Sign in to follow this  
shantm11

HELP FPS

ok thanks if i over clock to 4.2 ghz with a h100i v2 cooler will that work also its boost clock to 4.2 ghz

Edited by shantm11

5 hours ago, shantm11 said:

how do you check with task manager

right click on the taskbar and select "Task Manager", then go to the Performance tab.  Make sure you select "CPU", by clicking on "cpu" on the left side of the dialog.  Alternatively, Windows key+R, then enter taskmgr in the blank and press enter. 

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

13 hours ago, shantm11 said:

ok thanks if i over clock to 4.2 ghz with a h100i v2 cooler will that work also its boost clock to 4.2 ghz

That would be good and a big help.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

1 minute ago, Chapstick said:

For the ultimate P3D experience, run your sim at 5 FPS locked. 

Quit trollololing the guy man.  Come on.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

6 minutes ago, shantm11 said:

lmaoo well i think you got the wrong forum thats for fsx 

:biggrin: Nicely done - now let's all stay on topic.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

8 hours ago, shantm11 said:

Also i get like really small microstutters any fix for that

I might have a suggestion. I have been experimenting lately why I had stutters when moving cameras or rotating with Chase Plane. Its nothing with my settings generally except for one. I can get between 40-60fps but the stutter is always there. I at last tried running through every setting and it seems the HD terrain textures seem to produce stutters when enabled. I would try turning off the "Use high-resolution terrain textures" option in the World settings and see if that helps. That Improved my stutters with Chase Plane for me. Let me know your findings!

Reynaldo Rodriguez

Philadelphia, PA

VATSIM | ZNY S3

signature-dark.png

JBU427.png

Just to through in my two cents worth.

I have a similar system (Ryzen 7 1700x 32gb ddr4 Ram GTXti 1070 8GB Card) and have an amazingly smooth fps experience.

The secret to having a highly detailed and smooth experience, is having a monitor that can sync it's refresh rate to a frame rate that your rig can maintain.

For example I run a Dell MultiSync MHL IPS monitor (U2417H - can sync down to 23 Hz), The MHL part is important here because it includes support for lower refresh rates and you can easily create a custom refresh rate of 30 Hz or whatever you want between it's min and max.

Now with my rig at the default monitor refresh rate of 60 Hz, I cannot max out my settings or use vsync because the GPU will drive to 100% and will result in a stuttering mess of long and short frame drops as the GPU is being overworked trying to maintain high settings while also trying to reach a fps of 60 for vsync.

Means I would need to drop settings way down so that the GPU doesn't MAX out, however I still cannot use vsync in P3D sucessfully because the default monitor refresh rate is 60 Hz and there's just no way my rig can maintain over 60 FPS for vsync to have an effect.

But with the monitor fresh rate set to 30 Hz and Vsync on in P3D, the GPU only has to work half as hard to maintain 30 fps and with a matching monitor refresh rate of 30 Hz, it means not only do I have a butter smooth vsync'd fps experience, but there is now GPU free overhead to enable ramping up the P3D settings for a better looking sim (I run a lot of addins).

So the end result is I can max out a lot of settings and still maintain a very, very smooth flying experience.

A few key things to remember re: tuning for MAX GPU usage while minimising stutter.

• The use of a multi-sync monitor, most TVs these days should be fine as multisync displays given many movies etc. are produced @ 24 fps.
  • P3D frame rate set to unlimited with vsync on @ 30 Hz monitor refresh rate should result in a maintainable goal of 30 fps (of course 60 fps would be more ideal and you might be able to achive with just photoreal scenery).
  • Vegetation shadows look good but when there are a lot of trees and at dusk/dawn they will max the GPU and absolutely kill a frame rate.
  • 4xSSAA is a good compromise for a better looking sim.
  • A big decider on the sort of frame rate a machine can produce is the Scenery Object/Autogen and Scenery draw distance, I use low/medium but I run with the rest of the Scenery Object sliders to the max.
  • Use the P3D option to save config profiles for different perfomance levels, e.g. I have a tuned High Detail, a tuned Low Detail and a Dusk/Dawn profile, having these settings as selectable profiles make it easy to change if there is a need to drop down settings to a known level while in flight.
  • I use HWMonitor to tune GPU use, but there are others out there. https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
  • When tuning you want ot max the GPU as much as you can ideally without going to 100% e.g. if you can tune so that GPU use is maxing @ 97% things should be fine.

And this is typically what I end up with.

• Upvote 2

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

Hi Rogen,

Stunning video! Enjoyed it immensely. I note you are using TomatoShade shaders. Is this preset available for download? I would like to try it.

Regards,

Mike