Sign in to follow this  
bjratchf

Falcon 50 landing/taxi lights

I think the landing light is a bmp "splash" - but I could be wrong. In any case- it doesn't seem to illuminate anything, but rather white-blind-out what is in front of the aircraft.  The effect is that it doesn't allow me to view taxi or turnoff lines. I'm wondering if it could be my shader set, or is this something other people have experienced?

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

I feel the same, the landing light (as well as the taxi light in my point of view) are too bright and they indeed seem to be just a bmp.

The effect for me is that I can hardly see anything below that light in P3Dv4 (regardless of which shader I use, even with default shader and HDR off!). I find it close to impossible to see a centerline at night if it is not lit. Which unfortunately is the case in many airports the Falcon can be flown into.

I'd love to get some proper dynamic lights for the P3Dv4 model, at least for the taxi and landinglight.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Hi Folks,

Yeah - concur - better lighting is needed - I've never liked the daylight bloom (brought it up several times) - I bought the "Immersion" package for the Lear specifically to remove the big daylight balloons... The lights don't effectively illuminate the runway in the dark - I avoid night flights altogether because of this...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

We had another formula that worked better but found out in fog it shows the outer box. So we got list latest formula and now it works in all conditions. And yes i can see the lines. But we found it was not that good. So we updated the Lear and the lines now show better. So we plan to do the same for the Falcon soon. There are no other options unless you want the default?

Does anyone have an example of an aircraft in P3Dv4.4 in which the landing lights work well, including in a low visibility (fog) condition? If so, what aircraft?  And please take some screen shots and post here. This might help in finding a better solution, if one exists, for the Falcon 50.

Thx,

Al

• Upvote 1

I know that DL for P3D4 is not feasible at the moment due to a bug from LM. What I would give for a DL taxi/landing light!

Santiago de Larminat

Looks much better than the default. I can't even see the white lines. Anyways i think your suppose to follow the green night lights on the ground. I could lower a bit if you think we should. I think this was the best setting. Because lower makes the landing light like the taxi and the taxi like the default.

Image may contain: night

Edited by Flysimware

I rarely fly at night but when I do the airports with taxiway lighting are not my issue. It's the airports, smaller ones, that do not have lighting. Then we must follow the stripes.

Yeah I personally find the lighting a bit too bright. I landed in PHX the other night and could not see the runway other than the edge lighting as everything was just washed out white. I don't know if its possible to do dynamic lighting that is present in the large airliners in P3Dv4, because that would be the most ideal, IMO.

On 1/26/2019 at 7:14 AM, Pineapple_Wizard said:

Yeah I personally find the lighting a bit too bright. I landed in PHX the other night and could not see the runway other than the edge lighting as everything was just washed out white. I don't know if its possible to do dynamic lighting that is present in the large airliners in P3Dv4, because that would be the most ideal, IMO.

P3D V4 dynamic lighting has a bug where the light leaks into the VC if the light is behind the VC. So most developers use dynamic lighting for planes that have landing lights on the wings or nose wheel. 

Edited by Flysimware

I've resorted to using FSLabs' Spotlights to create a good landing light for the addons where I struggle seeing anything. While it is inconvenient, since i can't hotkey it, it's way better than most addon versions.

That said, I'd love to see some other light options for the Falcon50 (and the Lear35). Right now, I can't even see the line in front of me, and many airports I fly to do not have green lights on the taxiways at the general aviation parks. 

I'm well aware that this might be directly related to the shaders I use, but even so, I don't see the same kind of issues with the bigger aircraft, nor with for instance the A2A Bonanza.

On 1/28/2019 at 12:00 AM, Flysimware said:

P3D V4 dynamic lighting has a bug where the light leaks into the VC if the light is behind the VC. So most developers use dynamic lighting for planes that have landing lights on the wings or nose wheel. 

There must be a way around this though, PMDG used dynamic lights in all their P3Dv4 models and all Boeing planes have the lights located far behind the flightdeck at the wing root and yet the cockpit is not lit up.

Aerosoft and FlightSImLabs also use dynamic lights for the landing lights in their Airbusses and the bug does not appear in theirs, too.

Could you please please please look into this and see if you can find a solution?

Edited by Emi

On 2/1/2019 at 2:39 AM, Emi said:

There must be a way around this though, PMDG used dynamic lights in all their P3Dv4 models and all Boeing planes have the lights located far behind the flightdeck at the wing root and yet the cockpit is not lit up.

Aerosoft and FlightSImLabs also use dynamic lights for the landing lights in their Airbusses and the bug does not appear in theirs, too.

Could you please please please look into this and see if you can find a solution?

Yes they have a DLL i don't have that tells the light to move forward when in the vc view and back to the original location when in other views. Kind of cheating since its a P3D V4 bug as V1-V3 do not have this issue.

Edited by Flysimware

And I guess it is not possible to simply place the dynamic lights in the VC model at a different position than in the outside model?

Any solutions? The current landing lights completely obliterate ground markings... rather than illuminating them. 

• Like 1

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity