Sign in to follow this  
Gandalf

Alan Constable 3D sounds

Hi All

Been trying to buy the 3D sounds package for UTL from SimMarket but it seems to have disappeared 🙁

Anyone any clues? Also posted on their website but no reply after about a week.

Thanks for any help

Regards

Alan

2 minutes ago, Gandalf said:

Hi All

Been trying to buy the 3D sounds package for UTL from SimMarket but it seems to have disappeared 🙁

Alan, what's this 3D sounds package supposed to do exactly...??

Adds fantastic sounds to your AI aircraft...would highly recommend it if that's something you feel will add to the immersion.

19 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

Alan, what's this 3D sounds package supposed to do exactly...??

Hi, Dylan beat me to it! 😂

Tony, thanks for the reply but where can you purchase? All it says is “notify when available” I believe it was released about a year ago and it’s a download so would have thought it should be available?

Maybe it’s been withdrawn...

Regards

Alan

Yeah that is weird.  Not sure if there is anyway to ask SimMarket ?

11 minutes ago, kand said:

I use this https://k-akai.blogspot.com/2018/04/ai-traffic-sound-pack-171.html

Free and far more comprehensive than any payware I have purchased previously

Hi Kand , how easy is it to install? 

Obviously the paid for product does it all for you, which should save me from totally borking my install 😁

Regards

Alan

Edited by Gandalf
Spelling

50 minutes ago, Gandalf said:

Obviously the paid for product does it all for you, which should save me from totally borking my install 😁

The 'hardest' thing with the freeware sounds install, is actually just the time it takes to add the correct AI sound.cfg alias to each specific AI aircraft.

Otherwise, I found it very easy.

N.B. There is an issue with AI sounds in P3D. 

Once more than 3 or 4 AI aircraft push back and start-up, every subsequent aircraft to start-up their engines on the ramp or on the approach to land, have all of their sound files play simultaneously.

This ruins the previously well-executed sound environment and is possibly why Alan Constable removed his product from sale.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

10 minutes ago, F737NG said:

N.B. There is an issue with AI sounds in P3D. 

Once more than 3 or 4 AI aircraft push back and start-up, every subsequent aircraft to start-up their engines on the ramp or on the approach to land, have all of their sound files play simultaneously.

This ruins the previously well-executed sound environment and is possibly why Alan Constable removed his product from sale.

I've installed it since quite some time and have never observed this issue.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

3 hours ago, Gandalf said:

Hi All

Anyone any clues? Also posted on their website but no reply after about a week.

Thanks for any help

Regards

Alan

I bought this from SimMarket last summer. I have noticed no problems with it. It has been a very enjoyable add-0n.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated 😎

I’m just rather disappointed at the lack of response from the forum, it’s not as if they’re exactly inundated...

Regards

Alan

ps was there someone who replied earlier in the thread who was a beta tester? Perhaps they could shed some light?

2 hours ago, Gandalf said:

Regards

Alan

Very easy, a set of utlive sound.cfgs are provided so just a copy and paste