Sign in to follow this  
Lonnie

Three Questions

(1) I'm about ready to buy but someone please answer these Three questions? I do not have a mike or headset right now. Can I use all the benefits of  PTAC By just using the sayit function?   (2) Does using the auto pilot function follow the flight plan as a FMC or Garmen GPS might.  (3) Do all the functions work With A2A and Flight 1 aircraft? Thank you for reading this and for any and all reply's.

1) No.  The language features including SayIt require a microphone to be installed.

2) The P2A Autopilot merely controls the auto pilot in the aircraft.  It does not directly control the aircraft.

3) Some aircraft implement some features in a non-standard way.  The Com Radios and Auto Pilot are the ones most commonly affected.  You'll have to test the specific aircraft to see how they operate with P2A.  

Regards,

Dave

Thanks Dave! I understand 2 & 3 answers but for number one question I was thinking there was a way to communicate with ATC by clicking on a certain phrase pre-written by pilot to ATC. Thanks for clearing that up I won't be purchasing the program if I can't use it. I would have been very disappointed. Thanks again Dave. You have a great program going here except for people that have a speech impediment of some kind.

You can use the program without speaking at all. Use the PTT to access the pre written phrases and configure the co-pilot to answer the ATC. Works great if you don't want to talk directly to the program.

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

I´m also looking for a solution to set up PTAC without a microphone. Not everybody have a mic or want to talk to the ATC.

I already installed the Demo version,but was unable to set up PATC right without a microphone. So I searched the net for a solution but with confusing results. One says it is impossible,the other(s) says it is possible.

My question now: Does PTAC work without a microphone and if so, can a good soule here please make a simple step by step tutorial or post a link for it?

Thx

As the author of the program, I can assure you that the ATC portion of Pilot2ATC DOES NOT WORK without a microphone.  All communications are done using Speech Recognition and that requires a Microphone that is working and set up as the default sound input device.

An inexpensive headset can be had for under $20 USD.

Dave

• Upvote 1

Hi Guys,

I'm assuming you're on desktop PCs since you have no mic. You can get one for under $10 on amazon, and probably locally, too. Again, as Dave says, you need the mic for ATC to work, but you don't have to actually talk, you can use the SayIt feature instead.

P2ATC is definitely worth the money and effort!

I haven't tested every feature, but I have A2A's C172 and Comanche 250 and I haven't noticed any issues. Again, I haven't done rigorous testing, and i've flow the 172 much more than the Comanche. Maybe after I get better at flying I can do more testing.

Thanks,
Don.

Edited by DonMR

My final post on this topic. I love my younger brother but after this morning I love him even more.  We were discussing using this program and why I couldn't use it yesterday and how much I thought it would be a good program. He is not into flying but he showed up this morning with a check for the  program and a Flight 1 Beechcraft B200 plane and a set  of headphones with a mike on it and said happy birthday I am a disabled  Viet Nam  Vet (70 yrs old)  Birthday 1/10/48  Now I can try and get the Demo working and then buy the program Thanks Dave for the program and all those  that replied to this thread. I'm as high as a kite right now.

Edited by Lonnie
more comment

You have a great time with this program, hope you get what you want from it, happy flying.

UK resident

Richard Cox