Sign in to follow this  
atlphx

A couple of questions

Hello All, 

I would first like to congratulate the Flysimware team on an amazing aircraft but I have a couple of questions that I could not find in the manual.

1. The autopilot, I have had major difficulties with the IAS mode tracking a speed and how to set a speed on it so I was wondering how to do that. I have also had some issues with the ILS tracking the localizer which it seems like it has a hard time doing.

2. I could not find the APU for the life of me so where is it in the cockpit.

3. I have no N2 rising on engine start off of the GPU but rather the N1 rising. Is this normal behavior?

4. Can I put a number for fuel into the manager or does it have to be one of the three selected options?

Thanks so Much

5 hours ago, atlphx said:

2. I could not find the APU for the life of me so where is it in the cockpit.

Hi, welcome to the Avsim forum community.

The APU on the Falcon F50 is on the copilot side, if you click on the arm rest it will be visible.

For the IAS just click on the button  at the desired speed the AP will then hold that speed , any increase or decrease in power will adjust the vertical speed.

edit.... for the fuel you could always adjust the values if you wish in the flight sim drop down menu.

bob

Edited by onebob

I assume you are talking about the Falcon 50.

1. Regarding the AP IAS  mode:

Since there is no autothrottle function in the Lear35, the only way the AP can control climb or descent speed is by using the elevator to control pitch and thus the vertical speed (VS). When the IAS button is engaged, the AP notes the current VS which it now uses as the reference VS for holding the target IAS. If the IAS should increase above the target IAS, the AP increases the VS by adding an appropriate increment to the reference VS. This now becomes the new reference VS. This causes pitch to increase and IAS to drop since the thrust (throttle position) has not changed. Likewise, if the IAS drops below the target IAS, the AP subtracts an appropriate increment from the reference VS. This now becomes the new reference VS. This causes the pitch to decrease and the IAS to increase.  So for the IAS AP mode to work well, it is critical that  the a/c BE IN TRIM at the target IAS with the throttle set when the AP IAS mode is engaged. If this is not the case, the reference VS is not valid, and the AP continually 'hunts' to find a VS that results in the target IAS.

2. The APU is discussed in the aircraft manual.

3. Once any of the three main a/c engines is running there should be a corresponding N2 indication.

4. Regarding fuel, as noted above you can use the sim fuel menu to set your own fuel quantities.

Al

Edited by ark

11 hours ago, ark said:

I assume you are talking about the Falcon 50.

1. Regarding the AP IAS  mode:

Since there is no autothrottle function in the Lear35, the only way the AP can control climb or descent speed is by using the elevator to control pitch and thus the vertical speed (VS). When the IAS button is engaged, the AP notes the current VS which it now uses as the reference VS for holding the target IAS. If the IAS should increase above the target IAS, the AP increases the VS by adding an appropriate increment to the reference VS. This now becomes the new reference VS. This causes pitch to increase and IAS to drop since the thrust (throttle position) has not changed. Likewise, if the IAS drops below the target IAS, the AP subtracts an appropriate increment from the reference VS. This now becomes the new reference VS. This causes the pitch to decrease and the IAS to increase.  So for the IAS AP mode to work well, it is critical that  the a/c BE IN TRIM at the target IAS with the throttle set when the AP IAS mode is engaged. If this is not the case, the reference VS is not valid, and the AP continually 'hunts' to find a VS that results in the target IAS.

2. The APU is discussed in the aircraft manual.

3. Once any of the three main a/c engines is running there should be a corresponding N2 indication.

4. Regarding fuel, as noted above you can use the sim fuel menu to set your own fuel quantities.

Al

That worked great! Thank you so much for the tips.