Sign in to follow this  
ark

RXP GTN750 Home Button Problem

WIth the RXP GTN750 mounted in the panel of the Lear35 or Falcon50, I cannot get the Map function of the Home button to work, that is, I get no response when holding down the Home button. Just clicking the Home button does work -- it takes me back to the Home page. The mouse cursor works in that the cursor hand closes, but there is no response from the GTN 750 when the Home button is held down (I am using WIn10/P3D4.4).

However, all works fine in the 2D popup mode; it is only when the GTN750 is in the VC that I have this 'go to map' problem.

I would like to know if anyone else is seeing this.

Thx,

Al

Edited by ark

Al. I am not familiar with either of those models, but it is not unusual for the bezels, or faceplates or the want of a better name,  provided by the aircraft developers to act as a barrier with aftermarket gauges.  There are workarounds for many of these situations. In some cases it requires editing of the developer's pertinent textures files.  In some other cases an .xml file may have been developed that provides functions from the Home and Direct Keys, as well as conveying access to the GTN's tuning knobs.

I have found that in many panels, especially in aircraft models with complex panels, the rendered VC GPS gauge is too small to use realistically during all phases of flight. That is much more a function of the aircraft's panel design than of the RXP GPS gauge.  So I configure a reasonably sized and positioned GTN popup or 2D gauge and routinely use it. I have found no restrictions on buttons or tuning knobs with the 2D popups.

There is a gauge file routine named "f1vc.xml" that you might be able to utilize to gain access to the GTN's buttons and tuning knobs in the VC.  It is added as a faux gauge in panel.cfg, and the referenced xml file is positioned in a subfolder of the aircraft's panel folder.  I recommend you search around for it here in this support area and inform yourself about it before trying it. The routine works for some, but perhaps not for all aircraft.  I am an FSX user with no P3D experience so limit my response here to FSX.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Frank,

Thanks for the response.

The Lear35 and Falcon50 by FSW were developed to use the RXP GTN750 in the panel  (and also the Flight1 GTN750).  So the situation is not one of 'getting an addon gauge to work'. I, and others, have reported similar problems with both the Home and Direct To buttons on the Flight1 GTN750 that cuts across a variety of aircraft by different developers -- and again with a/c that were developed to incorporate the GTN750 into the VC.  Unfortunately, for some reason Flight1 has been remarkably unresponsive on addressing the issue despite quite a few posts/complaints about this on their support forum over the past months.  I am relatively new to the RXP GTN750, and unlike the Flight1 case, to date I've not seen similar problem reports on the RXP GTN750, so thus my post/question. If others are having a similar problem I'll let Reality XP know. From what I've seen, their support is quite good.

Al

Edited by ark

This has been a problem for some time with the flight1 gtn, however I did experience this yesterday with the RXP gtn, I'll test again to day and get back.

Bob

I fixed this on the TB20 which was designed around the F1 GTN. There is a wonderful free "F1 to RXP" gauge, but then you must change a setting in the RXP GTN for it to accept default GPS commands, see https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/526012-f1-to-rxp-gtn-gauge-ready/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-3947012

So setting your panel in the FSW for the F1 then fitting in the RXP and above gauge could be a work around for you.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Just checked the RXP gtn, from the vc clicking the Home button gets you back to the main menu and from the 2d pop-up gets you back to the map.

bob

Edited by onebob

5 hours ago, onebob said:

Just checked the RXP gtn, from the vc clicking the Home button gets you back to the main menu and from the 2d pop-up gets you back to the map.

bob

Bob,

If I understand the above correctly, in the VC clicking the Home button takes you to the Home page as it should, but holding down the Home button does NOT take you to the map page as it should.  In the 2D popup, both functions of the Home button work as they should.  If my understanding is correct, then we are seeing the same thing.

Thx,

Al

Edited by ark

43 minutes ago, ark said:

Bob,

If I understand the above correctly, in the VC clicking the Home button takes you to the Home page as it should, but holding down the Home button does NOT take you to the map page as it should.  In the 2D popup, both functions of the Home button work as they should.  If my understanding is correct, then we are seeing the same thing.

Thx,

Al

Yes that's correct.

The D-to button works ok in the vc for the RXP gauge, however the F1 didn't ( don't have it stalled at the moment )

bob

19 minutes ago, onebob said:

The D-to button works ok in the vc for the RXP gauge, however the F1 didn't ( don't have it stalled at the moment )

bob

Yes, in the VC I usually have to click the Flight1 GTN750 Direct-To button a number of times to get it to work -- very annoying to say the least. The DirectTo button in the RXP unit seems to work reliably.

Al

Edited by ark

Can anyone else provide some feedback on the RXP GTN750 Home button operation in the VC? It would be good to get some feedback wrt other than FSW aircraft as well.

Thx,

Al

14 hours ago, onebob said:

bob

Here is how the home button works. You hold for a few seconds for map and single click for menu. Both the 2D and 3D do the same.

FSX works perfect. P3D in the 3D model i have to double click the home key and hold to go to map. Single works back to menu.

I will report this issue with P3D.

Edited by Flysimware

17 minutes ago, Flysimware said:

Here is how the home button works. You hold for a few seconds for map and single click for menu. Both the 2D and 3D do the same.

The point is in the Falcon50 and the Lear35 (and other developers a/c) when in the VC holding the Home button down does NOT work -- no map appears. The map does appear when the GTN750 is in the 2D popup mode. So there is a problem when in the VC mode.

Al

Edited by ark

Just done a flight in the Lear35a (good news ,downloaded from PC Avaitor this afternoon ) yes its the same.

bob

2 hours ago, Flysimware said:

FSX works perfect. P3D in the 3D model i have to double click the home key and hold to go to map. Single works back to menu.

I will report this issue with P3D.

Yes, good find. Double clicking the Home button and then holding it on the 2nd click does take you to the map page with the RXP GTN750.

Al