Sign in to follow this  
spilok

My "pauses" or stutters fixed!

I've been using autosave for years and see very little stutter, if any, even when using PMDG birds with extra save info.  I did have a problem once, and it was due to mapping my documents folder to a network share.  Once I moved documents back to my local SSD, all stutters disappeared.

The only thing that solved my pauses was disabling ORBX regions when not flying there.  Went from 9 second pause in LAX area to none.  Even with just S.Cal enabled, I see very slight pause, but not very noticeable.  I do have Orbyx vector and LC enabled as well, and tried turning those off with no change.  Just the extra regions did for me.

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

1 hour ago, molleh said:

Again, if your PC is taking several seconds to autosave, something is not configured correctly.

I disagree. My PC is well configured and performing brilliantly.

Flying a simple aircraft like Carenado PC-12 or Xtreme Solutions Learjet 25 I never had a problem with AutoSave.

But the PMDG has a lot of systems and all that needs saving. You can't blame FSUIPC for taking so long to save. It's simply using the inbuilt Save Scenario feature.

If you want complexity that's the price you have to pay. As someone else said the occasional manual save is probably a good compromise.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

36 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

the occasional manual save

A couple of nights ago, flying the 747-8i around the Hudson Bay area, going on past experiences of getting CTDs in that area based on that infamous crook, ntdl.dll, I did a Scenario Save, just in case.

Edited by vc10man
bad grammar

Rick,

Is there really a criminal around that area? Crook? Or creek?

I've been flying the 738 around Europe for a week now and not a single crash. Pleased at how stable everything is. No Autosave and no manual ones either.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 hours ago, vc10man said:

That, Stan, has been a well-known fix for ages if you read through here. Nothing utterly earth-shattering there, just surprised it took you so long to cotton onto it.

Guess we learn something every day.

Stan

• Like 1

I've been flying the 738 around Europe for a week now and not a single crash.

I am trying to imagine you at the controls of a 737, Ray. All I am able to hear are the words "why are you so slow?!!" :laugh:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have always been using the autosave function in the FSUIPC paid version and have not noticed any stutters. What I have done is set the autosave interval to 600 seconds (10 minutes) and the keep number to 2. I don't believe that one save every 10 minutes would create any issue with stutters. This is the main reason I have bought FSUIPC as the autosave function is a real savior in any potential crash. 

Edited by Daedalus

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

5 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I am trying to imagine you at the controls of a 737, Ray. All I am able to hear are the words "why are you so slow?!!" :laugh:

Too bloomin’ true Chris. Mach 0.78 when I should be transporting my pax at Mach 2. Lefteris and Andrew need to get their skates on. They’re still buggering around with the Airbus! 😢

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

I have have been using the autosave function in the FSUIPC paid version and have not noticed any stutters.

It’s aircraft dependent. What are you flying?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It’s aircraft dependent. What are you flying?

Any type. I'm not saying I never had stutters but I never attributed them to the autosave function. The reason is that I have set it to a save frequency of 10 minutes. I can't imagine how one save every 10 minutes would create more than one stutter in 10 minutes. 

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Rick,

Is there really a criminal around that area? Crook? Or creek?

I've been flying the 738 around Europe for a week now and not a single crash. Pleased at how stable everything is. No Autosave and no manual ones either.

Ray, even after ditching FSX and all its relevant 32-bit weaknesses for P3D v4, in the QOTSII, flying down the East Coast towards New York or Orlando, bang, CTD due to that ntdll.dll. Hence, now I exercise wariness and do a Save, the only one the entire glob.. But touch wood with v4.4.it's been okay so far. There was a thread a while back on that particular area.

Crook was a tongue-in-cheek at a mere word🤣

14 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

What I have done is set the autosave interval to 600 seconds (10 minutes) and the keep number to 2.

Used to do that and never had any stutters too.

19 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

Any type. I'm not saying I never had stutters but I never attributed them to the autosave function. The reason is that I have set it to a save frequency of 10 minutes. I can't imagine how one save every 10 minutes would create more than one stutter in 10 minutes. 

Please be specific. If you fly the PMDG737NGX you will get a 7-10 sec pause whilst the save takes place. It isn’t a stutter. It’s a pause and very noticeable.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

15 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Ray, even after ditching FSX and all its relevant 32-bit weaknesses for P3D v4, in the QOTSII, flying down the East Coast towards New York or Orlando, bang, CTD due to that ntdll.dll. Hence, now I exercise wariness and do a Save, the only one the entire glob.. But touch wood with v4.4.it's been okay so far. There was a thread a while back on that particular area.

Crook was a tongue-in-cheek at a mere word🤣

Have you reported it to L-M? You would need to fly a default aircraft with no 3rd party scenery or other addons. If it can be replicated that way it’s a bug in their code. Otherwise it’s a bug in a third party addon which is not the fault of L-M of course. And finding the package responsible could take a while.

Are you up for it Sherlock? 😁

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi all,
Are you sure that the stuttering only a flightsim problem is? For me, i don't think so. Enter "stuttering games" in the search function of Google and look. But a real solution? i can find it.

Regards
Jo va BRa