents are always on V/S.) I, too, had mixed feelings about another CS offering...this one is much better than the CS767 I had in FSX.

For me, at $50, this was a great purchase. Fun to fly, with no bugs (yet).

I bought the base model during the Christmas sale for $25, with an eye on the soon-to-be-released freighter, which is where the big hole was in my fleet.  If the base model had turned out badly, well, it was worth a $25 risk to try.  Turned out they've come a long ways since my last go with them, which I think was the FSX B707, where I had to spend a lot of time on modding the FDE, rewriting the xml code in the EPR and altimeter gauges, reworking parts of the fuel panel etc.  This one is stable (from a perspective of software stability) and flies fairly close to the numbers.  It still needs a little work, like dialing back the excessive speed brake and flap drag, seems a bit sluggish at computed approach speeds, and a few have reported VNAV issues which I can't speak to since I fly the old fashioned way with FLCH, VSpeed, and a continuously-running 3:1 rule calculator running in my head to manage descents.

So, with the base model panning out as a mostly pleasant surprise, I jumped on the freighter when it released, which is what I really wanted in the first place. 

So I have a total of $75 in this airplane.  Would I buy it now at full price--$125 for the base+freighter?  Well...probably not.  I'd still wait until a sale.  Based on the last sale, I'd say $50 is not unreasonable for the base + freighter combo.

Regards

• Like 1

About people complaining about vnav issues:

It is true that it's sometimes a bit sketchy, as it wants to lose speed,so it reduces v/s.That's a common thing. I presume thay they wanted to recreate the kind of "gliding" the 757 has as it can pick up a lot of speed quickly on descent, but it kinda missed the tick. 

imo it just was worth it during wintre sale. 80 bucks is way too much. Wonder why did all of those companies follow pmdg trend.that's All i'm saying...

The problem I have with VNAV is the way it does not let me use SPD intervention without VNAV being disabled. I can use both at the same time in the PMDG airliners, and that's the way that I like to fly.

2 hours ago, w6kd said:

Would I buy it now at full price--$125 for the base+freighter?

I bought the CS757 base for $75.70, the RR expansion for $29.99, and now the Freighter for $49.99.  I did so because I was positive there would be no sales on for this aircraft for possibly several years.  When I got the base, I posted here that this was one of the best aircraft products released, especially because of the SimOps where you have everything at your tips, easy access to their forums (before you had to sign in using your order number) and it appeared they were truly interested in making this their best aircraft product.  It was like they turned a new leaf.  The base package is a joy to fly and I think the 757 is a beautiful aircraft.  I could easily live without the RR expansion and the Freighter but got them mainly to see what others were seeing if and when they had issues.  I like the fact the base has the cabin inside and the freighter is neat in that it is empty when you load the aircraft and until you configure it for cargo.  Then cargo appears.  I am positive new liveries are right around the corner as there seem to be tons of liveries for the base package and the various configurations.  I do not recall they were immediately available when the product first released.  There are a lot of talented people who do repaints but I would suspect many are sitting on the sidelines as they cannot afford the $75.70 and $49.99 to make repaints.

Thanks guys I will make a point of buying the 75 next time they have a sale. You have convinced me.

Thanks for the great feedback.

I like to use Speed inv with VNAV but if I know that’s not possible I can work round it. But good to know.

Edited by Nyxx

The UPS variant is out -

2019-1-28_15-42-4-755.thumb.jpg.ccc5a54497dc1c1d227fac196604bd82.jpg

• Like 1

Version 1.302 just released, with TrueGlass for the base models, and a bunch of other minor additions/fixes, including a removable yoke (click on the column at the base).