Sign in to follow this  
co2bruce

GTN 750 into Carenado A36

Trying to replicate my actual panel. I have the GTN 770 installed and it is there only as a pop up. It works fine, but now I have 3 GPS (2 - GNS in panel) and the floating GTN. Is it possible to delete one of the GNS and install GTN in panel? It is a 3d panel, and the plane builder doesn't seem to be much help. 

Autopilot will follow GTN but course needle on Aspen does not line up, nor CDI. Is this plug in just not compatible with Carenado A36? If I configure as not master it will work, just not drive the auto pilot. Any sugestions?

Edited by co2bruce

deleted.. did not see the X-Plane reference.

:blush:

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Hi,

there are already a number of discussions about 3D panel integration in X-Plane and it is more involving because X-Plane considers the aircraft, the cockpit, the panel and the gauge a 'whole'. It therefore requires to re-model the aircraft (read use the 3D modeller and export again) to 'remove' or 'add' 3D bezels.

With XP11 there are more ways to make the entire 3D model modular but not all 3rd party vendors have adopted this way of building the aircraft yet. Nevertheless, provided there is enough 'space' in the panel.png file, you can configure the GTN to 'render' over a rectangle in this space. You might want to start reading the B58 tutorial in our X-Plane GNS forum for more information.

As for the 'instruments' interactions, you might want to review the GTN Configuration Panel to find out which 'panel instrument' override is working for this aircraft. I'd suspect at least 'Connect GPS to HSI' and eventually 'to VOR', along with 'Connect CDI mode'.

You might want to try out Gauge Options | Advanced Settings | Auto-Update Simulator GPS Waypoints. This will override the default GPS/FMS with the GTN active route, live, which will help 3rd party EFIS to display the route on their screen.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

1 hour ago, RXP said:

Hi,

there are already a number of discussions about 3D panel integration in X-Plane and it is more involving because X-Plane considers the aircraft, the cockpit, the panel and the gauge a 'whole'. It therefore requires to re-model the aircraft (read use the 3D modeller and export again) to 'remove' or 'add' 3D bezels.

With XP11 there are more ways to make the entire 3D model modular but not all 3rd party vendors have adopted this way of building the aircraft yet. Nevertheless, provided there is enough 'space' in the panel.png file, you can configure the GTN to 'render' over a rectangle in this space. You might want to start reading the B58 tutorial in our X-Plane GNS forum for more information.

As for the 'instruments' interactions, you might want to review the GTN Configuration Panel to find out which 'panel instrument' override is working for this aircraft. I'd suspect at least 'Connect GPS to HSI' and eventually 'to VOR', along with 'Connect CDI mode'.

You might want to try out Gauge Options | Advanced Settings | Auto-Update Simulator GPS Waypoints. This will override the default GPS/FMS with the GTN active route, live, which will help 3rd party EFIS to display the route on their screen.

Wow! That single response should be isolated by itself as a pinned topic with a name like "X-Plane Panel Integration"

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

thank you, I will follow your guidance I do my best. Panel integration is not as important to me as having the GTN override the # 1 GPS unit. I have played with configuration panel that pops up but no luck yet. Will keep trying. 

Autopilot now working, but HSI does not respond . Flight from Abaco to Ft Lauderdale everything good (HSI arrow I pointed toward destination, CDI centered). Change to direct Key West, auto pilot responds but HSI and CDI remains pointed toward Ft Lauderdale and centered. Any ideas?

Quote .......

You might want to try out Gauge Options | Advanced Settings | Auto-Update Simulator GPS Waypoints. This will override the default GPS/FMS with the GTN active route, live, which will help 3rd party EFIS to display the route on their screen

I do not know how to find these options??

3 minutes ago, co2bruce said:

Gauge Options | Advanced Settings | Auto-Update Simulator GPS Waypoints

3 minutes ago, co2bruce said:

I do not know how to find these options??

This is the option. These are labels you find in the Configuration Panel. So find 'Gauge Options', then in gauge options find 'Advanced Settings' etc...

Edited by RXP

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I found these and reset. Auto pilot and GTN work correctly  with the exception of the course pointer and CDI on the Aspen. (

Is this a limitation of the Aspen in the Carenado A36 and interface with your GTN??) Built in GNS430 work correctly but the GTN will not command the course pointer and CDI

Edited by co2bruce

There are other options you might want to try such as 'Connect GPS to HSI/CRS (auto-slew)'. The GTN will simulate a 'motor' which rotates the HSI COURSE to the DTK.

Otherwise, it might be possible their gauge is using 'NAV' datarefs instead of 'HSI/GPS' datarefs, in which case you'd need to enable 'Connect GPS to VOR'.

When I change destination course arrow does not move (autopilot does change heading in NAV mode). If I open GTN settings and click auto slew off, then back on again course arrow moves to correct heading.  

Hi,

When enabled, the course rotates ONLY IF the DTK changes, which happens to be the case also when going from 'disabled' to 'enabled'.

Once enabled, any DTK change rotates the course, unless, a third party gauge is 'fighting' against in trying to 'control' the course as well. In this case, probably the ASPEN. You can try the auto-slew feature in the default B58 HSI for example and this should work as documented.

NB: auto-slew is something normally found only in EFIS, not mechanical instruments. the GTN/GNS V2 option is to 'supplement' 3rd party gauges not taking care to auto-slew the course themselves whenever DTK changes. A very simple 1 line of code in any XML or C++ gauge, but sometimes missing.

Good day,

I'm thinking to buy the GTN or GNS device for the Carenado A36.

IS the GTN series fully compatible with A36 ? Even with Aspen ?

Thanks

7 hours ago, germano said:

Good day,

I'm thinking to buy the GTN or GNS device for the Carenado A36.

IS the GTN series fully compatible with A36 ? Even with Aspen ?

Thanks

The only GPS that fits in the panel is the GNS430, and it can be made to work with the Aspen that comes with the Carenado A36.. but requires fixes which I can send you..

Let me know if you decide to pursue this!

• Like 1

Bert