Sign in to follow this  
shantm11

HELP FPS

Hi Everyone.

I have a problem with my sim.I get 40 to 30 fps with stutters. My fps doesn't change i can lower it all to the minimum and it won't go up.Also, I have a high-end system.Ryzen 7 2700x 24gb ddr4 Ram Rtx 2070 8GB Card.I need help with the stutters 

Easy explanation: if you can change settings, especially those related to graphics, and you do not see any FPS increase, this means you are in a CPU limit. Means: your CPU is not capable of providing more FPS than you have now, irrespective of the graphic settings.

Try once with a FPS limit inside P3D of about 30FPS and see if this helps with the stutters. As a start, try 30FPS, VSYNC on but Triple Buffering off inside P3D. If this does not help, we can start thinking about adding an Affinity Mask to your prepar3d.cfg. Are you aware about tweaking prepar3d.cfg? Or is this something completely new to you?

I am pretty sure that with some effort, you will be able to have a very smooth experience of P3D on your rig, it simply takes some time to configure P3D correctly.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

If you use NI, try deleting any P3D profiles that you may have created. If that doesn't help, try using DDU to remove your nVidia drivers and then re-installing them using the "clean install" option.

The last time I had a situation exactly like you described, it was an NI profile created under an older nVidia driver causing the problem. Fortunately, the stutters showed up right after I upgraded my video driver, so I knew P3D wasn't the issue. I deleted the NI P3D profile and P3D ran fine after that. I've found that I do not need to do anything in NI for P3D, so I no longer use it.

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Ok Thanks Ive done every single tweak on the cfg also nvidia inspector and it didnt change. I will get back to you asap after i try these tweaks I also have hyperthreading disabled 

Edited by shantm11

My first recommendation would be to stop thinking in terms of FPS with P3D. High FPS with stuttering is useless. Look for the LOWEST FPS setting you can that will stay smooth. Each system is different - on mine I run locked at 20fps with most sliders at or near max. I occasionally get a stutter but nothing really noticeable.

No one can really give you "settings" that will work on your system - it's your eyes and you will see what you like. Just take it slow and think in terms of lowering your FPS and being smooth not raising it and being stuttery.

Look for things that have a big effect on the CPU like shadows, high texture resolutions, high AA, etc.  You need to get the right balance for your system - trial and error is the best way to go.

Vic

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

55 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

My first recommendation would be to stop thinking in terms of FPS with P3D. High FPS with stuttering is useless. Look for the LOWEST FPS setting you can that will stay smooth.

On Point!

Thanks Vic!

Edited by rafikihd

SIM: P3DV5.3 CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.0GHz GPU: GTX1060 6GB  OS: Windows 10 64Bits RAM: XPG DDR3 1600 16GB (2x 8GB) Display: Samsung LC27JG50QQLXZX 27´

Ive tried but i cant get it to work can you recomend me settings MY specs Ryzen 7 2700x 3.7ghz 24 GB ram Rtx 2070

22 minutes ago, shantm11 said:

Ive tried but i cant get it to work can you recomend me settings MY specs Ryzen 7 2700x 3.7ghz 24 GB ram Rtx 2070

I'm not that familiar with Ryzen cpu's, but I can recommend some things I do for testing Intel rigs:

in-sim framelock at 30, vsync on.  Delete/remove NI.  Disable/remove Process Lasso if you use it.  Remove any AffinityMask tweak if you use it.  Ensure shaders are ok, and vidcard driver is ok.   Autogen Buildings Sparse, Autogen Veg Normal.  Autogen radius to a low level.  Both Special Effects sliders OFF/zero. All AI sliders to zero.   Set AA in-sim to 4xMSAA.  Dynamic lighting off.  Everything else -- be reasonable. The idea is to set low settings, then gradually work your way up.

Now use Task Manager or similar to monitor P3D's main thread.  You want to establish low settings where Core0 is NOT being maxxed out at 100%.  Only then will you not have sim-induced stutters, at least on an Intel cpu.  Then you start gradually moving settings/sliders up, until you max out P3D's primary thread.  At that point you will know your cpu/settings limits at a given location.  

I'm really curious about your Ryzen cpu in P3D though.  Please let me know what results you get doing the above as a test, to at least see if you get a baseline of *smoothness* going.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

im getting around 35 fps with small microstutters thanks but i have a problem when i try to limit to 30 i get 25 to 24 fps cpu utilization around 35 to 50%

Edited by shantm11

1 hour ago, shantm11 said:

im getting around 35 fps with small microstutters thanks but i have a problem when i try to limit to 30 i get 25 to 24 fps cpu utilization around 35 to 50%

Make sure you're measuring cpu utilization on ONLY the main thread (Core0).  That cpu utilization sounds like you're measuring all cores together.  Then again it could be something specific to the Ryzen doing that, that I do not know about.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

3.7ghz is really stretching it. Not to discourage you though, it IS doable. If you can possiblly get that cpu to 4ghz it will make a huge difference. LM has offloaded several processes to the GPU which helps but autogen LOD Radius etc stress the cpu.

Once you get in the ballpark area - fly with it for a week or so and see how much you notice stutters etc. Then make small changes and repeat. You'll have to sneak up on it but cut out all the eye candy until you get a stable smooth fps.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors