Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

EDDM -8F siting in -4 and snow. Great Job PMDG.

What a great job PMDG have done with snow build up.

Note: Before putting Window heat ON.You can see the over head.

747-snow-1.jpg

747-snow-3.jpg

747-snow-2.jpg

Time to get the Window heating On :)

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I was in the 747-8i at LOWW last night and never got that snow. Did you have to turn it on, or something like that, David. Was using  FT's LOW, set for winter, and AS4.

Unless there was no snow forecast for LOWW, but had to use GSX's de-icers though.

Nice shots, BTW.

Hi Rick,

Did not turn it on, not sure it’s even an option?

I just started a flight at EDDM and it loaded in the sim with snow and AS telling me it was -4.

I set up a few things, looked up and saw what you see in the screenshots.

Once I put Window heat on after a few minutes it was gone. 

It took me by surprise hehe.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I wasn't aware that this could happen until early this morning, and even then, I wasn't even the one flying. I was already mid-flight in the -400 when a buddy of mine decided to join in, and he started at MSP. He commented that there was snow on his windows, and I popped over to his stream to look. Sure enough, there it was.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Wow, that is realism taken to the nth degree. Hats off, PMDG. Take a bow.

Adds lustre to that extra $ spent on your expansions.

Nice one, Dave.

It might well be the stimulus to fire up P3D after months of X-Plane. VR doesn't quite cut it in Prepar3D yet, having to use the mouse to control things. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020