Sign in to follow this  
threebears

Pushback Forwards!

Yesterday I used the 'Pushback' feature on the FMC for the first time.  After the dialogue between the virtual ground crew and virtual pilot, on release of the parking brake, the aircraft started to move forwards not back!  I had to re-set the parking brake to avoid driving throuh the terminal.  I have 'pushback' available as a button assignment on my throttle quadrant, for use on other (non PMDG) aircraft, so I selected that and the standard FSX pushback worked.  Any comments, please?

Andrew Gold

didn't  know  that  you  could  be  pushed  fwd  using  the  push  back option

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I'm not sure this will be helpful, but:

I had a similar issue, along with controllers no longer being effective. This seemed to happen after installing new scenery and aircraft.

Anyway. The aircraft installed an old version of the FSUIPC5 dll and the scenery hosed up some installed libraries. I think.

The solution for me was to: Download and install the latest FSUIPC5, run the FSDT Live update (to fix GSX 1) and the SODE installer to repair itself.

I hope this helps. I was going nuts trying to understand what was going on. I'm not positive I'm all fixed up. Once something like this happens, I spend several hours while flying expecting something terrible to happen in the middle of a long flight.

Good luck.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

2 hours ago, RichieFly said:

I'm not sure this will be helpful, but:

I had a similar issue, along with controllers no longer being effective. This seemed to happen after installing new scenery and aircraft.

Anyway. The aircraft installed an old version of the FSUIPC5 dll and the scenery hosed up some installed libraries. I think.

The solution for me was to: Download and install the latest FSUIPC5, run the FSDT Live update (to fix GSX 1) and the SODE installer to repair itself.

I hope this helps. I was going nuts trying to understand what was going on. I'm not positive I'm all fixed up. Once something like this happens, I spend several hours while flying expecting something terrible to happen in the middle of a long flight.

Good luck.

Thank you.  I have FSUIPC4 which, I think, is right for FSX-SE?  Isn't FSUIPC5 for P3D users?  Anyhow, PMDG have asked me for a .cab file generated by the PMDG Operations Centre, which I have sent, for them to look at.  Meanwhile I'll have a look at your scenery / aircraft add-on idea.  I recently reinstalled a FSX-SE compatible 'World and Cities' enhancer from Simshack (or maybe Just Flight), and also downloaded some additional liveries direct from PMDG.  I'll try uninstalling these first.  One oddity, with the liveries, is that there are subtle differences between the flight deck controls - I expected them to be 'overlays' on the base 737-800/900 but, for example, some of the the 'knobs' on the KLM version are different from the standard (e.g. speed selector).

Andrew

1 hour ago, threebears said:

Thank you.  I have FSUIPC4 which, I think, is right for FSX-SE?  Isn't FSUIPC5 for P3D users?  Anyhow, PMDG have asked me for a .cab file generated by the PMDG Operations Centre, which I have sent, for them to look at.  Meanwhile I'll have a look at your scenery / aircraft add-on idea.  I recently reinstalled a FSX-SE compatible 'World and Cities' enhancer from Simshack (or maybe Just Flight), and also downloaded some additional liveries direct from PMDG.  I'll try uninstalling these first.  One oddity, with the liveries, is that there are subtle differences between the flight deck controls - I expected them to be 'overlays' on the base 737-800/900 but, for example, some of the the 'knobs' on the KLM version are different from the standard (e.g. speed selector).

Andrew

Andrew

Might be the different MCP. We offer both Collins MCP and Honeywell. Depending aircraft livery it can be loaded with the one that company uses.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

7 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

Andrew

Might be the different MCP. We offer both Collins MCP and Honeywell. Depending aircraft livery it can be loaded with the one that company uses.

OK, thanks.  That probably explains it.

Andrew