Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[26JAN19] It is Saturday. Let's have share some PBR!

Sorry fellas I like Airbuses, it’s just another fascinating aircraft to me, especially the avionics.  I don’t want to start a war, just my opinion. 

Jack Sawyer

That’s alright Jack but we’ll leave this thread to the PBR and i can’t wait.🤩

Zdenek  Cebis

This looks absolutely amazing! 

Will this feature be rolled out to the rest of the PMDG fleet (777 and 737) ? 🙂

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

How about the cockpit? no PBR?

it would be very nice to see display units (like real glass) reacting to sun light/shadow during turns, dome lights reflections, flood lights reflections, and so on.

• Upvote 1

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

33 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

And please don‘t forget the DC-6! With all its bare metal PBR will certainly look spectacular on the DC-6. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

37 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

This looks absolutely amazing! 

Robert said in his post it’s for 747 and 747-8 i don’t think it will be for the other fleet.

Regards.

Zdenek  Cebis

9 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

I remember PBR Robert.

But this PBR lighting, I really can't see any difference.  Do you think you could post side by side shots of PBR and non-PBR and maybe point out the differences?  If you want to and have the time.

I'm in the same boat as you,Jack. There is an old saying that if you have to explain a joke, then it isn't funny - equally, with PBR, I've yet to see the benefits without someone explaining them. I was recently flying the Carenado Waco YMF5 in P3Dv4, with dynamic reflections and HDR enabled, and I honestly can't see how PBR might improve upon that. Maybe it will become more obvious to me when I start seeing it in the sim, but I hope PBR is not overdone or flogged to death simply because it is available ( like that silly chrome-plated afterburner nozzle on the default F-16 ).

I happily wait to have my eyes opened. 🙂

Edited by Paul K
  • Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

I wonder, is PBR in the VC also supported?

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

so much effort by developers around the globe for airplanes, that are flown from the cockpit.. 

38 minutes ago, 30K said:

that's what I actually hope for the future.. I couldn't care less about shiny engine inlets.. as Kyle said, pictures (and even videos) don't do it justice and I personally have never walked around my aircraft and driveled about the look. But I know that there are enough people who complain about some blurry text at the electric hatch.. PBR on the flight deck is all that would be important to me. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 30K said:

I think it is, leonardo maddog was talking about using that tech to replace TFDI's true light cockpit lighting

• Like 1

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

5 hours ago, 30K said:

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! No drinking in the cockpit! Err...well...

• Like 2

What does PBR mean for Virtual Cockpit visuals? Externals are nice, but I spend 99.999 in the cockpit and only very seldom even poke my head outside.

• Upvote 2

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

20 minutes ago, severniae said:

What does PBR mean for Virtual Cockpit visuals? Externals are nice, but I spend 99.999 in the cockpit and only very seldom even poke my head outside.

Glass reflections and you will see differences in painted metal vs the metal from where paint has been chipped away (the yoke).  You can also see non-reflective plastics that seem to absorb light rather than reflect it.

@Paul K  The difference between PBR and dynamic reflections are actually more than its ability to be 'shinny'.  You can Create noise for certain areas like APU exhaust or dirt so they don't reflect light which is true to life.  You can adjust reflection for certain materials so they are duller than other. Rubber vs Static Ports (they never seem to be reflective) or painted metal to bare metal.  Each can be separated to a certain level of reflectivety.  While I will admit that Dynamic reflections are very nice, once you have an aircraft thats been finely tuned into PBR it truly is amazing.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

5 hours ago, captainsazzman said:

I think it is, leonardo maddog was talking about using that tech to replace TFDI's true light cockpit lighting

Yes PBR is coming to the flight deck, but that doesn't replace TFDI's true light.  True light doesn't seem to be compatible with  PBR, so Leonard is developing their own light system as a necessity.  That is probably what you are thinking about.

Edited by thibodba57

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries