Sign in to follow this  
jt8d9a

Spectr-Aero SP-30

...has been released! Looks very interesting but a little bit pricey. Has anybody bought her and can recommend her?

• Upvote 1

I bought it just two hours ago, will probably take her for a ride tonight or at the weekend. From what I've seen, it should be at least as sophisticated as the SF-260 by Jrollon/Simcoders.

I’ve done several flights so far and really like everything about it. I’m partial, because I’ve flown a CH-701 and it was quite fun to fly. This is a very good representation. The systems depth is excellent, as are the visuals. The FM is very good. I get a sense of inertia while flying this plane that is missing or subdued in many other addons. 

It is pricy, but I’m happy with the purchase. Always risky to buy from new developers, but this model was released in a very polished state, so that’s a good sign. 

I haven’t bought the SF-260 yet, but both the price and the quality seem comparable. I’ll buy it soon, I think.  I just have a preference for backcountry bush flying...so this one came first. 

Are you abel to start this thing? I cant imagine its that hard to get the engine running IRL. No quickstart on this and my menues are partly russian, wich not really helps. The rest is very good IMHO.

I have no trouble starting it.  Have you read the manual?  Pull the mixture all the way out to start it.  It will go in automatically, and then you don't touch it again (it will cut the engine off).  Not sure what menu you're meaning.  I don't have anything in Russian.

Edited by Griphos

Sure wish a version with just the flight model was available.  All the gadgetry is impressive, I guess but not my cup of tea.