Sign in to follow this  
MarcoCheng

New Born Baby to P3D

Hi, I'm new to p3d.

I got a few question, so currently I purchased p3d with pmdg 772

I was trying to choose position for final approach once the game start, however it always show terrain... pull up warning, how to avoid it.

Is there anyway to start the cockpit in cold without everything is running?

The initial process for 20s can it be shorter ?

Last, is there any tutorial for new joiner?

ONE LAST THING, HOW SHOULD I SET THE SENSITIVITY OF SAITEK YOKE? For a rolling and pitching? And what is the best null value

Thanks 

4 minutes ago, MarcoCheng said:

I was trying to choose position for final approach once the game start, however it always show terrain... pull up warning, how to avoid it.

You'd have to set up a flight at the airport, get it all set up to fly to the airport you'll be flying into, fly to that point, and then save the flight.

The likely reason you're getting the warning is that the FMC hasn't been set for the approach to the airport. The FMC needs to know where you are landing so that it knows to inhibit all of the warnings that should otherwise be going off if you were simply too low at a location you're not intending to land.

2 minutes ago, MarcoCheng said:

Is there anyway to start the cockpit in cold without everything is running?

Yep. Panel States are discussed in the Intro Manual (<sim root>\PMDG\[Aircraft folder]\Flight Documentation\Introduction Manual.pdf). You can use a few defaults, or create your own - all described there.

6 minutes ago, MarcoCheng said:

The initial process for 20s can it be shorter ?

No. If it could be, we would make it so. We didn't set it at 20 seconds just to make you wait, just to inconvenience you.

7 minutes ago, MarcoCheng said:

Last, is there any tutorial for new joiner?

Same location as the intro manual, above.

7 minutes ago, MarcoCheng said:

ONE LAST THING, HOW SHOULD I SET THE SENSITIVITY OF SAITEK YOKE? For a rolling and pitching? And what is the best null value

Depends on your hardware (specifically). Over time, the hardware wears out, and will need to be tuned to be sure it is sensitive enough, but not so sensitive that it's sending weird data when it's centered.

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

4 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

You'd have to set up a flight at the airport, get it all set up to fly to the airport you'll be flying into, fly to that point, and then save the flight.

The likely reason you're getting the warning is that the FMC hasn't been set for the approach to the airport. The FMC needs to know where you are landing so that it knows to inhibit all of the warnings that should otherwise be going off if you were simply too low at a location you're not intending to land.

Yep. Panel States are discussed in the Intro Manual (<sim root>\PMDG\[Aircraft folder]\Flight Documentation\Introduction Manual.pdf). You can use a few defaults, or create your own - all described there.

No. If it could be, we would make it so. We didn't set it at 20 seconds just to make you wait, just to inconvenience you.

Same location as the intro manual, above.

Depends on your hardware (specifically). Over time, the hardware wears out, and will need to be tuned to be sure it is sensitive enough, but not so sensitive that it's sending weird data when it's centered.

Actually I think it's wired for the sensitivity, when I move it a little bit (Perhaps 20 dec), it result in nearly 45 dec rolling lololol.

And thanks for the details reply especially on the final approach, zzz

6 minutes ago, MarcoCheng said:

And thanks for the details reply especially on the final approach, zzz

Welcome - have a look through the intro for sure. Lots of common mistakes, and other interesting info. It looks like it's a big read, but it's mostly pictures.

Post here with any questions.

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, MarcoCheng said:

sensitivity, when I move it a little bit (Perhaps 20 dec), it result in nearly 45 dec rolling lololol.

In P3D, go to the settings, controls and click around a bit to become familiar with the menues. There is an axis section and there you can look for the sensitivities. For a yoke you‘ll most likely want to reduce the null zones to as small as usable and the sensitivity to max. 

Then, when you’re already in the settings, go to the realism section (I believe it‘s further up in the same menu) and check that on the left side the sliders (4 or 5 of them) are set to full right... and on the right side deactivate any collision check marks, that‘s a completely unrealistic „feature“ anyway. 

It might sound strange to set everything to „hard“ as a beginner, but the PMDG addons are highly realistic simulations and you would end up frustrated pretty fast if that would be set to „easy“ or so.

I suggest you start with the built in lessons and tutorials which will teach you the basics of how to fly, how to land and how to use the sim. If you can't land a single engined Cessna, you will not be able to land a 777. All the advanced tutorials make the assumption that you already know the basics and won't really make much sense if you don't.

P.S. For future reference, most simmers prefer to refer to P3D, FSX, XP11 etc. as sims or simulations rather then games and some of the older ones can get quite touchy about it.

7 hours ago, Paul_Smith said:

some of the older ones can get quite touchy about it. 

You talkin' about me Paul?  LOL I do usually give feedback to anyone calling flight simulation a game but I actually bit my tongue this time to encourage the OP to explore... this one time.

Dan Downs KCRP

Agree with Paul Smith (my childhood friend's name! - and we're still in touch) in that you should take the Cessna for some flights (if you haven't already) and master the taking off, flying, and landing of it.  Things happen fast in the big iron, and you literally, mentally, have to have your brain way out in front of the aircraft.

The PMDG tutorials are great, and every now and then I'll redo them.  I still catch on to something new every time because the first time through things don't always "click". 

Mark Trainer

"That's right sir. You are the only person authorized to do so. And although I hate to judge before all the facts are in, it's beginning to look like General Ripper exceeded his authority." - General Turgidson,from Dr. Strangelove, best B-52 movie ever made.  Funniest too.