Sign in to follow this  
MDFlier

Thank you for AI Manager, AIG. I have AI. Lots of it!

4 minutes ago, gsand said:

That's great Pete, glad you got it sorted out.

Yes, now the next hurdle. With 109 files i'd like to do it "en bulk" as Jabloom managed. But I failed (as described in my subsequent post).

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

2 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Yes, now the next hurdle. With 109 files i'd like to do it "en bulk" as Jabloom managed. But I failed (as described in my subsequent post).

Pete

You might want to point out both those issues to Don Grovestine on the FSDeveloper forum. The dialog box has the wrong heading and I guess that no one ever noticed that before. That quirk probably results from reusing dialog boxes. The second issue requires killing AIFP with the Task Manager. Neither issue affects the correct operation of the bulk update though. The Boolean logic works fine as best that I can tell. The activity levels are randomized with a range from the minimum  to the maximum. If the maximum=minimum than all the activity levels are the same. The < and > operators work by fixing the extreme of the range to 1% and 100% respectively. Note that the "random" distribution is a uniform random distribution. As the developer, Don would be the only one who could for sure answer your questions, though.

3 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The activity levels are randomized with a range from the minimum  to the maximum. If the maximum=minimum than all the activity levels are the same. The < and > operators work by fixing the extreme of the range to 1% and 100% respectively. Note that the "random" distribution is a uniform random distribution.

That's good, exactly what I wanted to know. It's just a little confusing as the non-bulk method also has Max and min setting but a "random" button also. the previous version of AIFP didn't have the latter, so it looked as if having it random was a new addition, so i wanted a way to select that for the bulk operation.

Thanks!
Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Just got a new rig and upgraded to V4 and this app has saved me a load of time!!

• Like 1

One problem I am having is Aircraft showing up in red in AIFP.

In AIGOCI, the aircraft in question is FAIB A320-200SL, and A321-PW, but only on certain airlines.

Have checked the aircraft in the simobjects, and all as it should be, Any ideas anyone ?

Edit:

When I try to randomize a fp, a box comes with eg: AC#500 Air_New Zealand A320-200SL in not available on your system, but it is clearly there.

Edited by ZKOKQ

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

51 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

One problem I am having is Aircraft showing up in red in AIFP.

In AIGOCI, the aircraft in question is FAIB A320-200SL, and A321-PW, but only on certain airlines.

Have checked the aircraft in the simobjects, and all as it should be, Any ideas anyone ?

Edit:

When I try to randomize a fp, a box comes with eg: AC#500 Air_New Zealand A320-200SL in not available on your system, but it is clearly there.

If ANZ downloaded correctly, you should be able to find the problem aircraft in ...AIGAIM - OCI\SimObjects\AIGAIM_FAIB_A320-200SL_IAE, check in the aircraft.cfg that it appears.

In AIFP, open the Air New Zealand flightplan .bgl file.
Under 'Aircraft List' in the 3rd column, right click on the aircraft showing in red. Click 'Substitute'.

In next window, scroll down until you find the aircraft title "AIGAIM_Air_New Zealand A320-200SL", then click use selected.

Then click the 'Compile' button on original screen.

Should work.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

4 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Should work

And it did. Can't thank you enough 🙂

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

OK so I just downloaded AI Flight planner. 

Im trying to get control over the amount of AI spawns

When you say I need to "load a traffic bgl"..what do you mean and do I need to do this for each airline I have?

I'm trying to get a little less AI around the airports because I guess AIG AI doesn't use the P3D UI slider anymore.

Thanks! 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

10 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

OK so I just downloaded AI Flight planner. 

Im trying to get control over the amount of AI spawns

When you say I need to "load a traffic bgl"..what do you mean and do I need to do this for each airline I have?

I'm trying to get a little less AI around the airports because I guess AIG AI doesn't use the P3D UI slider anymore.

In AIFP, go to 'Bulk Traffic' in the menu bar, click 'Update Activity Levels in Traffic Files'.

In new window, select the folder location of your AIG traffic bgl files. e.g. C:\...\...\AIG_AIM-OCI AI aircraft\AIGAIM - OCI\Traffic Files\Scenery\
Choose all of the traffic files you wish to change. (Test one traffic file first, if it works, repeat and select all of them).
Click on 'Use Selected/Checked' button.

In next window, put the following:
1 - 99
Click OK.

That's it - your slider traffic slider in P3D will now work again.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Thank you, that was great. Just so I am clear..if it is set 1-99 in AIFP and i run the tool and then go to P3dv4 traffic and set to say 50%..am I cutting my traffic in half. trying to get an even balance of traffic so as not to bring my 1080ti to a grinding halt. I know that AIM (AIG) plan to implement the adjustment in their AI Manager at some point maybe with 0.9 version and a new traffic board.

Thank you,

BobM.

Bob M

8 hours ago, unc1rlm said:

Just so I am clear..if it is set 1-99 in AIFP and i run the tool and then go to P3dv4 traffic and set to say 50%..am I cutting my traffic in half.

That's the premise of it, I've never gone in and figured it out though. Randomized 1-99% may not be exactly balanced but it's much better than everything at 1% imo. 

Plus if there are any particular aircraft/special livery or destination what have you that you want to ensure stays at a lower %, then you can adjust those to whatever you like.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Thank you Dave...yeah I did the 1-99 and set my traffic at 100 and I believe..have to relook at Atlanta and seemed the traffic dropped significently. I seems that alot of the traffic all run for the gate and are landing all at once in the beginning and sooner or later it all shakes out... If you get a chance..koala's "little bgl tool is really neat but I guess he put the brakes on it since AIG is working on the traffic board etc and was more or less told to find something else to do.. Anyway.. he did that stuff for converting flt plans to xml for UTLive.

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=29651.0

Thanks, Dave

Bestest,

BobM.

Bob M

In the past I ran AI at 100% (with max aircraft and min FPS thresholds set in UTL). Now that most of my ai is installed with AIGAIM, I'll probably end up randomizing things if I get a chance this weekend. Rather than randomizing every airline, I think I'll stick to the large airlines that have large presences at major airports and have a tendency to choke out smaller carriers and fill up cargo spaces. America, Delta, United, Lufthansa... I don't want to randomize smaller carriers, because I want to see those airlines more often.

My apprehension with doing this, however, is the randomization could limit special paints. In theory, I would want all of the flightplans with special paints to remain at 1%, but that would require a lot of custom work. With the UTL limits, I don't think specific flights or paints were limited. The process of limiting the aircraft in the sim was more dynamic, I think.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Good point...Thank you!! Just curious..on say Delta...what would you tick in AIFP as far as adjust Flight plan activity level?

Bestest,

BobM

Edited by unc1rlm

Bob M

1 hour ago, duckbilled said:

My apprehension with doing this, however, is the randomization could limit special paints. In theory, I would want all of the flightplans with special paints to remain at 1%, but that would require a lot of custom work. With the UTL limits, I don't think specific flights or paints were limited. The process of limiting the aircraft in the sim was more dynamic, I think.

Back up the entire AIG-OCI folder first. if you are not happy with the results of your randomizing, you can just delete that folder and restore it from your backup. Then you can try it all over again and see if it comes out to your liking. 

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440