Sign in to follow this  
Trubshaw

Caranado King Air 350 can you get dual OBS

Posted Thursday at 10:01 PM 

Hello All

I fly the Caranado Kind Air 350 it has dual HSI both tuned to the same Nav Frequency. So turning the OBS for selecting a VOR Radial both HSIs move the same. 

Is there a switch or any program lines , which can be added to the aircraft config files so as to split them into separate Nav Aids,  So for instance you can track on number one HSI and select a cross bearing on number two HSI

As in real world aircraft.

Trubshaw

No reply’s 

So does any member know of other developers making a better King Air 350, than the Caranado , Does the Flight 1 have dual HSI  and OBS,

The Caranado King Air has too much lag on engine throttle up.

Trubshaw.

On 1/27/2019 at 12:17 PM, Trubshaw said:

Posted Thursday at 10:01 PM 

Hello All

I fly the Caranado Kind Air 350 it has dual HSI both tuned to the same Nav Frequency. So turning the OBS for selecting a VOR Radial both HSIs move the same. 

Is there a switch or any program lines , which can be added to the aircraft config files so as to split them into separate Nav Aids,  So for instance you can track on number one HSI and select a cross bearing on number two HSI

As in real world aircraft.

Trubshaw

The PFDs are two projections (pilot and copilot) of the same image and is determined by the model file which can't be de-compiled.  What you ask could probably be done with a great deal of work but few with the know-how to do it would take it on only to get a second OBS selection.  In general, copilot instruments are considered "eye candy" in most sims with no intention of actually using them.

The engine lag issue can be addressed through the fuel_flow_gain in the aircraft.cfg file but decreasing lag will result in significant torque overshoots.  You can mess with the number until you get a balance you can live with, but in the current sim it will never be close to real-world.  The problem is not with Carenado.  It lies in the basic turboprop modeling in FSX/P3D.  We've been asking for a fix all the way back to the MSFS 2004 days but I guess it's never coming. 

Edited by whamil77

Hello

Thank you for the explanation, I see you know your technology in modelling. The P2 instrumentation is an essential display and really should have a split Nav system for proper navigation,

I hav PFC Console and Avionics all capable of duel VOR and ADF and Markers a great piece of kit and an OBS with independent selection of the above. 

It appears too me that the product makers just are not willing to strive for perfection but rather get anther modal on the production line which brings in more money,  You can treat FSX as a game and load dozens of aircraft , it state on the box from 8 upward, But you can also treat it like a proper Flight a Flight Simulstor  you only need about 8 plane as that’s about the limit you would pass a compancy  check on if ever you were needed to.

So does anybody know of a King Air produced with up market Nav Aid

i would put the King Air in the  middle leaning curve. Good Aeroplane  both Auto and handflying .

le

Trubshaw

3 hours ago, Trubshaw said:

Hello

Thank you for the explanation, I see you know your technology in modelling. The P2 instrumentation is an essential display and really should have a split Nav system for proper navigation,

I hav PFC Console and Avionics all capable of duel VOR and ADF and Markers a great piece of kit and an OBS with independent selection of the above. 

It appears too me that the product makers just are not willing to strive for perfection but rather get anther modal on the production line which brings in more money,  You can treat FSX as a game and load dozens of aircraft , it state on the box from 8 upward, But you can also treat it like a proper Flight a Flight Simulstor  you only need about 8 plane as that’s about the limit you would pass a compancy  check on if ever you were needed to.

So does anybody know of a King Air produced with up market Nav Aid

i would put the King Air in the  middle leaning curve. Good Aeroplane  both Auto and handflying .

le

Trubshaw

I'm not sure it's that the developers are necessarily slackers.  The fix you suggest would be difficult after the fact, as I previously explained, but would be quite simple during development.  But it would cost processing time and FPS.  Most developers are under more pressure to keep the frame rates reasonable than to provide two separate NAV sources and indications.  Second NAVs are generally there to provide a backup for #1.  #1 rarely fails in the simulator.   In these days of GPS, VOR cross-radials have become a thing of the past.  The developers are reacting to the market.  For every user asking for a second NAV indication, there are a thousand asking for better frame rates.  

I have an old PFC console (serial, by the way) that I got on eBay for pennies on the dollar.  It takes some work to keep it running, but what a difference it makes over the plastic Saitek, etc, stuff.      

Hello W

Thing of the passed, maybe you are right, but flying by hand sorts the best out, Try flying a holding pattern on a fixed ADF dial, Flying the plane using mental asthmatic to calculate your bearing on the inbound turn, Laying off the drift on the outbound leg it’s hard work, Maybe if pilots had been trained back to the old standards the airliner that stalled over the sea near Canada would not have happened. The pilot before me had to user Decker navigation systems , Things have got much easier over the years even the exams are much easier, use to be written exam papers, now it’s multi choice , days gone by you use to get dedicated vocation pilots who worked there way up as an instructor I think In was a total of 1000 hour before to hold a commercial, Today rich mummy or daddy with £35000 to get you on the ladder. It’s a shame the self improvers route has gone. It more money oriantated  today.

FSX is calibrate for compass turn, in my part of the world it’s underShoot Northerlies and overshoot Southerlies, Thing of the passed, we all watch TV  .but could you build one,, The cathode Ray you need the basics, 

PFC Console, you are lucky mine cost me thousands, It a good piece of kit,  The Avionics stack is great, the frequency selector knob clicks and feels like the real thing they have paid at attention to detail.

I had a lot of trouble, the whole thing use to go haywire, switches and engines on and off.  I was using a USB to Com Port Adapter.

Fitted a on board PCIe Com Port board into P4 slot all fixed.

I You ever have this problem get a Stareteck board, with an Oxford Chip.

Stareteck is about the only company that give the chip in the spec.

And incidentally your Console has two OBS knobs for dual  HSIs or Flight Director systems .

Keep in touch fellow PFC flyer.

Trubshaw.

I remember now, you had to have 750 hours for minimum commercial,, 1000 for Sinior commercial and 1500 hours for the ATPL which had extra subjects ,Climatologe, Plotting, and some more. Now you up front with about 200  and never done a loop in your life , Comes done to good old money and high training costs ,Captain drops dead , destination out, alternate minimum fuel low in minimum weather, glad I’m not onboard.

T