Sign in to follow this  
gstraight

MCE Co Pilot Just Starts Saying Things

OK, second time to see if anyone knows what is going on. I have the FSLABS A320 sitting at KATL on ground power as I read and try to figure out MCE. As I am sitting there, with the microphone OFF, the co-pilot starts rambling away. Several minutes of silence then she says "Slats Retracted" about 7 times in a row, then she says "Slats Extended". Wait a bit and she says some flaps command, can't understand what she is saying other than the word "Flaps". She repeats that about 7 times over a short period of time. Shortly after that she says. "Channel to Managed Mode", twice. Then it sounds like she said she had a bad night. 

Anyway you get the drift. The program is unusable to me if the co-pilot starts making random settings. I know there are many people that rave about this program and I hope I am one of them, f someone can just tell me how to stop this issue.

Thanks

1 hour ago, gstraight said:

OK, second time to see if anyone knows what is going on. I have the FSLABS A320 sitting at KATL on ground power as I read and try to figure out MCE. As I am sitting there, with the microphone OFF, the co-pilot starts rambling away. Several minutes of silence then she says "Slats Retracted" about 7 times in a row, then she says "Slats Extended". Wait a bit and she says some flaps command, can't understand what she is saying other than the word "Flaps". She repeats that about 7 times over a short period of time. Shortly after that she says. "Channel to Managed Mode", twice. Then it sounds like she said she had a bad night. 

Anyway you get the drift. The program is unusable to me if the co-pilot starts making random settings. I know there are many people that rave about this program and I hope I am one of them, f someone can just tell me how to stop this issue.

Thanks

Since nobody else has reported a similar issue, and the speech reco in MCE hasn't been touched for a while, it's fair to assume something might be wrong with your hardware, speech profile or MCE being set on the wrong input device.

It appears FO is "hearing things" and the audio input isn't disabled, the only way it could happen.

I suggest the following.

Run the "assign sound device tool". Windows Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Assign sound device.

This will ensure MCE sets the speech engine to listen on the correct device. You may have more than one device (webcam with built-in mike or other).

Go to Windows Control Panel and start <Speech recognition> applet.

On the let pane, click "Advanced speech options".

In "speech properties", click <New> button to create a brand new speech profile. Name it after your current headset.

Once it's listed, tick the box to make it active.

You now have a brand new speech profile that needs to be trained from scratch.

Start by calibrating your microphone.

Then use our speech trainer program to fine tune your profile.

Windows Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Speech Training.

Do not overdo speech training. One session per topic should be enough

• Upvote 1

Well you go Sir,

I did what you described and found out that the co-pilot was listening in on the Oculus Rift microphone. All is well now.

No you are not the only one that this is happening to gstraight. I can be just sitting at the parking trying to go through pre flight checklists and the mce f/o just starts rambling. I am saying to myself I haven't said anything. It's very very frustrating. It ruins the entire experience. I have done all the voice training and still the same. If you find a solution let me know also. I use p3d v3, on Microsoft 10 software. FS++ I will try what you suggested and see if that works. 

Edited by speterson1538