Sign in to follow this  
wheels1911

Joystick / Controler stoped working FSX SE

I had the logistic 3d pro... It stopped working so I figured it broke.... So I went out and bought the Thrustmaster Flight Hotas X........... also does not work.....So now I know its the game..1 week ago my joystick worked... I haven't downloaded anything new... I even did the steam game files check........ controller doesn't show  up in FSX setting just has "free look" and "mouse yoke" of course I've tried different USB's... IDK what else to do... I don't want to uninstall becuse I have 2 PMDG'S...... GSX.... edok...   addon secenery

When the game loads up on the opening screen, right click & check the bottom of the menu that pops up..

If mouse yoke has a check mark, deselect it & you should get back control of your joystick.

Cheers....

29 minutes ago, OleGreyGhost said:

When the game loads up on the opening screen, right click & check the bottom of the menu that pops up..

If mouse yoke has a check mark, deselect it & you should get back control of your joystick.

Cheers....

Sorry I may not have explained enough. FSX literally does not even see my Joystick... Setting> controls .........No joy stick... Like its not there.. so the mouse yoke has really nothing to do with this....it also deselected of course 

This looks like a joystick driver issue.  Like OleGreyGhost said, find and download the necessary drivers for the sticks.

Failing that, try a powered USB hub (that is, it plugs into a power outlet).  It is possible you have too many USB devices plugged in and your computer does not have enough power on its own to handle them all.  I use so many controllers for FSX:SE that I have to use the USB hub for a couple of them to be fully running and recognized.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

Same thing happened to me. Suddenly, my CH yoke and pedals ceased to be recognized. I wound up doing a system restore back a couple days and that fixed it.

Edited by Ken Pryor
fixed typo

Well, it did it again. After using System Restore, everything returned to normal and I could use the yoke and pedals as usual. Tonight, FSX stopped seeing them again and Windows sees them but doesn't know what they are. No clue how to proceed.

I rebooted and Windows installed updates. Now the yoke and pedals seem to be working again. Crossing my fingers that they'll continue to work.

On 28 January 2019 at 7:04 AM, wheels1911 said:

Sorry I may not have explained enough. FSX literally does not even see my Joystick... Setting> controls .........No joy stick... Like its not there.. so the mouse yoke has really nothing to do with this....it also deselected of course 

There seems to have been a controller problem with Steam for some people recently. Start Steam and try changing these settings (make sure FSX isn't running). In the top left of the Steam panel, go to Steam->Settings->Controller->General Controller Settings and deselect everything. Then simply close out. Restart FSX and if you go to Controllers in the game under Settings your controllers should be there.

Edited by vortex681

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Thank you very much for that info! I've still been fighting the problem off and on and had wondered if Steam might have anything to do with it. I'll give what you said a try.