Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[26JAN19] It is Saturday. Let's have share some PBR!

I remember PBR Robert.

But this PBR lighting, I really can't see any difference.  Do you think you could post side by side shots of PBR and non-PBR and maybe point out the differences?  If you want to and have the time.

Jack Sawyer

Just now, Jack_Sawyer said:

I remember PBR Robert.

But this PBR lighting, I really can't see any difference.  Do you think you could post side by side shots of PBR and non-PBR and maybe point out the differences?  If you want to and have the time.

The pictures never really do it justice. It's more of a thing you have to see in the sim, as it's really clear as the camera angle changes.

Side by side pictures of no-PBR versus PBR help a little, too.

This one shows it pretty well, in that you can see the change in how it renders the shiny surface on the skin versus the joints:

PMDG_744_PBR_8.jpg

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Kyle, I would love to see side by side with red arrows pointing out the difference, if not possible then that’s ok.

Jack Sawyer

23 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Thanks Kyle, I would love to see side by side with red arrows pointing out the difference, if not possible then that’s ok.

I'll mention it to the crew!

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

Jack,

I know what you mean when you say that you aren't sure you can see it.  When Jason started sending progress images over to the rest of the team, I sorta looked at them and made approving noises because I figured everyone else must be seeing something I wasn't...

Then he sent over a live model, and I loaded it in the sim expecting to have the same experience- and instead I was blown away.

If you walk outside and look at a car driving by- you are entirely unaware of how much light and reflection there is on that car- until you take all of that surface light-play away. 

I'm not sure I have time to put together comparison images- but when you see it "in sim" I suggest you tie your shoes on extra tight because it will knock your socks off.

• Like 5

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Y'all missed a good opportunity to fly the MAX in formation and get it in the reflection.

Alex Pugh

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

Then he sent over a live model, and I loaded it in the sim expecting to have the same experience- and instead I was blown away.

Fully Agree!

You can't fully appreciate the experience in screenshots, period.

The best I could do when I put out my 1st metal PBR paint was to get some angles that I could highlight just what to look for....like the ones in this post.

Getting low ground shots while taxiing and seeing the taxi lines, signs, buildings, ramp traffic zipping by in the the reflection of the aircraft's fuse will simply...well blow you away like RR said. 🙂

Can't wait to see my Flying Tigers paint in PBR!

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I’m with you on this Robert it’s like you said seeing it on a picture or photo is absolutely completely different from seeing it in the sim.I don’t have PBR but i know if i buff up the graphics in the sim and do a outside view and turn the plane around 360 you see all the lighting and sun reflections on the QOTS and all wonderful stuff and this PBR will be iceing on the cake even more so.🥳😊

Zdenek  Cebis

Thanks for the update! I was just wondering if this update will only be for the 747-400/8? Or will the B77L be updated later on?

Thanks, Robert Diaz

Would you not prefer instead the champagne of bottled beers? MHL?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Just to my previous message Robert i just can’t stop looking at those pics how great they look the shine on the metal the reflections and if you and your team were here we all get drunk and play ping pong.😃

Zdenek  Cebis

31 minutes ago, Ausflight said:

Just to my previous message Robert i just can’t stop looking at those pics how great they look the shine on the metal the reflections and if you and your team were here we all get drunk and play ping pong.😃

while messing around with the 747-400, I noticed that there is no aircraft symbol in the PLN mode on the ND. Is it just me?

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

1 hour ago, rsrandazzo said:

Jack,

I know what you mean when you say that you aren't sure you can see it.  When Jason started sending progress images over to the rest of the team, I sorta looked at them and made approving noises because I figured everyone else must be seeing something I wasn't...

If you walk outside and look at a car driving by- you are entirely unaware of how much light and reflection there is on that car- until you take all of that surface light-play away. 

I'm not sure I have time to put together comparison images- but when you see it "in sim" I suggest you tie your shoes on extra tight because it will knock your socks off.

Thank you Kyle and Robert.  You guys make the absolute best aircraft.  I used to work avionics on most big jets in the sky today so I like how accurate they are.  I hope you guys release something similar, another jet.  Personally I’d love the A319 because I refuse to buy from a particular company.

Jack Sawyer

No buses on PMDG site ever.😉

Edited by Ausflight

Zdenek  Cebis

That's like if FsDreamTeam started to develop planes 😛

Edited by arwasairl