Sign in to follow this  
DEHowie

Reality XP GTN 750 install how?

G'day

Picked up the most excellent GTN750 from RXP but i for the life of me cant find install instructions for it anywhere.

There are numerous files for the panel mentioning Reality750 cfg etc and xml files but i cannot find any mention of exactly how to use them?

Am i just going blind??

Anyhelp would be great there is no mention of various panel setups in the console etc there is a GPS button but does nothing when clicked..

The GTN instructions on the FSW page are oly for the Flight 1 version.

Thanks

Darren

Edited by DEHowie

Darren Howie

Disregard found it jut copying the panel cfg file worked...

Darren Howie

4 hours ago, DEHowie said:

G'day

Picked up the most excellent GTN750 from RXP but i for the life of me cant find install instructions for it anywhere.

There are numerous files for the panel mentioning Reality750 cfg etc and xml files but i cannot find any mention of exactly how to use them?

Am i just going blind??

Anyhelp would be great there is no mention of various panel setups in the console etc there is a GPS button but does nothing when clicked..

The GTN instructions on the FSW page are oly for the Flight 1 version.

Thanks

Darren

What aircraft? 

After installing the latest Lear35 or the Falcon50 there should be a Management tool folder on your desktop (FLYSIMWARE Lear35 Info or FLYSIMWARE Flacon 50 Info). Inside that folder you will find a Management Tool exe file that you should run after the sim is loaded. This tool will offer a number of GPS choices that can be loaded assuming you own the third party GPS (the GNS 530 is included with the a/c).

Al

Edited by ark

On 1/26/2019 at 4:41 AM, DEHowie said:

Disregard found it jut copying the panel cfg file worked...

Yes no need to copy the config in that folder as the desktop tool does that for you.

Yeah, just found this tool after reading this post. Never thought to look about the screen for a Flysimware folder with a tool inside it. Found the tool for the falcon50. Did not work at first...then I saw where there is Flight1 and RXP section. Once I used the correct section, all working well.  Where do I find the Lear 35 tool, as not on the screen? I used the Add-ons tab for it and worked, but maybe not correct for the Lear config?

Now, need to find the post about config of the GTN750 in dash screen as way to bright, compared to popup, then should be about all correct and back out of the hanger.

Geoff Bryce

3 hours ago, por930 said:

Now, need to find the post about config of the GTN750 in dash screen as way to bright

You can do this by altering the F1GTN.ini file in your Airplane folder ie … VC Brightness=3 or through the F1 Config tool.

bob

8 hours ago, onebob said:

You can do this by altering the F1GTN.ini file in your Airplane folder ie … VC Brightness=3 or through the F1 Config tool.

bob

He‘s got the RXP GTN, so altering F1GTN.ini will most likely do no good.

In the Lear, bring up the GTN 750 and Shift-Leftclick on the upper bezel part. That will bring up the RXP config where you can access all the settings.

Dave P. Woycek

43 minutes ago, bpcw001 said:

He‘s got the RXP GTN, so altering F1GTN.ini will most likely do no good.

In the Lear, bring up the GTN 750 and Shift-Leftclick on the upper bezel part. That will bring up the RXP config where you can access all the settings.

Hi Dave, yes noticed that this afternoon, getting a bit mixed up, do the usual, blame it on old age.

I've recently gone back to the Flight1 gtn after they updated ( caught up with RXP ) their Gtn ( ver 2.09) which picks up the latest and same version of the Garmin Trainer. I'll see how the Flight1 GTN goes.

Thanks for noting that 

regards bob

4 hours ago, onebob said:

Hi Dave, yes noticed that this afternoon, getting a bit mixed up, do the usual, blame it on old age.

I've recently gone back to the Flight1 gtn after they updated ( caught up with RXP ) their Gtn ( ver 2.09) which picks up the latest and same version of the Garmin Trainer. I'll see how the Flight1 GTN goes.

Thanks for noting that 

regards bob

@onebob @bpcw001Hi Dave, Bob, YES...that was(is) my issue, I was bringing up the F1GTN.ini and making changes there, and of course seeing no changes. And as Dave mentioned, I of course do not have the F1 version, but the RXP....and as Jean-Luc politely said, RTFM..I am guilty of that, as I find the forum usually has solutions for people(like me) not maybe understanding what is in the manual and seeking further explanations. So, I will once again delve into the manual. Yes, Dave, I had forgotten about the  Shift-Leftclick on the upper bezel part to bring up its settings. I have just fired up my flight sim machine to examine further. 

Geoff Bryce