Sign in to follow this  
bbain1187

FlyTampa KATL

Anyone in the know as to if it will be released anytime soon? I am wanting to get a KATL scenery soon and I see ImagineSim has a pretty good one but I would hold out for FlyTampa's if it's within a few months of release. 

Ben

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

9 minutes ago, bbain1187 said:

Anyone in the know as to if it will be released anytime soon? I am wanting to get a KATL scenery soon and I see ImagineSim has a pretty good one but I would hold out for FlyTampa's if it's within a few months of release. 

Ben

Ditto here too.

15 minutes ago, bbain1187 said:

With KLAS still unreleased, the CYUL update to v4 standard (per November Facebook post) also unreleased and not a single image of KATL shown, I would not get your hopes up for a release until the end of this year at the earliest.

I'm still going to go for FT's KATL, but it's definitely a waiting game.

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

If this is going to be one of the no announcement and prior hype release type, by all means. So far we haven't seen a thing related to ATL. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Did ImagineSim ever fix their broken approach lights used for ATL? I heard that was an issue so I was hesitant to buy.

Looking so far to CYUL V4 update.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Judging by the performance at BOS, ATL will be a miss for me. Imaginesims ATL is great however I would highly advise picking it up if you have not. 

2 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

Looking so far to CYUL V4 update. 

Me too! I did not reinstall the old version when I moved to 4.4; waiting for the update as the images looked fantastic.

26 minutes ago, shamrockflyer said:

Imaginesims ATL is great however

I would have purchased this a while ago had they elevated the runways as they are in real life. I know the airport well and an approach to flat terrain here would... well, bother me. I hope FT will include this.

Dan Scott

6 minutes ago, Cognita said:

I would have purchased this a while ago had they elevated the runways as they are in real life. I know the airport well and an approach to flat terrain here would... well, bother me. I hope FT will include this.

The last time I flew into Imaginesim ATL I am pretty sure the runways were slightly elevated, is it 27R and 28 where the highway runs past? because I am sure its not flat. I will check for you tomorrow and see if it is.

Yes. I think both ends are elevated but it is more pronounced on 27R and 28. Please let me know. I thought I recalled thread from some time ago that said they were not elevated and so I held off getting but if they are I may go ahead and pick it up. I am not looking for perfection, just some elevation to reflect what he approach looks like would be great.

Dan Scott

On 1/23/2019 at 1:19 PM, Chapstick said:

Did ImagineSim ever fix their broken approach lights used for ATL? I heard that was an issue so I was hesitant to buy.

I would never buy from imaginesim again!!!!

worst customer service ever...

with regards to Zspd which I bought.

i sent them a email asking if there is any way I can disable one of the bgls to remove outer perimeter if airport whereby the land is under water.

i don’t think it is compatible with global and vector 

I get a response.. sure we would be happy to make a custom bgl for you, for a fee!

offensive initials not allowed??????

😡

I have all of the Imaginesim locations and I've only had one problem at KATL with ground textures a couple of years ago and they fixed it within two days.  I don't have a problem with ZSPD, certainly not anything having to do with water.

Dan Downs KCRP

I don't think there is any elevation of the runways simulated in the imaginesim KATL scenery at all. Definitely not in the 2016 version I have.

And judging by the screenshots of the newer V4 2018 version on their website, even in that version the whole airport is all flat including the runways.

Hopefully FT can pull this off, it is a very distinctive feature of ATL, not just the elevated runways relative to the taxiways on the terminal side of the airport but ATL has some distinctive slope and gradient to those runways and taxiways.

I am no fan of XPlane for various reasons, but one feature about it that I wish was present in the ESP platform is the sloped airport elevations and runways/taxiways. At an airport like ATL and CLT where the runway is elevated above the taxiways and there is a slope on the runway taxiway turnoffs can be implemented faithfully in XP using native development methods.

In the past custom sloped airports in FSX/P3D like Sucre Bolivia by LatinVFR were certainly welcomed and good attempts but were always glitchy and clunky in operation with surface not being 100% aligned with the contact points of the simobjects.

• Upvote 1

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

One of the screenshots for the ImagineSim version shows what appears to be a Guinness world record attempt for the greatest number of airliners waiting for departure at a single moment in time!!! :ohmy::huh:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png