Sign in to follow this  
jt8d9a

XP 11.31

new RC is out. I had to manually update XP with the installer.

• Like 1

Alright does it include the all-new weather engine?

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

4 hours ago, Colonel X said:

11.3 is done, who knows what will be in 11.4 as they have not said, dont think there will be any more bug fixes as they have already stated most of the team are working on 11.4

Vulkan is next

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

20 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

11.3 is done, who knows what will be in 11.4 as they have not said, dont think there will be any more bug fixes as they have already stated most of the team are working on 11.4

Yep, 1.4 is the transition to Vulkan/Metal graphics, in progress. The dev blog says they're putting a hold on further optimizing for performance in 11.30, because there's no point in working on Open GL when they're about to switch over to the new graphics API. 

And that's gotta be a tongue-in-cheek comment on a new weather engine. 🙂  The magic number on that one starts with a 12, if it happens at all.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

8 hours ago, Colonel X said:

Planned for 11.32.

3 hours ago, Paraffin said:

The magic number on that one starts with a 12

X-Plane 120.0 😁

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

14 hours ago, Paraffin said:

And that's gotta be a tongue-in-cheek comment on a new weather engine. 🙂

-

23 hours ago, CarlosF said:

Vulkan is next

Can't come fast enough! Will be great to be done with Open GL.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Usually I support Laminars efforts to include a working ATC with X-Plane. Yesterday however, it was force quit time again.

For multiple times, I tried to land at LAX by getting a pop-up clearance. And every goddamned time, I was cleared and then instructed to "descend and maintain 1000 feet" (I was around CIVET at that time, nowhere close LAX), effectively vectoring me into mountains and death.

Really makes you wonder what Laminar is doing there. It's just really, really bad. I mean even hobby third party products (124th ATC) are superior to this.

Edited by Colonel X

-

1 hour ago, Colonel X said:

Really makes you wonder what Laminar is doing there. It's just really, really bad. I mean even hobby third party products (124th ATC) are superior to this.

Yep, it's one of the biggest complaints of the sim (along with seasons and weather). We were promised way back at the beginning of the X-Plane 10 run that eventually the ATC would support VFR flights as well, but it's now so long overdue that I wonder if they'll ever do anything more to it.

That being said, I never found anything particularly good for the other sims as well. Most of the paid stuff I used a few years ago would either vector me into a mountain or just do weird things. Maybe things have improved since then, but it seems nobody has really got this right yet. For VFR flights VATSIM is not particularly great, and only the largest airports are manned sporadically. There is the excellent PilotEdge, but this one is limited to the US and manned during off hours for someone in Europe.

I think if someone made a decent manned ATC service for Europe that follows European rules for a monthly subscription it would actually be pretty popular

I think that since vulkan came into play, XP's roadmap  diverted. It does makes sence to give vulkan a priority as I believe it will set the foundation for things to come. ATC, seasons and whatever else, will eventually be sorted out, maybe late XP11 (I wouldn't bet on it) or early XP12.

I for one want performance sorted out, its not there yet, maybe LR has no way of getting more out of OpenGL and thus the move to vulkan. I rather have a smooth sim with cero hiccups, than ATC or seasons. I'm sure these will eventually be offered by third party developers which I'm sure will be better than what LR will include in the sim.

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

2 hours ago, tonywob said:

Yep, it's one of the biggest complaints of the sim (along with seasons and weather). We were promised way back at the beginning of the X-Plane 10 run that eventually the ATC would support VFR flights as well, but it's now so long overdue that I wonder if they'll ever do anything more to it.

I encourage you to try out 124th ATC, it actually works really well with IFR. I just dislike having 3rd party (X-plane 10 style) windows in my sim, and it almost looks like it's abandonware as it hasn't been updated in over a year. It's still much better (real approaches anyone?) compared to vanilla ATC (especially if you manually install custom voices). I deinstalled it after having one or two CTD's which I blame the plug-in for anyway.

-

4 hours ago, Colonel X said:

Yesterday however, it was force quit time again.

I wrote force quit but I meant RAGE QUIT.

-

XP15 ATC like FSX. XP16 Wx like FSX.

ATC ain't gonna happen soon enough. 

For Europe one can always try Vatsim / X-ivap , especially for uK / Netherlands / Germany , they do have good ATC coverage , the best i found was EHAM all towers.  Usually the evening hours and weekends has a good coverage. I prefer vatsim.  Been a few years that i haven't done an online flight , might be different now.

Think XP11 cycle is very close to final just my opinion. 

They have diverted more towards Vulkan. They need to change that stupid water , the sun etc.. 

All that we wish to see or change in XP11 won't come true, i have given up on XP. 

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus