Sign in to follow this  
seahorse

CTD when calling "Light and Doors"

Hi Bryan,

I don't know if FS2Crew keeps any logs, if so, I will happy to provide them.
I only get this error when calling the "Light and Doors", so maybe you have any ideas?
Hereafter you will find the error message from the EventViewer

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3
Faulting module name: API.DLL, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e180d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000175fd
Faulting process id: 0x11a4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4b487a9810ae4
Faulting application path: C:\FlightSimX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\FlightSimX\API.DLL
Report Id: 28723394-208d-11e9-bdc0-448a5b9c68ea

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3
Faulting module name: API.DLL, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e180d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000175fd
Faulting process id: 0x1288
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4b577694d175a
Faulting application path: C:\FlightSimX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\FlightSimX\API.DLL
Report Id: 20908f88-217b-11e9-b440-448a5b9c68ea

Cheers,
Luc

Luc Jonckheere

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 - Intel Core i7 4790K / 4.4GHz - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO - Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - 2 x Western Digital Black, 2 TB

MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti Gaming - Cooler Master V1000

Windows 7 prof/ 64b - FSX sp2 - UTX eur - GEX eur - PMDG 737NGX

Hi Brian,

twice at the same airport, I will test further and keep you informed.
Cheers,
Luc

Luc Jonckheere

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 - Intel Core i7 4790K / 4.4GHz - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO - Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - 2 x Western Digital Black, 2 TB

If you're at an airport that uses extremely heavy textures - some do - you could possibly be running out of memory.

That might explain the randomness of it.

This is a plus for P3D 64 bits over FSX.  It's has twice the available memory space.

Hi Bryan,

I did a few more flights ans so far no CTD anymore.
Not that I'm blaming FS2Crew (I wouldn't dare) but in all my years I never ever experience any CTD or OOM until I installed FS2Crew reboot.

Could you tell me what would the max VAS FS2Crew is using? May be I was always close to the limit and that pushed me over?

Cheers,
Luc

Luc Jonckheere

There's a thread somewhere that shows the VAS.  In the General section I recall.

It's not much VAS.

You could have been very close to the edge before, and your airport pushed it over.

The real enemy of VAS is heavy textures and photo real scenery, at least in FSX.

P3D V4 has double the memory limit, so it's not an issue in that sim.

Got an other CTD again this morning after engine start.
Remaining VAS reported by FSUIPC just before CTD is "Monitor IPC:024C (S32) = 1619744"

Luc Jonckheere

On 2/7/2019 at 3:17 AM, byork said:

P3D V4 has double the memory limit

32 bit (FSX) = 2^32 = 4294967296 bytes

64 bit(P3DV4) = 2^64 = 18446744073709551616

double the exponent =/= double the result.

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

All,

I honestly don't know what is wrong with you people keeping slamming the same nail and trying to push me P3d V4 through the nose.

I officially bought the FS2Crew Reboot FSX version, therefore I 'm in title to receive support for that product without having to be pointed out that there're other platforms available.

I never, I repeat NEVER, had any OOM or CTD for the last 4 years (since installation) until I installed FS2Crew Reboot on my system.
I understand that this no legal proof that your product is the cause, but as it only started after installation of said product I think it's fair to assume that it is the cause of the problem.

I'm also the happy owner of FS2Crew Voice commander for Level-D 767 with which I never had any problems, except the known bug with the pushback.

Brian, I honestly have enough of your way trying to "solve" a problem by trying to convince me to switch to P3d v4. Moreover, ironically enough, another user reported the exact same problem with commands not being executed on ....... P3d!

I therefore humbly request to be refunded for FS2Crew Reboot I bought which only gives me problems and where you clearly are not interested in solving the problem. You even never asked for any log files.

I will do whatever it takes to give you the necessary assurance that I will not use your product after I received the refund. Actually the fact that I continuously get CTD's and you not willing or able to solve this should be assurance enough to you.

Respectfully yours,

Luc Jonckheere

Luc Jonckheere

Your CTD report pointed to the API dll.

Please see this:

My best advice is to turn your sliders down a bit.  You're pushing your system too hard in all likelihood with heavy scenery, AI traffic, etc.

Sliders left a bit will help your cause a lot probably.

Again Brian,

why do you keep insisting. I didn't buy FS2Crew just o change all my settings to not have issues. As stated before, I never had any problems until I installed FS2Crew.

So if you don't want to give me a refund I guess i just gone have to eat it. I'm sure you're more in need for the money than me, right?

Luc Jonckheere

Yes I did read it, I actually already went through the Avsim CTD guide when I got my first CTD when it happened the first time I started FSX after installing FS2Crew Reboot. So the ever first time I got a CTD was the first time I ran FSX after intalling FS2Crew Reboot.

And if you are in any doubt, I really want this to work, much more then get my money back. Why did you think I bought this in the first place? And it's not that I didn't know what I was buying, as said before, I'm the happy owner of the FS2Crew LevelD Voice commander.

And if there're any changes to my fsx.cfg than FS2Crew made them, certainly not me. So what changes are you making.
And why should I reduce sliders? I have to reduce "my experience" just to be able to run FS2Crew even if I never had any issues before?

Cheers,

Luc

Luc Jonckheere

I don't know if lowing your sliders will help, but I'm guessing it might.

FSX can be a house of cards and when people pile addons on top of other addons, things can get complex.

My guess is you were probably running FSX right at the edge with heavy scenery, AI traffic, etc.  You added FS2Crew to the mix, and in certain situations with heavy airport scenery (possibly even photo real scenery) you pushed FSX over the edge.

That would explain the apparent randomness of your CTDs.

I've been making addons for a long time, and that's my best guess. 

But I could be wrong: FSX has a million moving parts and all it takes is for one of them to be off for things to come crashing down. 

I personally almost never get CTDs, but I don't push system with a million addons.

Just for fun, try turning down your sliders (especially the texture size one).  See if it helps.  You can always turn them back up.