Sign in to follow this  
farhad10

[P3D v4.4] Blurry Cloud Textures

Hi there,

So I've installed PTA and now my clouds have this weird Pixelated/Oily look to them.

I've restored Shaders and it fixes it until I load another PTA preset in again.

I've tried to delete my Shaders file located in %appdata%, my ShadersHLSL and repaired the P3D client to rebuild ShadersHLSL and also deleted by P3D cfg, however still no luck. It even got to a point where I decided to do a complete reinstall of P3D v4 but no luck. 

Anyone able to help? It'll be much appreciated 🙂

Also for the reference, look carefully at the clouds...

https://imgur.com/bwEpsw1

Originally, when I first installed PTA it was working fine as seen here

Edited by farhad10

I am not sure that I got this right: you write that disabling the PTA preset fixes it? Yet you write that you tried restoring ShadersHLSL etc. but the issue persists?

You are aware that when you first install a PTA preset, PTA makes a backup of your original shaders that can be brought back easily by one click inside PTA?

Why not trying different PTA presets? Or simply deactivating all cloud related shader modifications in the PTA preset you want to use?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

45 minutes ago, AnkH said:

I am not sure that I got this right: you write that disabling the PTA preset fixes it? Yet you write that you tried restoring ShadersHLSL etc. but the issue persists?

You are aware that when you first install a PTA preset, PTA makes a backup of your original shaders that can be brought back easily by one click inside PTA?

Why not trying different PTA presets? Or simply deactivating all cloud related shader modifications in the PTA preset you want to use?

Sorry for the confusion. What I mean is that I've restored my shaders and it fixes the problem. However, if I decide to re-enable any preset, the problem begins to persist again. I've disabled all the cloud tweaks and still no luck. All my graphics drivers are up to date and I hadn't encountered this until I updated to P3D v4.4 

Ok, not using a PTA preset -> clouds are OK. Activating a preset -> clouds are bad? Pretty sure then it is preset related. Is it your own preset? Did you use the one from AdamNZ from NZFSIM for example? I do not have any issue with this one...

Do you use modified cloud textures? Could it be an incompatibility with those?

In any case, you might be better off if you again post your issue over at the PTA forums here on avsim.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

From reading the original post it's seems the OP has tried a variety of PTA presets and also tried disabling all the PTA cloud tweaks and still gets blurry clouds when not using the default shaders.

This is why I steer clear of heavy tweaking, often seems to cause more problems than it solves. I'll tolerate the default shading.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg