Sign in to follow this  
garyzink

ChasePlane stuck on a monitor?

Hi Guys, I'm new to ChasePlane, just bought it and love it. I'm running P3Dv4.4 on Windows 10 and the latest version of ChasePlane. I have 3 scenery monitors and an instruments monitor below. Scenery is on view labeled "Onboard (ChasePlane) View 00", instruments monitor view is labeled "Onboard (ChasePlane) View 01". I'd I'd like to put my cockpit instruments onto my instruments monitor but I don't know how to make ChasePlane switch to my instruments monitor. Spent several days searching in this forum and in the ChasePlane users guide for an answer. I thought that ChasePlane would simply switch to the active window when I mouse click the instruments window (or select View 01 from P3D Views), and let me make camera adjustments in whichever window is active. What happens, instead of the active instruments window responding, the scenery monitor camera is responding. How can I tell ChasePlane which window I'm adjusting the camera in? Do I need to close the instrument monitor's view 01 and reopen it so ChasePlane can recognize it? Answer must be simple, I just never found it. Thanks in advance for any ideas or solution.  Gary

There's another similar thread here if you search about using multiple monitors with CP. It's not supported I'm afraid. So to get it to work you're on your own. Sorry that's not a helpful reply! 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Thanks Russell, your tip will start me into my own discovery trek. When I find a workable solution, I'll post it.

Gary

5 hours ago, garyzink said:

Thanks Russell, your tip will start me into my own discovery trek. When I find a workable solution, I'll post it.

Gary

Welcome Gary! Although I don't use multiple monitors myself anymore it sounds like an interesting challenge so definitely let us know how you get on or if you get stuck and want hints. An interesting idea would be to remotely control the views from a separate computer like a laptop. You might need to write your own software to do this! 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

I never tried to control my 2 instrument monitors via a laptop. Interesting concept. See them below my scenery monitors at

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=F3C4295CF1300AA0&id=F3C4295CF1300AA0!19762&parId=F3C4295CF1300AA0!2439&o=OneUp

I understand ChasePlane cannot manage more than one monitor, so P3Dv5 is managing my two instrument monitors.Overhead monitor is used for my EFB.

Gary