Sign in to follow this  
diamondstar

Strange volume behaviour [ SOLVED ]

Hi there.

I‘ve purchased the voice package and really enjoy it, truly adds to the immersion.

However, there’s one point I find a bit distracting:

The volume of the whole Aircraft/Simulation ( Engines and Internal ) is reduced a bit ( not completely muted, but lowered by perhaps 20-30% ) when the F/O is speaking. When the F/O is finished, the Volume comes back to normal.

I suspect that this is caused by some weird Windows 10 System-setting, but I have no clue, what‘s causing this... Found a setting that handles the volume when WIN10 senses an incomming phone call and set it to „do nothing“, but that didn‘t fix the issue.

Did anyone else encounter this issue and is there a workaround to avoid this system behaviour?

I‘m using a 3.5mm Headset ( all sounds routed to this Headphone / used like a speaker ) and a USB Microphone on Windows 10.

Thank‘s in advance

Toto
Edited by diamondstar

Hello Bryan.

Thanks for your advice. But that‘s exactly what I‘ve tried already and unfortunately that didn‘t help.

Best regards

Just found that the volume reduction only occurs when the FO speaks, it won‘t happen during PA-Announcements from Flight Attendants or by a Flight Attendant in the Cockpit.

Problem solved:

I‘ve changed the „Crew Volume“ on the SEC-Panel Audio Settings to the same Level of the PA/FA ( both now set to „3“ ).

Thank you and best regards