Sign in to follow this  
DCNiner

Falcon 50 - No cockpit sounds.

Hello everybody.

I just purchased the Flysimware DA50 and I've a problem with cockpit sounds: they are not playing except the belts7smoke signe and the electrical buzz after swith on the batteries. The rest of sounds are gone: clicks, APU, trim...

I tried to move the FBGS_XMLSound.dll to the panel folder, change the panel.cfg syntax to ressemble the syntax in the Flysim Lear 35, but no effect. I also tried to use the MT_XMLSound.gau from the Lear 35 (v2.7) and then I got an invalid license message and some artifacts in cockpit view, so I reinstalled the Falcon only to find out that the sounds are still gone.

I'm using Falcon 50 v1.4 (last version available from from PC Aviator), FSX Acceleration and Windows 7 PRO 32bit.

Any idea?

Thank you in advance.

Ah, I forgot to say that I've phasing engine sounds also, as I had in the Flysim Lear 35, but in this case I know how to repair them.

In the Lear (and in other add-ons) I edited the engine sounds with a wave editor just to get them not to be the same and the problem disappears. I'll do the same with the Falcon tomorrow.

48 minutes ago, DCNiner said:

Hello everybody.

I just purchased the Flysimware DA50 and I've a problem with cockpit sounds: they are not playing except the belts7smoke signe and the electrical buzz after swith on the batteries. The rest of sounds are gone: clicks, APU, trim...

I tried to move the FBGS_XMLSound.dll to the panel folder, change the panel.cfg syntax to ressemble the syntax in the Flysim Lear 35, but no effect. I also tried to use the MT_XMLSound.gau from the Lear 35 (v2.7) and then I got an invalid license message and some artifacts in cockpit view, so I reinstalled the Falcon only to find out that the sounds are still gone.

I'm using Falcon 50 v1.4 (last version available from from PC Aviator), FSX Acceleration and Windows 7 PRO 32bit.

Any idea?

Thank you in advance.

Look at the thread here https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/546057-falcon-50-no-custom-sounds-for-1-customer/

What's interesting is both of you with this problem use Windows 7.

Al

4 hours ago, DCNiner said:

Hello everybody.

Any idea?

Thank you in advance.

I had this problem early on. After a couple of weeks, great support from FSW, and several new F50 versions, it just went away and I had the sounds. Never understood why.

I am using Win 7 64 Pro. Did you mean to say you were using the 32 bit Win 7?

Rick

5 hours ago, DCNiner said:

Ah, I forgot to say that I've phasing engine sounds also, as I had in the Flysim Lear 35, but in this case I know how to repair them.

In the Lear (and in other add-ons) I edited the engine sounds with a wave editor just to get them not to be the same and the problem disappears. I'll do the same with the Falcon tomorrow.

I have pretty good audio editing skills and equipment. What exactly did you do to the duplicate file? Invert the phase? Or change it by shortening or changing the playback rate slightly? Plus I'm feeling lazy so could you tell me the file names? That would make my Lear even more perfect!

Edited by sloppysmusic

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

I think the missing sounds was a bad version for Windows 7 only. So just wait for a newer version just as Wink207 did.

Edited by Flysimware