Sign in to follow this  
Jim Harnes

Traffic Source

Does anyone know which traffic source Inside Systems uses for Real Traffic?  I've asked that developer but received no response. to the question.

I'm trying to understand why I'm seeing no ground/takeoff traffic or landing traffic at any airport in P3D v4.  For example, at KHOU flight aware shows much ADS-B traffic but I never see ground/takeoff traffic or landing traffic when running PSXseeconTraffic.  The AI aircraft disappear from the Real Traffic list at about 1 nm from the field.  There is the expected amount of AI aircraft in the air enroute to destinations.

I've used PSXseeconTraffic from the beginning and have never solved this.  All the right options are selected and Real Traffic and PSXseeconTraffic are allowed through the Windows 10 firewall.

Best,

Jim Harnes

1 hour ago, Jim Harnes said:

I'm trying to understand why I'm seeing no ground/takeoff traffic or landing traffic at any airport in P3D v4. 

at any ? Try EHAM or EGLL to check your settings, there is definately ground traffic over there ...

Edited by kiek

I have a similar problem at KDAL which is the third busiest airport in Texas next to KDFW and KIAH.  I think that KDAL is filtered out so no traffic shows.  I will track an aircraft inbound to KDAL and about a mile from touchdown it disappears.  I see similar issues with departures, they do not show until about a mile after departure.  

Grace and Peace, 

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Sorry, I failed to say "I never see ground/takeoff traffic or landing traffic when running PSXseeconTraffic at the airports I use".

So I positioned at EGLL and did see traffic depart and arrive.  However, the departing traffic was inserted on the runway and the arriving traffic disappeared after the landing roll out.  Otherwise, I did not see any ground movement at EGLL.

What, if anything, can I do to determine the source of this what is causing this?  Is it my setup or the ADS-B feed?

Best,

Jim Harnes

14 hours ago, Jim Harnes said:

So I positioned at EGLL and did see traffic depart and arrive.  However, the departing traffic was inserted on the runway and the arriving traffic disappeared after the landing roll out.  Otherwise, I did not see any ground movement at EGLL.

You probably have not looked long enough or more closely. It may happen indeed that (some) aircraft disappear when rolling out due to ADS-B problems but quite often they re-appear 1 minute or so later. And you can clearly see a line of aircraft waiting for departure (see the screenshot at the footer of my web page), slowly rolling forward. You should also see aicraft pushing back from gates. If you check long enough you will see that PSXT updates your parking position files with real data, that can only happen if and when there are real live aircraft at the gates...So there really is ground traffic...

For other airports: there is nothing you can do with your settings, it all depends on the quality of the trafic stream coming from RealTraffic and the aiport procedures with respect to the use of the transponder when on the ground.

Edited by kiek