Sign in to follow this  
xJan45x

External View on second Monitor cause fps drop

Hello Everyone,

I want to put my PFD, ND and my EICAS Display from the VC of my 737NGX on a second Monitor. So that I get a better feeling for my small homecockpit. But there is one Problem. When I click in the Virtual Cockpit of my PMDG 737 NGX to the PFD then i get a zoomed View. That View I can release, now I can move this Window to my second Monitor but the FPS in the main view drop below 5fps and make the FSX unplayable. Sometimes the FSX crashs when I move the view to my second Monitor. 

In the settings of the FSX I have set for my Monitor zero(Main Monitor) the resolution to 1920x1080x32 no Anti Aliasing and Filtering is Anisotropic. On my second Monitor I set extacly the same setting.

Know somebody a solution for that Problem(At best without any payware external programs)?

I don't know if this important but my System this is:

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K Overclocked all Cores to 4.8GHz(AffinityMask=84)

RAM: 16GB DDR3 Dual Channel 2400 MHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI 8GB GDDR5

PSU: beQuiet 600Watt 80+ silver

FSX running on external SSD(256GB), as Admin and compatibility mode(Windows 7).

Best regards Jan Neumann

Have you tried using Fullscreen or windowed mode to see if it makes a different. I use to use FSX-se as you do and never had a problem with undocking gauges but I always used Fullscreen for FSX, now P$D it doesn't seem to matter.

48 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Have you tried using Fullscreen or windowed mode to see if it makes a different. I use to use FSX-se as you do and never had a problem with undocking gauges but I always used Fullscreen for FSX, now P$D it doesn't seem to matter.

Hi Adrian123!

Im using the FSX in Windowed Mode when I switch over Fullscreen then my fps drops to 3fps even with an default 737 Plane on a small airport. But I always using only the windowed mode, because I swap in the flight between other Apps like Navigraph Charts, IVAO Webeye etc... . What I now realised is when I undock the Primary Flight Display from the default 737 of the FSX and let it in the Main Window my fps stays constant at 30fps but when I move in the VC with EzDok or the normal FSX View System. It is not smooth anymore. I have still 30fps but the movement is like you have 10fps. If I extend only the PFD without undocking no performance Problems.

What I have applied is the UIAutomationCore.dll to my FSX.

//EDIT: For information for doing AA, Filtering, Vsync and Framerate limiting im using the NVDIA Inspector: locked at 30,5fps, Vsync 1/2 of Refresh Rate

Jan Neumann

Edited by xJan45x

52 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

I assume your using FSX and not FSX-SE?

Yes, im using the FSX Boxed Version with Acc Pack

I thought maybe so. There are quite a few FSX.cfg mods that may help your performance. I don't remember all of them now but I bet if you looked at the FSX tuning guide here you will find them, if you hadn't already don so. Nice thing about FSX-SE, all the mods had been done.

The new window is a separate windows process do you have a spare core on your cpu you could assign to it? 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

11 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

The new window is a separate windows process do you have a spare core on your cpu you could assign to it? 

Uh, I don't think FSX is that sophisticated.  I would like to know exactly how you would make this happen.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I was able to put the PFD on my second monitor in Full Screen Mode only.  There was absolutely no change in FPS but, if I tried to resize the PFD so as to be able to place the other two there, FPS dipped from 40 plus to 14 fps and the screen on the second monitor went blank.  I do not know how it is possible for you to do make this happen.  I would also like to mention that when you do move the PFD to your second monitor, the PFD in the VC no longer appears.  I do not see any advantages whatsoever of moving the displays to another monitor.  I once tried to move the GPS gauge to a second monitor and things were well until I decided to try to resize it.  Then crash or a freeze with the cursor icon just sitting there spinning away until I shutdown the sim.  I would think this would take away your enjoyment and immersion in the simulator.  There are programs where you can monitor your flight on another PC, your I-Pad, or Phone.  I would get one of them.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

3 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Uh, I don't think FSX is that sophisticated.  I would like to know exactly how you would make this happen.

Ah it wouldn't be fsx you'd assign the process with it would be windows itself. Task manager can assign processes to specific cores. But you'd have to do it every time you started a session. To do it permanently something like the following would need to be done :

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3f5c9f52-4e28-42b8-8b58-a15222e1bca6/permanently-assigning-cores-to-programs-such-as-edge?forum=win10itprohardware

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

36 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Ah it wouldn't be fsx you'd assign the process with it would be windows itself. Task manager can assign processes to specific cores.

And that is exactly why I made my comments.  FSX was never programmed to allow an object or scenery or an aircraft to be loaded on another core.  As I recall, the sim was developed using Intel's Duo 2 Core processor (and Windows Vista).  Maybe one of these days, LM will be able to assign cores with P3DV4.

Submit News to AVSIM

10 hours ago, Jim Young said:

FSX was never programmed to allow an object or scenery or an aircraft to be loaded on another core

Well true but a modern OS such as W10 can take an existing process and place it on any core the user wishes. That's why FSX runs great on my 8 core with several addons even though it wasn't designed to! The OS is still in overall control, we've moved on from DOS and Win 3.1 days where apps and game would literally take over the PC hardware.

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK