Sign in to follow this  
MDFlier

Thank you for AI Manager, AIG. I have AI. Lots of it!

Mark,

I would suggest replacing each TG airline one at a time as Winter 2018 AIG flight schedules become available. For example, yesterday KLM Winter 2018 was made available as an OSI version. Go into Traffic Global and disable just the KLM schedule (I assume that is possible). Then use AIG manager to add KLM using OSI.  You need  accounts for both the AVSim and flightsim.com file libraries, as many liveries are stored in those locations. If you want to use FSPX payware AI models, you obviously need to buy them and download the zip files. In most cases the FSPX models are prettier versions of the freeware AI models.

Jay

4 hours ago, biloo said:

In terms of performance on P3D v4, what is the difference between the new AIG and UTL. I understand UTL works outside of P3D and injects AI, is that correct ? And does AIG still impact sim performance with the traditional BGL files ?

This is the only AI I've ever added to P3D. Just fooling around, I set traffic to 100% in Boston at 7:45AM on Monday morning. Nearly every gate for which I had a livery installed was full. I only had 1 choice for my plane at some terminals. Switching to Little Navmap and zooming out, I saw what had to be over 100 aircraft shown. For about 15 seconds right after I started the scenario, everything was crawling. After that, there was some performance hit. It does not matter since having that much AI is just not fun. I've been running with the slider at 33%, and I still have too much traffic. I have not noticed a performance hit but I run with FPS locked at 26 and it stays darn close to it, so I'm happy. I had a couple of drops to 20-21, but that happens all the time at KBOS, particularly in combination with GSX and DL. 

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

53 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Is there a list which airlines and which aircraft are available?

Right after performing step #6 in the process shown in the 1st post, you will see the list on your screen.

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

1 hour ago, 331BK said:

installing it now, do i set the traffic density now with the P3D integrated sliders? 

Yes. With the airline traffic slider. With the 21 liveries I now have installed, any setting over 33% produces an inordinate amount of traffic. Far too much. So much that it just gets in your way. I'm trying a flight at 22%. There is still a lot of traffic around. 

It's so neat to actually be able to see the NGX's TA/TR system in action. I love getting the warnings and advice.

Edited by MDFlier

17 minutes ago, newtie said:

Installed the AI Manager. Not feeling the one-click love.

I would be curious to find out what the issue is and what love is not being felt precisely? 

I'm an AI freak, but I can see others being content with UTL's or TG's outdated or even possibly heavily inaccurate plans or repaints. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

2 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

I would be curious to find out what the issue is and what love is not being felt precisely? 

I'm an AI freak, but I can see others being content with UTL's or TG's outdated or even possibly heavily inaccurate plans or repaints. 

I'm sorta thinking the same thing. Unless I want to update the schedules or change a model, I might never see the interface again and I'll still have traffic on every flight.

Seems to me it's akin to not feeling the love for an Uber car after it drops you off where you wanted to go. It doesn't matter. It got you there and you'll never see it again.

15 hours ago, MDFlier said:

Question: When you are looking at the airline detailed information, is the "Utilization %" tied to the airline traffic slider setting? Meaning that if a model says "41%" in utilization %, does the traffic slider need to be >41 for that aircraft to appear?  

That's the next thing I have to figure out. The proper traffic setting. I'm getting too much now. It's ridiculous. hehe.

Hi MDFlier,

One thing to keep in mind is that AIG's default is 1% activity for every flight plan so if you have your traffic at 50% then that's what you'll get. For me it's too much traffic, at places like Atlanta or JFK you can barely get a clearance, let alone taxi or takeoff. And the performance hit is massive.

I use AIFP and adjust the activity for the plans from 1-50% for everything except the big fields, use 1-40% for them. With the P3D 25% for commercial and 20 for GA I've got a lot of traffic but the level feels about right for me.

Edited by gsand

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

i selected all of the plans so it takes some time, and i was also stupid enough to let me choose between payware and freeware. 

Long time waiting.

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Mark,

I would suggest replacing each TG airline one at a time as Winter 2018 AIG flight schedules become available. For example, yesterday KLM Winter 2018 was made available as an OSI version. Go into Traffic Global and disable just the KLM schedule (I assume that is possible). Then use AIG manager to add KLM using OSI.  You need  accounts for both the AVSim and flightsim.com file libraries, as many liveries are stored in those locations. If you want to use FSPX payware AI models, you obviously need to buy them and download the zip files. In most cases the FSPX models are prettier versions of the freeware AI models.

Jay

Hey Jay-

I completely uninstalled TG as that what's you have to do (recommended) for every update which just occurred. I got the app installed and read both the quick install guide and the user manual. Not making a lot of sense. I did find out as you mentioned that you have to have accounts at AVSIM (obviously I have) and FlightSim which I created. I attempted to install UA which looked to be ~600 ac? It also looked like you had to have payware ac installed? It's not clear how the freeware download process takes place.

I tried to install this. The first time the app stalled. The second time, the app opened the AVSIM library in Explorer (I'm on Win10 and don't use it) which resulted in a scripting error. I'm into this one-click app almost an hour now and threw the towel in.

As I mentioned above, when I have the time to spend to figure it out vs TG which is a brainless install and pretty much gives me all I need, I try again.

Thanks,

Mark

I think I've mentioned in one of my previous posts to spend some time reading how this thing works or perhaps what known issues were (script issue with AVSIM login being one of them)

I guess I'll rephrase then. If someone doesn't have the time or patience spending 30 minutes reading how OCI in AIGAIM works, stick to UTL or TG.

Edited by Drumcode

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I'm pretty sure the AVSim library "scripting error" can just be ignored.  I just tested the KLM Winter 2018 flightplan and it worked fine. Once the AVSim library page opens in IE, just close it.

Disclaimer: I have no connection to AIGFM (other than being a user), so if anyone wants official support, ask on their forums.

41 minutes ago, newtie said:

I attempted to install UA which looked to be ~600 ac? It also looked like you had to have payware ac installed?

UAL consists of the mainline and United Express. There are about 60 different paints among the various models. The only payware models are FSPX and one can choose to use freeware alternatives with the Configure button. Keep in mind the Manager is a beta version (not early access though, since it is full-featured).

Again, I'm only a lowly user like you.

18 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I'm pretty sure the AVSim library "scripting error" can just be ignored.  I just tested the KLM Winter 2018 flightplan and it worked fine. Once the AVSim library page opens in IE, just close it.

Disclaimer: I have no connection to AIGFM (other than being a user), so if anyone wants official support, ask on their forums.

I will try exactly what you did later and see if it works. Got thrown off by the error.

8 hours ago, Flic1 said:

Would I have to start from scratch in order to start using this new tool or will it work going forward to update/add new schedules?

for me, I'm staying with AIFP ....... yesterday updated KLM widebodies only (in US skies) quickly as the paints were automatically reloaded from the previous plan.

might use AIGAIM for a new airline one day (?).

for now, cheers

john martin

3 hours ago, MDFlier said:

Yes. With the airline traffic slider. With the 21 liveries I now have installed, any setting over 33% produces an inordinate amount of traffic. Far too much. So much that it just gets in your way. I'm trying a flight at 22%. There is still a lot of traffic around.

i recommend using fsuipc5 traffic limiter (with P3d slider at 100%) ...... it has options for fps limits, aircraft spawned & what are culled, all adjusted in sim.

• Like 1

for now, cheers

john martin