Sign in to follow this  
bangersandsmash

777-200 take off power issue

Hi Everyone,

I've just tried to take off in the 777-200, power was set and I was rolling, then the power reduced by itself. I aborted the takeoff and went and did engine runs just to make sure it wasn't my throttles playing up and the same thing happened.

Any advice would be great.  

1 hour ago, bangersandsmash said:

I've just tried to take off in the 777-200, power was set and I was rolling, then the power reduced by itself. I aborted the takeoff and went and did engine runs just to make sure it wasn't my throttles playing up and the same thing happened.

Please be sure to read the intro manual. There is a specific section with details on how to properly set your throttle.

I'm willing to bet that you're setting the power, hitting TOGA and leaving your physical hardware throttles where they were when you pressed TOGA. As such, when the throttle (per the TOGA 'schedule') drops to HOLD mode, the sim rolls the throttle back to your physical hardware throttle's position.

Instead, when you are ready to go, stand the throttles up, hit TOGA, and follow the throttle up manually on your hardware and leave them at the forward limit. The real plane has servos to do this. Your hardware likely does not.

Kyle Rodgers