Sign in to follow this  
Dand76

Quality wings 787 TOD

Hello 

I recently bought the quality wings 787 for p3d v4.4 I do everything I’m supposed to and enter in the flight plan. During the flight no TOD shows up of the ND and I have to decent  manually any fixes to the TOD show up ?

It's been bugged for months. Delete the altitude restrictions from any stars and it should place the tod in the proper spot.

Really disappointed that this still hasn’t been fixed. This plane has a lot of promise but this is really an embarassingly bad bug, and it’s now been outstanding for a very long time.

James

On 1/22/2019 at 7:48 PM, Dand76 said:

Hello 

I recently bought the quality wings 787 for p3d v4.4 I do everything I’m supposed to and enter in the flight plan. During the flight no TOD shows up of the ND and I have to decent  manually any fixes to the TOD show up ?

If you are still having the issue make sure have the STAR in the fmc because it works for me.

I also have no issues with a TOD.  Make sure there is a HARD altitude at the end of the STAR.  With no HARD altitude there will be no TOD.  This is how it works.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, scottsware said:

I also have no issues with a TOD.  Make sure there is a HARD altitude at the end of the STAR.  With no HARD altitude there will be no TOD.  This is how it works.

Sounds like it “works” really poorly.

• Like 1

I have been flying this plane a lot lately and so far it has been calculating the tod for me. But I have seen in some STARS with many altitude restrictions it not correctly calculate it. The devs have acknowledged that this issue can occur.

Overall with the most recent patch it's not horrible (stability is great now, no more fmc crashes for me) but there are some issues here and there (vnav descent has some autothrottle issues).

Hopefully the new patch will come out soon. It's in beta testing. 

I was shocked (shocked I say!) when I saw there was a problem with the TOD.  I have never had a problem with the TOD so it is hard for me to imagine there is a problem.  I would think the FMC has to be properly programmed and the legs page has to be check for any continuity issue because, if there's a vector in the FMC or a leg that not in continuity, the aircraft has absolutely no idea where to begin the descent or it will provide a bad "guess".  I think the pilot in command needs to understand the STARS and the altitude where you have to be at a certain point.  The FMC will show this leg and you need to verify it is correct.  If not, you can change the altitude in the FMC.  One does not want to fly into a mountain or a skyscraper so they need to verify the altitude and the restrictions associated with each altitude.  It is important that one use the Electronic Flight Bag as I have found that weights and other things can affect the performance (see page 38 in the manual for details on how to use the EFB).

Over the years of flight simming, I have found it odd when some have absolutely no issues with an aircraft and many others do.  It is not just the QW787 but also the CS757 and other heavies that undergo rigorous testing.  In any case, I hope the "bug" you all found above is fixed for you soon!

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Just purchased this a few days ago. First flight went good. 2nd flight today I was seeing the TOD in the VNAV page being exactly the same as the remaining distance of the flight. Quick check in their forum I found that if you have way point that have a block altitudes ( the block altitudes (xxxxxAxxxxxB) of the STAR.) it causes this. Changed them into just 1 altitude restriction (example 270/11000A) and it fixed it. I am thinking since they know what causes it they might be able to fix it. I am also unaware whether this has been happening a long time . Like I said I just got it a few days ago.

Richie Walsh

Had it happen again on my 3rd flight. This time no block altitudes.

Richie Walsh

1 hour ago, Irishcurse said:

Had it happen again on my 3rd flight. This time no block altitudes.

My suggestion... keep an eye on when the 30-day refund option expires. I regret not getting a refund for the 787 when it first came out. It's still chock full of bugs and poor design decisions ("Let's use 18 FPS displays and god awful fonts!"). If the next patch doesn't come out before then or it doesn't fix major issues, get the refund. 

• Upvote 1