Sign in to follow this  
MDFlier

Thank you for AI Manager, AIG. I have AI. Lots of it!

23 minutes ago, psolk said:

OK, just diving into P3D altogether for the first time this week...  This is a really stupid question so I apologize but do I disable MyTraffic altogether prior to going through the AIGManager OCI or will it run and determine what is installed then I remove the airlines I've installed in AIG from MT6?

I'll get through step one first before I worry about the whole traffic randomization and traffic level configuration lol.

Thank you in advance!

-Paul

You'll have to manually deactivate any overlapping airlines in MT6. Personally, as somebody who was a user of UTLive, I ended up completely disabling UTLive and instead supplementing AIG's OCI traffic with manually compiled traffic. But that's probably much more laborious than simply deactivating airlines present in MT6... Though I'm not sure how to do that, as I haven't used MT6 in years...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Thank you Benjamin!  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

7 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

You'll have to manually deactivate any overlapping airlines in MT6. Personally, as somebody who was a user of UTLive, I ended up completely disabling UTLive and instead supplementing AIG's OCI traffic with manually compiled traffic. But that's probably much more laborious than simply deactivating airlines present in MT6... Though I'm not sure how to do that, as I haven't used MT6 in years...

I have UTL installed, but only a few airlines active. Seems like every time I activate an airline in UTL, AIG releases it.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

The 737 Max accidents were very sad and unfortunate. And with regard to importance, I'm not trying to put problems encountered in our hobby in even the same galaxy. But AIG has withheld releasing a number of major carrier schedules until the official Max grounding issue is sorted out.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, duckbilled said:

I have UTL installed, but only a few airlines active. Seems like every time I activate an airline in UTL, AIG releases it.

So true. When I started with AIG-OCI, I had to add about 50 airlines/schedules by UTL. Among them were very important ones like Air Canada, China Airines, Avianca and so on. Meanwhile, after some weeks most of the larger airlines are now available via AIG-OCI. Only 15 airlines from UTL remained in my set-up. I guess that I will abandon UTL very soon. Sorry for UTL, but their development of updates (adding new airlines/liveries and flight plans)  was much to slow. The same is true for Traffic Global which I purchased too, unfortunately.

What I'm still missing on the AIG web site is the DONATE BUTTON. I'm more than willing to give at least the same amount of money what I paid for UTL and TG, respectively..

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

17 minutes ago, Nemo said:

So true. When I started with AIG-OCI, I had to add about 50 airlines/schedules by UTL. Among them were very important ones like Air Canada, China Airines, Avianca and so on. Meanwhile, after some weeks most of the larger airlines are now available via AIG-OCI. Only 15 airlines from UTL remained in my set-up. I guess that I will abandon UTL very soon. Sorry for UTL, but their development of updates (adding new airlines/liveries and flight plans)  was much to slow. The same is true for Traffic Global which I purchased too, unfortunately.

What I'm still missing on the AIG web site is the DONATE BUTTON. I'm more than willing to give at least the same amount of money what I paid for UTL and TG, respectively..

Have you noticed any difference in loading times? FPS? with AIG models vs UTL? 

58 minutes ago, itsjase said:

There are only a few of AIG models, most known are the Boeing 757 family. AIG manager uses TFS, FAIB, FPS, Raven AI just to name the most known ones. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

4 hours ago, Nemo said:

Yeah, I went all in LOL.  De-activated MT6 altogether, launched OCI, hit ctrl-A and done...   

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

9 hours ago, itsjase said:

The actual initial load times of the sim will be affected mostly by the amount of AI aircraft that are added (total number of liveries), not the models. To put it in perspective, UTL has approx 1070 liveries using 96 models whereas the so far 203 airlines that I have added using AIG's OCI uses nearly 2100 different liveries over 179 different aircraft types using 217 models (varied engine types etc). 

Load times have of course increased some, it's just a small price to pay when you consider the increase in the quality of the traffic.

Edited by Dave_YVR
  • Like 2

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

7 hours ago, psolk said:

Yeah, I went all in LOL.  De-activated MT6 altogether, launched OCI, hit ctrl-A and done...   

Probably the best way to go. MT6's models are inferior to those used by AIG-OCI, if memory serves me right. Have fun with your new traffic! As others have said Re: UTLive, the rate of new airlines added to AIG-OCI is astounding. There's definitely slow weeks now and again, but last weekend I believe they added some 15 new airlines! And their coverage is very, very good, too. You'll have airlines worldwide with their current releases. That said, I reckon I have some 60-100 additional airlines that I compiled myself, which I keep active. This mostly concerns smaller carriers, especially in Africa. However, as AIG-OCI grows, I'll start to take apart my FLAi installation,a s there are many duplicate liveries currently installed,. which have become unnecessary as part of FLAi.

You'd think that I (or we, all those doing this type of manual organization of AI) are crazy for sinking so much time into this particular part of the sim. But I have to say, not only do I find it incredibly fun, it's immensely satisfying to open the sim and see all the activity buzzing around. I keep my AI airline slider at 100%, and flying in and out of large airports like LAX is incredibly exciting. Believe it or not, but even with these amounts of AI, there still is plenty of parking space. The AI is not actually clogging up the airports.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I'll add something here about GA AI traffic. My T 6 has a worldwide GA traffic BGL. One should either leave that enabled or use AI Flight Planner to substitute better models, such as those by HTAI.

Between all of the UGA and other various freeware GA packages around, there's no shortage of quality GA ai available. The HTAI singles traffic bgl while not freeware from back in the day is a major help.

29 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Between all of the UGA and other various freeware GA packages around, there's no shortage of quality GA ai available. The HTAI singles traffic bgl while not freeware from back in the day is a major help.

What are you using for flightplans for the singles?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I use HTAI singles pack which adds AI Cessna singles all over the planet and was an incredible deal for $10 I think it was back in the day. Most if not all of the models have also been converted for P3dv4 thanks to the ORBX AI freeware pack. There are also tons of various AI Piper singles and twins to use. There's just no ugly down the sim with MyT6 or UTL GA.

Sure we are missing some newer biz jet and other GA models, but there are just so many that ARE available to use.

Is there something I can do to improve performance? Currently I am in p3d v4.5 and when I set AI traffic to 1% at any major airport like uk2000 Heathrow or Aerosoft eddf my fps drops down to 10 to 13 using qw787 or fsl a320. If I set AI to 0, I gain back a lot of fps. It sometimes goes back up to 22 fps. 

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

Bilal Asif Khan