Sign in to follow this  
MDFlier

Thank you for AI Manager, AIG. I have AI. Lots of it!

AIG traffic is great. I've been a long-time UTL user and got sick of places like Corfu being completely empty most of the time, so I downloaded and installed a bunch of airlines via OCI to supplement UTL's offering and was very impressed.

However, after experiencing a lot of CTDs in 4.5 HF1, I uninstalled all of the schedule via AI manager. Sadly, this seemed to fix the problem. 

Has anyone had experiences of CTDs caused by AIG stuff, and been able to find a solution that doesn't involve uninstalling it all?

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

5 hours ago, mrfilbert said:

Has anyone had experiences of CTDs caused by AIG stuff, and been able to find a solution that doesn't involve uninstalling it all?

I've been using it since Jan 23rd of this year, and I have never had a single CTD.

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

9 hours ago, mrfilbert said:

AIG traffic is great. I've been a long-time UTL user and got sick of places like Corfu being completely empty most of the time, so I downloaded and installed a bunch of airlines via OCI to supplement UTL's offering and was very impressed.

However, after experiencing a lot of CTDs in 4.5 HF1, I uninstalled all of the schedule via AI manager. Sadly, this seemed to fix the problem. 

This is most likely due to an incompatible model that's somehow managed to sneak through.

There's a program called AI-aircraft editor that you can use to check that all of your models are at least FSX compatible. I recall having to delete a certain embrear that caused numerous CTDs on my system

16 hours ago, mrfilbert said:

Yes. There's a problem with FSUIPC when you're using Radar Contact or AISeparation software in conjunction with AIGAIM that is inserting a ton of traffic into P3D. You may want to revert to an earlier version of FSUIPC and you can track this thread.

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/87086-p3d-v45-or-44-crash-with-aiseparation-or-rc4/

Edited by Drumcode

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

10 hours ago, ha5mvo said:

There's a program called AI-aircraft editor that you can use to check that all of your models are at least FSX compatible.

Thanks for the tip. I've downloaded it and will run future AIG packages through it.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Drumcode said:

Yes. There's a problem with FSUIPC when you're using Radar Contact or AISeparation software in conjunction with AIGAIM that is inserting a ton of traffic into P3D. You may want to revert to an earlier version of FSUIPC and you can track this thread.

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/87086-p3d-v45-or-44-crash-with-aiseparation-or-rc4/

Thanks for the pointer. I'd come across people talking about FSUIPC problems. I don't personally have it installed, but I do use Pro-ATC X. Could that have anything to do with it?

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, mrfilbert said:

Thanks for the pointer. I'd come across people talking about FSUIPC problems. I don't personally have it installed, but I do use Pro-ATC X. Could that have anything to do with it?

I don't know, I only know of FSUIPC issue as I'm having it.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Is there a way to recompile the flightplans within AIG after theyre downloaded?  I forgot to set the compiler activity before I set everything up 😞

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

15 hours ago, pegruder said:

Is there a way to recompile the flightplans within AIG after theyre downloaded?  I forgot to set the compiler activity before I set everything up 😞

Use AIFP to edit and recompile.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Just to get this straight... I don't want to mess with recompiling bgls or anything. Can I leave AIG setting on 1%, 1% and P3D traffic slider on 2% (so I get everything) and limit number of AI planes via FSUIPC? Any downside of doing it like this?

56 minutes ago, 0Artur0 said:

Any downside of doing it like this?

It will work just fine. The only downside I can see is that you then have no control over which aircraft are removed or will remain. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

56 minutes ago, 0Artur0 said:

Just to get this straight... I don't want to mess with recompiling bgls or anything. Can I leave AIG setting on 1%, 1% and P3D traffic slider on 2% (so I get everything) and limit number of AI planes via FSUIPC? Any downside of doing it like this?

Keep in mind that the P3d4 activity level is in percent. The percent when flying over the Yukon and the same percent when flying over London are too entirely different numbers. That's the problem with using activity level as a percentages of maximum. The FSUIPC5 option limits the absolute number of AI aircraft within the user's reality bubble (a fixed distance form the user aircraft). It basically clips  any aircraft above the limit. Hence you may still see 1 or 2 AI aircraft in low traffic regions of the globe and only the limit (let's say 100, which is a nice round number) near big international airports.

I am thinking of moving from UTXL ( when I do my re-install)  to this tool.

Did some research and looks very promising ( especially with updated liviries)

Just want to make sure that when using this tool , that no core Flightsim files get modified ( e.g. all files can be saved outside the main FS folder).

So just in case you get a CTD  or other issues  , you can easily delete various models and stuff outside the main sim folders

20 hours ago, planechaser said:

I am thinking of moving from UTXL ( when I do my re-install)  to this tool.

Did some research and looks very promising ( especially with updated liviries)

Just want to make sure that when using this tool , that no core Flightsim files get modified ( e.g. all files can be saved outside the main FS folder).

So just in case you get a CTD  or other issues  , you can easily delete various models and stuff outside the main sim folders

My P3D is installed on E: and all of the AIG files and folders are installed on my G: disk

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's