Sign in to follow this  
MDFlier

Thank you for AI Manager, AIG. I have AI. Lots of it!

did a flight from egll to uuee yesterday.

somewhere over denmark on one spot sudently 50 planes spawned a flew away in any direction?

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

6 hours ago, newtie said:

This software is in dire need of an update.

It needs a Professional version. 😊

Cheers,

Mark

Haha, It will be released this year, we are beta testing it very heavily trust me... 

Regards,
S.

Well, pick it up, the year’s almost over.

If ya weren’t testing it so heavily, it’d be out by now.

Jeez, I HATE begging. 😝

11 hours ago, newtie said:

Well, pick it up, the year’s almost over.

If ya weren’t testing it so heavily, it’d be out by now.

Jeez, I HATE begging. 😝

The year is just starting..

These types of add-on's are harder than you think to built, you have to take in consideration so many variables and AI packages that is it unbelievable, then you find problems with the P3D SDK, report to LM, wait to be fixed or work around them, then check that all is compatible with 3rd party add-on's, etc.

We are making very good progress, you should be grateful I am not releasing it now as an OPEN BETA like everyone else does these days and running away with your hard earned money, it will be released professionally after being tested by many well known flying simulation figures on AVSIM, AIG, etc. and we all feel (my Beta testers have a great deal of input about the release date) it is ready for public release.

My desire is to release it and put an smile on each individual that decides to purchase AI Lights Reborn Professional, to achieve this goal I need to feel it is perfect.. and it is getting there..:wink:

Regards,
Simbol

Simbol-

I hope you know I was kidding. Thank GOD you're not doing an early release as I couldn't tolerate another heart attack. I will be your first customer of the pro version when released so ya better let me know first or you'll lose the sale 😀

Anyway you and Oliver over at Lorbi are the original OGs here at AVSIM and we all think the best of you both.

Back to the heavy beta testing...

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by newtie
sp
  • Like 1

Hi Guys,

A word of caution about using this file. As I was installing flightplans from this software i.e installing and deleting some flightplans that didn't get installed properly by me using the application I noticed towards the end that the application deleted my default F-22 airplane files from simobject folder at the root P3D 4.3 folder.

While the application is very powerful and makes the job of installing flightplans very convenient there are some serious risk in using the program.

It has access to list all simobject files that are the AI files the program installs plus all other simobject files your sim has access to. The program runs in certain conventional manner and runs under certain assumptions based on user behaviour.

If there are any actions that falls outside the expected parameter, you run serious risk of getting any simobject file deleted or corrupted.

I not only lost F-22 raptor, my SODE has also gotten messed up as a result many of my scenery addons have their jetways missing. Currently I am unable to retrieve the jetways. I tried re-installing some sceneries such as Flytampa Toronto (this worked) and DD New York Airport, Simbreeze OMAA, the last two sceneries that I re-installed didn't manage to retrieve my jetways back.

If someone has any suggestion, it would be really helpful. At the same time this is my word of caution to those who want to use AIM. Its a great program for its purpose but it can damage your FS experience if you get unlucky.

Bilal Asif Khan

I suggest that you explain what happened (along with providing appropriate log files) on the official AIG Manager forum. The AIGM is an open beta and as such, it could be the source of your problems. Or they could be caused by some idiosyncrasy in your flightsim setup.

Also that said, AIGM does not alter existing flightplans, models, liveries or airports. It only adds its own versions as needed. The beta could have corrupted a P3d4 configuration file. But a quick review of the AIGM official forum does not reveal any posts about that kind of issue.

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Also that said, AIGM does not alter existing flightplans, models, liveries or airports. It only adds its own versions as needed... But a quick review of the AIGM official forum does not reveal any posts about that kind of issue.

Actually, there are a few, here is one:

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=29149.0

BUT - it is a BETA and should indeed be treated as such. Unexpected things can and will happen.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

I know its beta and there will always be risk. I just think of this risk a bit high if it can interfere with p3d core folder unknowingly. I have mentioned this on their forums.

Bilal Asif Khan

Strange why they rely still on the "old" installation method instead of using the add-on.xml method which is not interferin in the P3D installation at all.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

4 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Strange why they rely still on the "old" installation method instead of using the add-on.xml method which is not interferin in the P3D installation at all.

They do use the add-on.xml file method. I'm surprised you didn't know that from trying the tool out. All Effects, SimObjects, Textures and Traffice Files are isolated under the AIGAIM - OCI folder (assuming you are talking about the new OCI installation method).

Cheers!

David Haynes

16 minutes ago, cnc3 said:

They do use the add-on.xml file method. I'm surprised you didn't know that from trying the tool out. All Effects, SimObjects, Textures and Traffice Files are isolated under the AIGAIM - OCI folder (assuming you are talking about the new OCI installation method).

I think what @JoeFackel is trying to say is that he is surprised this software is editing Prepard3D config files when this is normally handled automatically by P3D by putting the .XML file inside the Prepard3D 4 add-on's directory.

Regards,
S.

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

I think what @JoeFackel is trying to say is that he is surprised this software is editing Prepard3D config files when this is normally handled automatically by P3D by putting the .XML file inside the Prepard3D 4 add-on's directory.

I don't see how programmatically adding the entry to the add-ons.cfg file instead of making the entry in the appropriate folder under Prepar3D v4 Add Ons could be construed as using the 'old' method. However, if that is what @JoeFackel meant, I guess it could be seen as 'wrong way' to use the add-on.xml system.

Cheers!

David Haynes

7 hours ago, cnc3 said:

I don't use AIG as i have an heavily customized AI plane package running with UTL so no need for it. As Biloo said AIG OCI foxtrott-uniformed his P3D install i thought it must have to do with installing directly into the sim folders.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

8 hours ago, biloo said:

I know its beta and there will always be risk. I just think of this risk a bit high if it can interfere with p3d core folder unknowingly. I have mentioned this on their forums.

I'm making a wild guess here, but take a look at add-ons.cfg in:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

and see if you have more than one entry for the OCI package. This could happen if one installs a new version of the app without uninstalling the previous version. Your F-22 is still there, but with add-ons.cfg messed up, P3d4 generates that error message that you've seen.