Sign in to follow this  
Fleahead

Help Request: GTN750 and Carenado A36 3D Cockpit

I am able to install the 750 into Carenado's A36 [Window00] panel, and by manipulating the panel.cfg I got rid of the A36 default 430 bezel completely. However, I can't do anything with the  [Vcockpit03] view. Now matter what I remove or change, I can't get rid of the 430 bezel, or is it even possible to have the 750 replace the default A36 GPS units?

Here is what I did to panel.cfg to get the 2D window to work:

[Window00]
Background_color=49,49,49 
size_mm=500,520
window_size_ratio=1.000  
position=0
visible=0
ident=794
window_size= 0.320, 0.444
window_pos= 0.020, 0.505
zorder=0

//gauge00=rxpGTN!GTN_750_1, 2, 0,500,266
gauge00=rxpGTN!GTN_750_1, 2, 0,500,520
//gauge01=CarenadoG430_3D_A36!GNS430_nc2,  3,252,500,266
gauge02=BA36!Toggle_GPS,  115,38,274,164
gauge03=BA36!Toggle_GPS,  114,291,278,164

Here is the Vcockpit I last tried,. I believe the 750 is there but the 430 is covering it up:

[Vcockpit03]
Background_color=0,0,0 
//size_mm=512,512
size_mm=500,520
visible=0
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$Panel_bon_4_N

gauge00=rxpGTN!GTN_750_1,172,68,500,520
//gauge01=CarenadoG430_3D_A36!GNS430_nc2,  172,248,337,179
gauge02=BA36!gem,  8,354,154,154

Core i9-10850K Gen10 - RTX3080 - 32G - HP Reverb G2 WMR

What remains is the 3D model of a GNS I'd guess. This is 'baked' in the cockpit 3D model so this will certainly be hard to remove anyway.

This is a limitation of how the entire concept of a 3D cockpit is designed in the simulator: it is part of a whole aircraft model, not just a separate 3D object you can add/remove via config files.

There could be workarounds to 'mitigate' this and we're started investigating different options but I can't conclude anything yet.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

6 minutes ago, RXP said:

There could be workarounds to 'mitigate' this and we're started investigating different options but I can't conclude anything yet.

Be a great to have an app similar to the old FS Panel studios only for Xplane. Just imagine that would be very complicated beings they use "3d Objects" compared to FS panels..

@Adrian123 what would be better is that we finally get the SDK supported option to do so. We've been asking for the last 6 years at least though. There are ways to 'post-process' displaying a 3D mesh, but it is prone to break at every new simulator update, especially more so with Vulkan coming up in X-Plane, and this won't solve the mouse/object interactivity needed as-is. The simulator is certainly capable of displaying any 3D mesh, with any texture, with any kind of mouse interaction, it should be just a matter (more or less) to 'open' a set of functions with permit adding these in run time and not just in a file which needs to be pre-compiled. I know there are way other limitations depending on the 3D engine which is certainly 'batching' the meshes, the textures, the shaders etc..  to limit draw calls and any late-loaded mesh could break optimizations away.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)