Sign in to follow this  
Rhallanger

Landing AI aircraft are descending below runway

I have noticed several times that AI aircraft landing on runways continues to sink (descend) below the runway and out of view.  On one instance I could only see the top part of the airliner's tail navigating through the airport.

Anyone else experience this and any solutions found?

Edited by Rhallanger
Better title

At what airport do you see that?

I have seen that too, but still haven't found out why.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

12 minutes ago, jlund said:

I have seen that too, but still haven't found out why.

At what airport?

OK, don't know what to say but problem is fixed.  I had left my computer on for a day.  I tried shutting down P3D and restarting fresh boot and problem went away.  Don't know what caused it to happen in first place but a fresh reboot of P3D did the trick.

1 hour ago, XCSWxcsw said:

Almost at all airports,only the landing plane will be like this. I tried the public xml, but also that,

See the PSXT Manual section 1.2 Disclaimer:

" Runways that lay higher than the surroundings, such as KFSO and LPMA (with the sea) may cause problems with landings at certain QNHs. They may come in to low, due to the incorrect height above ground measurements, just before the runway."

11 hours ago, kiek said:

See the PSXT Manual section 1.2 Disclaimer:

" Runways that lay higher than the surroundings, such as KFSO and LPMA (with the sea) may cause problems with landings at certain QNHs. They may come in to low, due to the incorrect height above ground measurements, just before the runway."

Is there any solution about it?

7 hours ago, XCSWxcsw said:

Is there any solution about it?

No. 

It occurs so seldemly that this seems to be a minor problem, one has to live with it. Go to an airport that does not have these sudden altitide changes just in front of the runway or wait for a change in the wind direction, hence aircraft will land from the other side 🙂