Sign in to follow this  
dores893

RSV Fuel Tank Surprise

Tonight I decided to try to balance 1&4 plus the reserves with 2&3.  That was the point where I turned off crossfeeds and overrides.  When I did that, each tank was balanced and the aircraft was happy.  No more EICAS messages.  Yes, the 748 made me do math...in my head.

I think we can mark this closed.  I now know the reasons for the EICAS messages and why I bled my reserves....I didn't add them to 1&4 when balancing the fuel.  It's possible to start with more fuel in the outboards plus reserves than the inboards when you are doing a short hop.  That sets you up for a lot of EICAS fuel messages until you draw from the right tanks to get your balance.

PMDG did an amazing job on this aircraft.  

Jimmy Helton

Edited by dores893

35 minutes ago, dores893 said:

I think we can mark this closed.  I now know the reasons for the EICAS messages and why I bled my reserves....I didn't add them to 1&4 when balancing the fuel.  It's possible to start with more fuel in the outboards plus reserves than the inboards when you are doing a short hop.  That sets you up for a lot of EICAS fuel messages until you draw from the right tanks to get your balance.

Okay, this one I have to ask....how are you even loading the fuel. As far as I'm aware, the ONLY way to correctly load fuel is via the PMDG fuel loader in the FMC. The fuel loading issue shouldn't be happening in the first place.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

11 hours ago, dores893 said:

Yes, the 748 made me do math...in my head.

haha - yeah, the adjustment is a bit odd, but at the same time: don't try to outsmart the plane. In this case, let it prompt you for the change.

11 hours ago, dores893 said:

PMDG did an amazing job on this aircraft.  

Thanks!

Kyle Rodgers

18 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

Okay, this one I have to ask....how are you even loading the fuel. As far as I'm aware, the ONLY way to correctly load fuel is via the PMDG fuel loader in the FMC. The fuel loading issue shouldn't be happening in the first place.

You could load fuel through the EFB on the W&B calculator in the performance tab. Enter the amount you want in the tanks and hit send to aircraft. You could easily set it up to put fuel in random places and send the computer for a loop.

5 hours ago, rgamurot said:

You could load fuel through the EFB on the W&B calculator in the performance tab. Enter the amount you want in the tanks and hit send to aircraft. You could easily set it up to put fuel in random places and send the computer for a loop.

That's not what the function is for, though, and his point isn't that.

He's asking if the OP is loading fuel via a third party app, or the sim's default fuel/payload function.

Kyle Rodgers