Sign in to follow this  
jt8d9a

XP 11.31

1 hour ago, HumptyDumpty said:

All that we wish to see or change in XP11 won't come true.

It has and it will, give it time.

Historically speaking, this is how XP has shown. I do have some frustrations just like you have, but wont give up on XP, what else is there, P3D? no way, I've given up on that one long time ago, I did not want to spend $$$$$$ to make it decent, and even now, it is still full of performance issues.

• Like 3

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

18 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

It has and it will, give it time.

Historically speaking, this is how XP has shown. I do have some frustrations just like you have, but wont give up on XP, what else is there, P3D? no way, I've given up on that one long time ago, I did not want to spend $$$$$$ to make it decent, and even now, it is still full of performance issues.

P3dlol or AFS2 no chance i would even consider of using them. They don't have the light. 

do understand that xp  has come a long way and it being a small team they have done a fantastic job , at least to me it's a big difference from XP10 to 11. But there are certain quirks that for me are very irritating.

by giving up i meant not expecting anything and just using it the way it is.  Yes the only thing right now that i expect from LR is vulkan being ported.

This is the only civil capable of good heli flying. and 95% is heli for me. 

Vulkan and the Wx if they can sort these two i will be a happy pilot. I don't care much for ATC. 

• Like 4

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

3 hours ago, HumptyDumpty said:

Think XP11 cycle is very close to final just my opinion. 

A better word might be "stable" for the next couple of years, but I know what you mean.

This will help developers. I think the flight and engine tweaks are probably done now as of 11.30, at least anything that would prevent devs like Carenado from finalizing their v11 models. It's been a moving target until now, and that's caused some delays in upgrading their fleet. I'm sure it's affected other aircraft developers too.

Vulkan/Metal will affect anything else that uses 3D in the sim. That might be why HiFi is delaying their cloud depiction package for ActiveSky until later this year. Other weather add-ons will probably be affected too, if they use any 3D elements. 

And then we'll have a year or two to coast on a stable platform while Laminar works out what they want in XP12. Weather and seasons would be the big draw, but who knows? It was 4 years from XP10 to XP11, which went final in March 2017. That would put XP12's release somewhere in the first quarter of 2021 if it's on a similar schedule. Maybe a public beta in November 2020.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

5 hours ago, Colonel X said:

I just dislike having 3rd party (X-plane 10 style) windows in my sim, and it almost looks like it's abandonware as it hasn't been updated in over a year.

You just haven't dug deep enough. The latest RCs have terrain avoidance, manual SID/STAR selection and some underlying changes. Some releases are a bit crashy (for me at least), but they tend to work.

http://forum.124thatc.matacchieri.eu/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Very interesting, thanks for the link! Does it come with XP11s interface style?

Really annoying though it cannot crash on its own and has to take XP down, too...

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

19 hours ago, Colonel X said:

Very interesting, thanks for the link! Does it come with XP11s interface style?

No.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Tried it last night but then something rather weird was happening when sat at the gate - the aircraft was gradually drifting across the airport despite supposedly being stationary. I guess it could have been either the aircraft (JAR A320) or weather engine (xEnviro) but rolling back to 11.30 seemed to do the trick.

I think if you can put up with a JAR, you should be able to deal with some minor drifting.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Has anyone experienced, with this beta build (11.31), CTD?  I can not go longer than 15 minutes without experiencing a CDT.  

Edited by gpf3m

On 1/28/2019 at 11:29 AM, Paraffin said:

A better word might be "stable" for the next couple of years, but I know what you mean.

This will help developers. I think the flight and engine tweaks are probably done now as of 11.30, at least anything that would prevent devs like Carenado from finalizing their v11 models. It's been a moving target until now, and that's caused some delays in upgrading their fleet. I'm sure it's affected other aircraft developers too.

Vulkan/Metal will affect anything else that uses 3D in the sim. That might be why HiFi is delaying their cloud depiction package for ActiveSky until later this year. Other weather add-ons will probably be affected too, if they use any 3D elements. 

And then we'll have a year or two to coast on a stable platform while Laminar works out what they want in XP12. Weather and seasons would be the big draw, but who knows? It was 4 years from XP10 to XP11, which went final in March 2017. That would put XP12's release somewhere in the first quarter of 2021 if it's on a similar schedule. Maybe a public beta in November 2020.

Austin has more flight dynamics tweaks for 11.40! Carenado will never be stable! lol........ 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

11 minutes ago, strider1 said:

Austin has more flight dynamics tweaks for 11.40

LOL....I wonder what Austin offered as aircraft in ver 1,2,3,4,5, 6,7,8.....bricks with wings?? I started with XP in v9 so I wouldn't know.  More tweaks to flight dynamics, man, kinda feel bad for carenado and the other aircraft developers. When will all this tweaking going to stop, so developers can catch up.

Edited by CarlosF

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

12 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

LOL....I wonder what Austin offered as aircraft in ver 1,2,3,4,5, 6,7,8.....bricks with wings?? I started with XP in v9 so I wouldn't know.  More tweaks to flight dynamics, man, kinda feel bad for carenado and the other aircraft developers. When will all this tweaking going to stop, so developers can catch up.

They get to catch up at intervals. 😊

As far as I can tell, Austin saves the major engine and flight model tweaks, like adding the new turboprop varieties in 11.30, for the periodic milestone releases. Between those major updates is just bug squashing and minor stuff that doesn't drastically change the .acf file. He usually doesn't break anything except at predictable intervals.

It's rough on add-on developers, but I'd rather have a constantly improving sim than something locked in amber like FSX that's perfect for developers, but never improves the fundamentals.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Besides, now there is a Use Experimental flight model in the options, remember? So anyone with that flagged can have the flight dynamics broken by Austin, everybody else doesn't 😛

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

The experimental flight model is really nice...it appears they corrected the ground effect so the landings will float and flair some now instead of pancaking on the runway.

On January 26, 2019 at 3:31 AM, jt8d9a said:

new RC is out. I had to manually update XP with the installer.