Sign in to follow this  
floydcox

Export to GTN

I cannot export flight plans from pilot2atc to the FPLN folder of the Reality XP GTN, the export page just sits there until I uncheck the export option. The program exports to the Reality GNS 530 folder just fine but not to the GTN 750. Any others having this?

I tried the export to my FMS plans folder with no issues running 2507.   Must be something wrong with the path your the intended folder.  Suggest just try any folder.  I don't know what a Reality XP gtn folder might be. 

Try running in administrator mode for a quick test and try the export again.

On 1/25/2019 at 3:46 PM, floydcox said:

I cannot export flight plans from pilot2atc to the FPLN folder of the Reality XP GTN, the export page just sits there until I uncheck the export option. The program exports to the Reality GNS 530 folder just fine but not to the GTN 750. Any others having this?

Hello,

Same here, not working for me, other exports work fine but not Reality XP GTN.

Mike

You can export to a different location and then move the file?   What is the output file and path?  If the file is open by the x Plane aircraft or application then it cannot be  updated.

You will have to provide more information about GTN 750 as I don't have it.  Which export is select on the export menu?  What is the path entered.  

32 minutes ago, JeB1952 said:

You can export to a different location and then move the file?   What is the output file and path?  If the file is open by the x Plane aircraft or application then it cannot be  updated.

You will have to provide more information about GTN 750 as I don't have it.  Which export is select on the export menu?  What is the path entered.  

Hello,

This is the location where the Reality XP GTN expects to find the *.gfp flight plans, which can then be imported;

C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases\FPLN\

This is the path that I have set in the Export Paths and Selection setting, I'll try and export to a another location and see if that works.

Mike

I think the problem is being in ProgramData.  This is a protected location.  If even possible Pilot2ATC must be run as administrator.  If possible install this Garmin product in another location.

11 minutes ago, JeB1952 said:

I think the problem is being in ProgramData.  This is a protected location.  If even possible Pilot2ATC must be run as administrator.  If possible install this Garmin product in another location.

Hi,

Don't think that is the issue; just changed the path and tried to export to C:\temp\ but no joy, still not exporting.

Later: Just got it to work by only having the export to GTN option ticked, seems to be only exporting the fist ticked path and not others below this.

Mike

Edited by mikea

I setup GTN to export into programdata and no problems.

Basics here.  Download and re-run the update installer for pilot2atc.

There are many posts for where the logs are located if you can find one.  I think the logs hold the clue here.

If you have a route I can enter to match your flight plan I would give it a test.  I just used any route I have.  It is not impossible for a route to bother pilot2atc.

2 hours ago, JeB1952 said:

I setup GTN to export into programdata and no problems.

Basics here.  Download and re-run the update installer for pilot2atc.

There are many posts for where the logs are located if you can find one.  I think the logs hold the clue here.

Hi,

I can also get it to export to the GTN if it's the only export option ticked. Are you saying that with multiple export options ticked that it still exports to the GTN?

Mike

I have export for A320 Navigraph corte.in.  Added gfp no problem

I tried with only gfp and worked,  gfp with a320 worked.

No problems I could find but hey they is success at this point.  Which are enabled for you?

May be a bug but this will have to wait for awhile as Dave is still in recovery.

15 minutes ago, JeB1952 said:

I have export for A320 Navigraph corte.in.  Added gfp no problem

I tried with only gfp and worked,  gfp with a320 worked.

No problems I could find but hey they is success at this point.  Which are enabled for you?

May be a bug but this will have to wait for awhile as Dave is still in recovery.

Hi,

If I have P3D - .pln selected then that is the only one exported, all others are ignored.

Mike

Please Save the flight plan you are trying to Export in .vbf format and email to me at admin@pilot2atc.com.  It sounds like something is throwing an error in the export to .pln format.

I can then try and replicate the issue and fix it for the next update.

Thanks,

Dave

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 7:19 PM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Please Save the flight plan you are trying to Export in .vbf format and email to me at admin@pilot2atc.com.  It sounds like something is throwing an error in the export to .pln format.

I can then try and replicate the issue and fix it for the next update.

Thanks,

Dave

Update;

Solved, now exporting fine, just needed to run as Admin as suggested by Dave.

Thanks

Mike